Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

I don't know how much the original ps4 cost. But I got ps4 pro more or less 350 us dollars if my us dollars conversion is correct,back in 2017 and the price of ps4 pro is pretty much the same right now here, around 333 dollars. A lot of laptops here costs more than twice the price of a ps4 and a high end android phone is more expensive (and phones these days are always replaceable since theres always a new model), so I find the cost of a ps4 pretty affordable, especially I don't watch cable/live tv anymore, and its much better watching stuff with the ps4, because its connected to the tv.

I'm thinking of saving 400 us dollars for a year for ps5 so I wouldn't feel the weight of dropping 400 dollars in next next December. I just hope one of these games (Assassin's Creed, Skulls & Bones and Ghosts of Tsushima) comes along with itand its compatible with ps4 games.

You wouldn't buy a laptop though to play proper games, the ones capable of running some of the latest games are notoriously expensive running into the thousands & the same specs on a regular PC would see the cost halved. A standard PC though you could spend £400/$500 on one.

I need to see how much the PS5 costs & also compared to the next Xbox, it's unlikely I'll pick one up at launch though unless either of them has or does something that I currently don't foresee.

I was just window shopping the other week when I saw the prices for those laptops. I'm sure there are cheaper laptops out there, but the ones I saw were quite expensive.

But yeah you're right, I won't buy a laptop to play a game. I haven't played a videogame in pc since back in 2003. Gta vice city. PlayStation is my go to gaming platform.

The main reason why I'm picking up ps5 at launch is because I'm still catching up to the games I've missed from the early 2010s to now and I don't want to wait for ps5 in its 3rd or 4th year to start picking up ps5 titles.

Last edited:
I have a 4k television but no 4k player yet. I even have a few 4k Blu-rays but the cost of a player is still stupidly expensive. Rolling one into the PS5 is a good money saver.

Now that Sony has submitted itself to Disney, I feel like I can buy this product again.

I am a card carrying member of Disney tho, if PS5 is to succeed, don't cross the mouse or her loyal army.

I'm hoping for a new Ratche & Clank on ps5 launch

That would be enough for me to get a ps5 on day 1 for me. Ratchet and clank is my second favorite video game franchise behind only Zelda and we only got 1 on ps4. There where rumors about getting a second game on ps4 but that is not looking likely. So I could see them doing one for ps5 at launch. I loved Spiderman and cant wait for its sequel but it would be nice to get another ratchet game before the Spiderman sequel. I think it could happen to. Insominac has enough people that they have like 2 teams. The last ratchet game before Spiderman came out was in 2016 and early part of 2016 so by the time ps5 comes out it will have been about 3.5 years. With that amount of time I could see them having a new ratchet game at launch and then Spiderman sequel in late 2021 around 3 years after the first one.

Definitely getting the PS5 and this will save me money in the long run since I haven't yet switched to a UHD player and TV. Love how it's going to be able to play 4K movies.

Yeah I am glade it will be able to play 4k movies. I already have a UHD player but now I can maybe trade it in and save a little bit of money or at least use the ps5 to play 4K movies and save a little bit of space with having one less thing plugged in. I have a lot of things plugged into my tv already.

They already confirmed it would be compatiable.

I am wondering if it will have a disc player? Once my ps4 is gone there’ll be nothing in the house for watching movies from the library

Yes it can play 4k bluray something pro should have been able to do instead of just normal bluray.

They also confirmed it will have a disc player. It is impractiably stupid to release a console without one at this point in time. At least in the U.S. where there are data caps and broadband speeds are not always up to par.

I know Microsoft released a disc drive-less console but it is a trimmed down version of an existing one with a drive.

So about Ratchet and clank I think there is a good chances at seeing ratchet and clank shown either at ps5 reveal event or at e3 2020 for day 1 on ps5. Insomniac has there VR game Stormland comming out in November and they have not announced what there next game is yet and I think its to early for a Spiderman sequel to be shown and its been 3+ years sense ratchet and clanks last game.

Someone reminded me of jak and darter the other day. That would make a fun comeback

I'm gonna start saving for this in January 2020, as I still have many bills to pay for the rest of 2019. I have never bought a console during its launch month/year, so its exciting for me to experience buying a new PlayStation in its launch year.

I hope the console looks cool. Like I want the console/controller to look a bit shiny and futuristic. I wonder if they are gonna keep the look of the ps4 controller.

Yeah it might be nice to have something more aesthetic than the ps4. Plus it’s a good idea to start saving because I have a feeling it might be pricey.

oh well, I suppose I don’t need to run out and get it. They always make past gen games for a while and often they sell out anyway. But it’s nice to be part of the hype

$499 is the max I'd be willing to accept for a next-gen console. and that price better be for the more powerful "pro" version of the console, if they are going for the 2-tier approach.

I'm also counting on the retailers to offer good trade-in deals for the Pro and X1X. If they offer at least $250-$300 each to go towards a next gen console, then I can trade both of my consoles in towards either the PS5 or next Xbox.

Any truth to the rumor of this being able to play any Playstation game ever? I still have some of my old PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. Would be wicked cool to go back and play some of them.

No idea. I wonder when we’ll see the new controller? I wouldn’t mind if they got rid of that light feature because I really haven’t seen the benefit of it except sometimes finding it in the dark

The light bar and touchpad were 2 rather largely underutilized features on the controller. If they can't find a way to actually use them on the DS5, then they should scrap them.

as for BC with all gens of PS games, that would indeed be a big deal. I'm doubtful they will actually do it, but would be pleased if they do.

Any truth to the rumor of this being able to play any Playstation game ever? I still have some of my old PS1, PS2 and PS3 games. Would be wicked cool to go back and play some of them.
That would be a killer feature. I really hope this is part of the plan long term, for future machines too.

The light bar and touchpad were 2 rather largely underutilized features on the controller. If they can't find a way to actually use them on the DS5, then they should scrap them.

as for BC with all gens of PS games, that would indeed be a big deal. I'm doubtful they will actually do it, but would be pleased if they do.
The light bar looks cool but not a lot of games changes the color of the light bar. And I rarely notice when it changes color because I'm looking at the tv screen.

I like the feel of pushing the touch pad, especially when I want to look at the map, but I don't think I've played a game where it really acts like a touch pad. And its completely useless when Imtyping, its not as easy to use as the touch pad of a laptop.

Though, the share button is the most useless button for me. I don't use it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"