Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Is Hitman Go, the Hitman reboot?

Good thing the missions of those are included in Hitman 2. Gosh this stuff is messy. Imagine inserting a ps4 disc on ps5 and it doesn't work.
It looks Hitman Go is a different game from.the one I own. Yas!

So all my sixty plus ps4 games are saved!!!! Double yas!

I'm pleasantly surprised that only a handful of PS4 titles won't be playable. And none of those affect me.....haha. Guess it must be down to licensing issues or something.

Here's more info on the PS4 BC.

PS4 games on PS5: Your top questions answered

I'm glad Sony finally cleared this up (took them long enough!). And I'm glad BC titles won't have to be added on a "case-by-case" basis, like the 360/OG Xbox titles on the X1. I was a bit concerned that some of the more niche JDev titles wouldn't be immediately BC.

With all of this now cleared up, I have more confidence that I can sell/trade in my PS4 in the near future. I will just hold onto it long enough to make sure that all my saves and games transfer over properly to the PS5.

Last edited:
I'm pleasantly surprised that only a handful of PS4 titles won't be playable. And none of those affect me.....haha. Guess it must be down to licensing issues or something.
I looked up those ten games and some of them don't even have a Wikipedia page. Its probably lack of support from the developer.

And yes be sure, to test all your ps4 games and move your saves. I only have 60+ games and I don't think I wouldtry to install them all in the ps5. I'm too lazy for that but there are at least ten games that I already have, I would install in the ps5 just to see the difference.

Just preordered my first two PS5 title

Assasins Creed Valhalla & Raiza no Aterie 2

It is funny since I havent yet got the console (Yodobashi Camera, my retail shop says that I might get it around December) but I already ordered the game software first, haha. Guess I just don't want miss the hype, haha.

I will buy both Far Cry 6 and Spider-Man Miles Morales as soon as I got the machine console.

Well, I'm getting ready for next-gen.

Got all my PS4 games moved to an external hdd. Hopefully it will be as simple as just plugging my external drive into the PS5 and having everything ready to go.

Hard to believe it's less than a month away!

There's a possibility that i will buy this neXt month even though I'm already getting two 60 dollars game neXt month. Damn, I might be busy neXt month just playing games.

I already miss the ui of ps4. I don't think I like it. It looks like an ui for a handheld console.

I'm hoping Folders come back and/or a better way to organize your games. Such as the ability to "pin" games, apps, and folders to a set position instead of how it all just moved around based on recent activity on the PS4.

Also curious as to how they will handle the PS4 themes and if custom wallpapers will return.

I just remember that the PS4 ( and X1) UIs lacked basic features at launch that were present in the prior gen.

I'm hoping Folders come back and/or a better way to organize your games. Such as the ability to "pin" games, apps, and folders to a set position instead of how it all just moved around based on recent activity on the PS4.

Also curious as to how they will handle the PS4 themes and if custom wallpapers will return.

I just remember that the PS4 ( and X1) UIs lacked basic features at launch that were present in the prior gen.
I think thats my problem with the ui. Its not clear if you can even pick a theme as it doesn't look that there's an applied/chosen theme at all. As the main bg of the item the user (from the demo) currently selected takes up the entire screen.

I think thats my problem with the ui. Its not clear if you can even pick a theme as it doesn't look that there's an applied/chosen theme at all. As the main bg of the item the user (from the demo) currently selected takes up the entire screen.
well, this was just a first look. They said they have more to show in the coming weeks.

I am withholding final judgement until I see more.

They said minor though. The background/wallpaper (from that video) takes up the entire screen unless we could somehow adjust it. Or that look isn't final and its somewhat similar to the ps4.

I wonder if we can pin a YouTube video while playing a game on the PS5 that’d be pretty interesting

Now that the redesigned webstore has removed the ability to purchase avatars and themes, I'm hoping that is a sign of a revamped avatar/theme system for PS5 that will allow us to use custom images as avatars and themes.

Technically, we can use custom images as our static theme or wallpaper on the PS4. But there's no way to use a custom image as your profile's avatar. You can easily do this on Xbox. It's time for PS to allow this feature.

Especially now that we have no way of easily buying new avatars or themes through the webstore. So, if we can't use our own custom images, and if we are limited to what we had already purchased in the past, that is going to get boring (and inconvenient) very fast.

Yeah its weird that you can't use custom images as your profile pic. I'm guessing they want to monitor / censor profile pics and to look a bit samey and not too different, instead of letting people to use a picture of the Spice Girls as a psn profile pic/avatar.

I definitely want more free themes. I couldn't redeem my Re2/Death Stranding theme because of the region thing so that was kinda annoying.

Platestation 5 | Custom Has No Limits | Buy Custom PS5 Faceplates

Redleft_1716x1512.png

BlueFront_1716x1512.png

Blackright_1716x1512.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back