Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Yeah. Do you reckon they should move to something like the switch where you can detach it and hold it in each hand?

Yeah. Do you reckon they should move to something like the switch where you can detach it and hold it in each hand?
Detach what? The light bar?

The controller is fine as it is. I don't think I want a controller similar to the Switch's controllers. There are just features/buttons in Ps3's that I rarely notice/use.

As in you can break it in half and hold it in each hand. I kind of like that freedom.

I read an article somewhere that said people are finding the ps5 easier to develop for than the ps4. That’s great, we might get some new indies which I think is the way of the future to get brand new franchises

I'd rather they stay away from any kind of "gimmick" controller design.

Anyway, it would be nice if the ps5 had more apps. It’s probably different worldwide but I definitely feel like my Apple TV has more choices than the PlayStation.

and I would love that load up look to be redesigned. Something with a bit more flash would be nice

An interface change would be great. I prefer a more minimalistic look as I feel like there's too many buttons at the top menu that I rarely press. And more free themes and customizations for the menu interface.

As in you can break it in half and hold it in each hand. I kind of like that freedom.

I read an article somewhere that said people are finding the ps5 easier to develop for than the ps4. That’s great, we might get some new indies which I think is the way of the future to get brand new franchises
The controller is fine as it is.Though I wouldn't mind some movement while using it. Like shaking the controller to keep the flashlight on in The Last of Us. And more games should give the touch pad something else to do other than for pausing and map access.

Anyway, it would be nice if the ps5 had more apps. It’s probably different worldwide but I definitely feel like my Apple TV has more choices than the PlayStation.

and I would love that load up look to be redesigned. Something with a bit more flash would be nice
I agree. even something basic like a CD player app needs to be put back in the PS5. pretty much any blu-ray/dvd player also functions as a CD player, so there is no real reason to exclude that from the PS5.

also, there is no excuse to NOT include a dedicated Media Player app at launch. it was head-scratching that both the PS4 and X1 lacked that at launch.

More apps is always better, especially when your competitors offer them.

I do like the overall simplicity of the PS4 interface, and I appreciate that it has largely remained unchanged over the course of 6 years. Compare that to all the iterations the X1 dashboard has been through (and still going through).

with that being said, the interface could use a bit more "flare." as long as they keep the UI simple and easy to navigate. I quite liked the PS3 UI, so I wouldn't mind if they went back to something like that.

An interface change would be great. I prefer a more minimalistic look as I feel like there's too many buttons at the top menu that I rarely press. And more free themes and customizations for the menu interface.

The controller is fine as it is.Though I wouldn't mind some movement while using it. Like shaking the controller to keep the flashlight on in The Last of Us. And more games should give the touch pad something else to do other than for pausing and map access.

speaking of the touchpad, it would be 100 times more useful to me if more PS4 fighting games actually let you map buttons or button combos to the touchpad.

I agree. even something basic like a CD player app needs to be put back in the PS5. pretty much any blu-ray/dvd player also functions as a CD player, so there is no real reason to exclude that from the PS5.

also, there is no excuse to NOT include a dedicated Media Player app at launch. it was head-scratching that both the PS4 and X1 lacked that at launch.

More apps is always better, especially when your competitors offer them.

I do like the overall simplicity of the PS4 interface, and I appreciate that it has largely remained unchanged over the course of 6 years. Compare that to all the iterations the X1 dashboard has been through (and still going through).

with that being said, the interface could use a bit more "flare." as long as they keep the UI simple and easy to navigate. I quite liked the PS3 UI, so I wouldn't mind if they went back to something like that.
I was a bit disappointed when I found out ps4 couldn't play cds, as I don't have a cd player. I hope they allow ps5 to read cds. But I don't expect them to do that.

Yeah I still occasionally get movies from the library and if the ps5 doesn’t have a CD drive I won’t be able to watch them. Not everything is available to stream after all

Yeah I still occasionally get movies from the library and if the ps5 doesn’t have a CD drive I won’t be able to watch them. Not everything is available to stream after all
well, we know the PS5 will be able to play movies on DVDs. it's already been confirmed that it will still play physical discs and recently it was confirmed to be a 4K player as well.

so movies on disc should be no problem.

I was a bit disappointed when I found out ps4 couldn't play cds, as I don't have a cd player. I hope they allow ps5 to read cds. But I don't expect them to do that.
it's such an odd choice to exclude it. yeah, I get that not as many people use cds anymore, but why then do pretty much every stand-alone bluray/4K player play music cds? even Sony's own bluray/4K players play music cds.

The PS4 plays blurays discs. and the PS5 will be a 4K player. so it already has the disc drive tech inside. is it that hard to enable music cd playback?

I would take full disc BC with PS1, PS2, and PS3 games over the ability to play music cds, though.

I already have a stand-alone Sony 4K player that can play music cds and other media. It would be nice to have a Sony gaming console where I could play any gen of PS games. I'd love to be able to play the PS1 Final Fantasy games.

I like the idea of seeing a charge bar on the controller. It would be nice if they made the joysticks a bit more durable. Mind are disintegrating a bit haha

So they're saying I can play Black Ops and Black Ops 2 on this.

I would take full disc BC with PS1, PS2, and PS3 games over the ability to play music cds, though.

I already have a stand-alone Sony 4K player that can play music cds and other media. It would be nice to have a Sony gaming console where I could play any gen of PS games. I'd love to be able to play the PS1 Final Fantasy games.
I would be surprised if its going to be bc with ps1/2/3. I feel that would have been announced along with the ps4 games being compatible with ps5,if thats the case.

Great news, that it is ps4 games compatible... my ps4 library is at least safe before ps6 (2027?) takes over, though the technology by that time should be way more advance that it would be probably compatible with ps4 games as well.

Anyway, I can't wait and I hope the interface would look really good. I'm clueless about the controller with the way they describe it. It sounds like the controller would have a makeover and more interactivity and I'm just guessing either new buttons or something unseen from ps4's controller that isn't a traditional button or joystick. I just hope this thing doesn't cost too much that I wait for it til 2021 or 2022. I have a feeling the starting cost is gonna be $500 dollars and I just wouldn't buy it so early especially if there aren't so many ps5 games that would appeal to me during its 1st six months.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if its going to be bc with ps1/2/3. I feel that would have been announced along with the ps4 games being compatible with ps5,if thats the case.

Great news, that it is ps4 games compatible... my ps4 library is at least safe before ps6 (2027?) takes over, though the technology by that time should be way more advance that it would be probably compatible with ps4 games as well.

Anyway, I can't wait and I hope the interface would look really good. I'm clueless about the controller with the way they describe it. It sounds like the controller would have a makeover and more interactivity and I'm just guessing either new buttons or something unseen from ps4's controller that isn't a traditional button or joystick. I just hope this thing doesn't cost too much that I wait for it til 2021 or 2022. I have a feeling the starting cost is gonna be $500 dollars and I just wouldn't buy it so early especially if there aren't so many ps5 games that would appeal to me during its 1st six months.
yeah, I'll be pleasantly surprised if PS5 gets full BC with all prior PS gens.

being BC with PS4 is great, cuz I can at least trade in my PS4 towards the PS5 while keeping my library of PS4 games.

and I think $500 will be max price for either next gen console.

yeah, I'll be pleasantly surprised if PS5 gets full BC with all prior PS gens.

being BC with PS4 is great, cuz I can at least trade in my PS4 towards the PS5 while keeping my library of PS4 games.

and I think $500 will be max price for either next gen console.
The thing I hope with ps1/ps2/ps3 games. .. as someone who has yet to sign up for PsNow because of (other than I'm hella thrifty and I prefer a physical disc when I buy a game) I can only really play 1 to 2 games a month unless I'm binge playing a videogame franchise (which is easier to adjust going from game to game), is that there would be more remasters or remakes to older games. Capcom does it all the time and I just wish a studio like Rockstar would release GTA 3/4/San Andreas/Vice City/Stories/RDR1 in ps4 physical format. I'd like to play X-Men Legends 1/2 again but I can't, as I feel like my ps2 is already not functioning as its been stored somewhere and is probably full of dust inside. Then my other childhood games, I could only watch them online. I'd like to see all ps titles come to ps5.

As for the starting price, I'm already saving money for it. the game bundle for it probably only comes with 1 free game and I hope there's an Assassin's Creed game bundle, thats what I plan to get.

Last edited:
Rumor that ps5 will be able to play ps1-ps4 games. Could we get that annoucment at playstation awards tonight?

That would be amazing! That’s one of the most important things they could announce.

I have high expectations for the PS5, I am really looking forward to all the features they are implementing!

I wonder when we will get the official first look? are there any events coming up?

I have high expectations for the PS5, I am really looking forward to all the features they are implementing!

yes so far I see no reason to jump to a different console family. Of course it’s all about the games. Can’t wait til we hear more there

I'm interested in the look and design. hope it doesn't look anywhere near that V-shaped dev kit that got leaked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"