Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Talking to my PS5 works better than I expected

I think I’ll be using the voice comands a lot I love it
I used to do this with Kinect. Used to turn my TV, sound system and Xbox all on and off using Kinect and change channels, raise/lower volume etc. Given this was 7/8 years ago Im surprised this tech didn’t become standard everywhere a while ago. Could have had good in-game applications too.

And yet games from Bethesda will still be X-Box exclusive...

Still available on PC though, and free on Game Pass day one. I would say that's still more inclusive than the average exclusive :p

But no Sony or Nintendo.

Well I doubt something like Starfield or Elder Scrolls VI could even run on Nintendo anyway. But my point is, compared Sony exclusives, there's still going to be far more people who can access Bethesda games at launch. I mean hell, if 25 million people have already downloaded and played Halo Infinite in a couple of months, no way Starfield isn't going to at least match that (I suspect it'll handily exceed that TBH)

For reference, Horizon Zero Dawn tweeted today that they've officially sold 20 million copies across PS4 & PC. 20 mill in 5 years is pretty stark compared to 25 million in 2 months.

Elden Ring has been fantastic for the first 20 hours. The first PS5 game that I feel has lived up to the experience I had with Demon's Souls Remake, which was my first experience with Souls games. I remain in my view that the games are challenging but not as hard as I thought they would be given their reputations.

The game has some great visual design and it's a real pleasure exploring the many parts of the world without even trying to accomplish anything. The fights are great fun as usual and have more of a rewarding feel than most games.

Well, this is no surprise. :hehe:

PlayStation to buy Jade Raymond's Haven Studios: Sony's first developer in Canada
Jade Raymond and Hermen Hulst on why Sony is buying Haven Studios

PlayStation has agreed to fully acquire Haven Studios, the development team led by Assassin's Creed, Star Wars and Google games veteran Jade Raymond.

It follows Sony's initial investment in the studio in March last year. Ever since, the team has been working on an exclusive new IP for PlayStation, which has now been revealed as a 'live service experience built upon a systemic and evolving world'.

Post-acquisition the studio will continue to be run by the current management team in close collaboration with PlayStation.

next gen PlayStation will be very interesting to see how these acquisitions will be paid off

I'm still waiting for that Big acquisition ala Microsoft buying Bethesda and ActiVision Blizzard. Its hard to get eXcited about a studio joining PS Studios that has yet to release a single game.

I'm still waiting for that Big acquisition ala Microsoft buying Bethesda and ActiVision Blizzard. Its hard to get eXcited about a studio joining PS Studios that has yet to release a single game.

Honestly, I'm skeptical they will make any such purchase. Partly because Sony is ultimately a smaller company than Microsoft and has less resources to play with. Partly because, in theory, Sony shouldn't *need* to purchase new studios like Microsoft does, because they already have a large catalog of IP, much larger than anything Microsoft had prior to their buying spree.

Honestly, I'm skeptical they will make any such purchase. Partly because Sony is ultimately a smaller company than Microsoft and has less resources to play with. Partly because, in theory, Sony shouldn't *need* to purchase new studios like Microsoft does, because they already have a large catalog of IP, much larger than anything Microsoft had prior to their buying spree.
Something like Quantic Dream, Asobo Studio, Konami I think would be pretty neat and more significant to their previous acquisitions recently, given the IPs owned by those studios. I don't play any games from Bungie so I'm not super aware of them.

I don't eXpect something like Ubisoft, T2, Capcom being bought by Sony. Square eniX and WB Games maybe, those would be massive for Sony.

Something like Quantic Dream, Asobo Studio, Konami I think would be pretty neat and more significant to their previous acquisitions recently, given the IPs owned by those studios. I don't play any games from Bungie so I'm not super aware of them.

I don't eXpect something like Ubisoft, T2, Capcom being bought by Sony. Square eniX and WB Games maybe, those would be massive for Sony.
Unless buying Quantic Dreams means gutting the company, I think that would be a deeply bad idea.

I kind of wonder even if not like WB what about just rocksteady that would be big by its self. I expect Kena bridge of spirts developer Emar labs to be bought by sony.

Unless buying Quantic Dreams means gutting the company, I think that would be a deeply bad idea.

Frankly I'm not even sure what Sony would gain from Quantic Dream. They already have a ton of experience making heavily cinematic games "in house". Them buying Quantic Dream would be like Nintendo buying Gears For Breakfast: sure they could, but *why*?

Frankly I'm not even sure what Sony would gain from Quantic Dream. They already have a ton of experience making heavily cinematic games "in house". Them buying Quantic Dream would be like Nintendo buying Gears For Breakfast: sure they could, but *why*?
Yeah, it's not like cinematic games are something Playstation struggles with. It's like their in-house bread and butter and I have to imagine that stuff like Horizon, Last of Us, God of War, Uncharted, etc... are much better things to have going forward than the company becoming best known for being ****ty even by video game company standards who, if rumours are to be believed, are strugglign to find people willing to work for them.

Am I the only one who finds "Spartacus" a somewhat weird pick for their project name? No, not because its random. . . but because its a dude most famous for trying to overthrow the big empire, failing, and getting himself and everybody with him killed. Do you *really* want to use that as a name for the subscription service that is supposed to go after Microsoft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"