Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

No way. It is annoying when it happens. I kinda feel like a second class citizen, especially Japan isn't even far from my country in South East Asia, yet Singapore in Nov 19 is getting the console and already has a 2nd wave of pre orders. While when it comes to the newest iPhones, we get it the same day as America,if not 1 day early. They should have announced from the getgo that we arent getting it on Nov 19 to save us from disappointment/frustration. I was already planning to play AC Valhalla on ps5 and I already have the money to buy the console.

No way. It is annoying when it happens. I kinda feel like a second class citizen, especially Japan isn't even far from my country in South East Asia, yet Singapore in Nov 19 is getting the console and already has a 2nd wave of pre orders. While when it comes to the newest iPhones, we get it the same day as America,if not 1 day early. They should have announced from the getgo that we arent getting it on Nov 19 to save us from disappointment/frustration. I was already planning to play AC Valhalla on ps5 and I already have the money to buy the console.
wait a sec, I thought you already secured a preorder though? are they saying that the current preorders won't be delivered until next year?

I'll find a place to put that thing. I'm not sure where just yet but maybe I'll just have two entertainment centers. One for the PS5, one for everything else.

I predict the large size and the preferred vertical orientations of both the PS5 and Series X will prove a challenge for a lot of consumers to fit into their media spaces. Especially if you intend to get both consoles at some point.

I've managed to rearrange and clear out a space for the PS5 to stand next to my tv. Although that required buying an additional shelf for extra storage for other things like my Switch. And even if I wanted to get both the PS5 and Series X, I simply would not be able to fit both into my current media setup. Which is why I'd prefer to only get one next-gen console, if nothing else due to limited space.

When I setup a dedicated gaming/media room next year, I should have much more space to work with. And when I buy a new media stand, I will make sure it has room for additional consoles, including vertical ones like the Series X.

Still, though, ideally I'd like to stick with just one next-gen console. Since I was successful in preordering the PS5 (and so far so good) but was not successful in preordering the Series X, it looks like the PS5 it is then.

Just a few more weeks!!

wait a sec, I thought you already secured a preorder though? are they saying that the current preorders won't be delivered until next year?
There is no pre order yet from where I live and I don't pre order. But my retail store was already marketing it in their social media and doing surveys if I would be interested in buying. I was under the assumption that people here don't need to pre oder to secure a ps5 and just buy it straight from retail stores just like the newest games/iPhones, as people here don't reallyflock to buy the latest gadgets and there's always a stock.

Edit: It wasn't a survey, but a sign up for a ps5 newsletter. That being said, if pre ordering is a must for the ps5 (well here) I would have done that to secure one. But even if I wanted, there were no pre orders to begin with. I hate that isn't clear now, especially they made it clear that the rest of the world eXcept China would get it in November 19. Like in the posters it said "Holiday 2020" but that is no longer in the ps5 webpage. The only things that aren't delayed (here from Sony) are ps4 Miles Morales/ps4 Sackboy.

Last edited:
I predict the large size and the preferred vertical orientations of both the PS5 and Series X will prove a challenge for a lot of consumers to fit into their media spaces. Especially if you intend to get both consoles at some point.

I've managed to rearrange and clear out a space for the PS5 to stand next to my tv. Although that required buying an additional shelf for extra storage for other things like my Switch. And even if I wanted to get both the PS5 and Series X, I simply would not be able to fit both into my current media setup. Which is why I'd prefer to only get one next-gen console, if nothing else due to limited space.

When I setup a dedicated gaming/media room next year, I should have much more space to work with. And when I buy a new media stand, I will make sure it has room for additional consoles, including vertical ones like the Series X.

Still, though, ideally I'd like to stick with just one next-gen console. Since I was successful in preordering the PS5 (and so far so good) but was not successful in preordering the Series X, it looks like the PS5 it is then.

Just a few more weeks!!
the Ps5 AD looks good vertical because it's perfectly symmetrical, but in my opinion the regular Ps5 looks better horizontally because of the disc drive. It just looks more even on its side so that's how I'm gonna have it.
There is no pre order yet from where I live and I don't pre order. But my retail store was already marketing it in their social media and doing surveys if I would be interested in buying. I was under the assumption that people here don't need to pre oder to secure a ps5 and just buy it straight from retail stores just like the newest games/iPhones, as people here don't reallyflock to buy the latest gadgets and there's always a stock.

Edit: It wasn't a survey, but a sign up for a ps5 newsletter. That being said, if pre ordering is a must for the ps5 (well here) I would have done that to secure one. But even if I wanted, there were no pre orders to begin with. I hate that isn't clear now, especially they made it clear that the rest of the world eXcept China would get it in November 19. Like in the posters it said "Holiday 2020" but that is no longer in the ps5 webpage. The only things that aren't delayed (here from Sony) are ps4 Miles Morales/ps4 Sackboy.
ah. I'm sorry to hear that man. you might just have to wait I guess which really sucks. The only other thing I can suggest is going on ebay if you really want it, but the prices there are at least double because of the scalpers.

the Ps5 AD looks good vertical because it's perfectly symmetrical, but in my opinion the regular Ps5 looks better horizontally because of the disc drive. It just looks more even on its side so that's how I'm gonna have it.

ah. I'm sorry to hear that man. you might just have to wait I guess which really sucks. The only other thing I can suggest is going on ebay if you really want it, but the prices there are at least double because of the scalpers.
Yeah I'm just going to wait til neXt year. But by then I probably already finished Valhalla and Watch Dogs, so I won't get to fully take advantage of the free ps5 upgrade of those games.

And still nary a preorder to be found... anywhere I look. Hopefull within the next 3 weeks they will actually be findable.

The availability of this is annoying. It could be Covid-related but seriously, if Sony is so eager to not delay this (especially in certain parts of the world), they should have made sure it wouldn't so hard to pre-order/buy this. Unless you were fast to secure a pre order (though I read that some stores in America already canceled some pre orders and in Norway, it is very limited) or you're part of the press that will review this (well they already sent out their ps5 to the media for free if I'm not mistaken) then you don't have to mind waiting.

It really feels like a hassle to get this thing and it really takes out the fun of buying a new console, I'm really hating Sony right now and people especially in my region are now supposed to wait til 2021. I never bought a new console at launch but I'm doing it now despite the $500+ price tag (it will be more eXpensive here) and I have two full priced games in November that will take advantage of the ps5 upgrade and also dozens of old games that might get better graphics due to ray tracing/60 fps of the ps5. Its incredibly frustrating while PlayStation Asia keeps updating their feed with promo materials without a clear date. How am I supposed to be eXcited when the thing you are marketing every day is so hard to buy.

Last edited:
The availability of this is annoying. It could be Covid-related but seriously, if Sony is so eager to not delay this (especially in certain parts of the world), they should have made sure it wouldn't so hard to pre-order/buy this. Unless you were fast to secure a pre order (though I read that some stores in America already canceled some pre orders and in Norway, it is very limited) or you're part of the press that will review this (well they already sent out their ps5 to the media for free if I'm not mistaken) then you don't have to mind waiting.

It really feels like a hassle to get this thing and it really takes out the fun of buying a new console, I'm really hating Sony right now and people especially in my region are now supposed to wait til 2021. I never bought a new console at launch but I'm doing it now despite the $500+ price tag (it will be more eXpensive here) and I have two full priced games in November that will take advantage of the ps5 upgrade and also dozens of old games that might get better graphics due to ray tracing/60 fps of the ps5. Its incredibly frustrating while PlayStation Asia keeps updating their feed with promo materials without a clear date. How am I supposed to be eXcited when the thing you are marketing every day is so hard to buy.
I think in the regions that are delayed are just for coronavirus.

Yeah, this whole preorder mess (for both consoles) has sucked and has dampened my enthusiasm for next-gen somewhat. And I can only imagine for your situation and region, having to wait even longer, with no definite release date, is even harder. :(

On the plus side, I guess that gives you more time to save up! haha.

But just try to stay positive and in time you will get your PS5.

Last edited:

For a genre I'm not particularly interested in, and for a game I wasn't particularly interested in, I must say that this game has probably done the best job (other than that UE 5 tech demo) of selling me on next-gen and on the PS5 in particular!

If a game like this looks this good now, at launch, I can only imagine what games like the next Dragon Age will look like a few years from now!!

And for all of the talk of the Series X having the "power advantage," nothing shown on the Series X so far (and very little has been shown on the Series X) looks as impressive as Demon's Souls.

so.......yeah. I know I'm going to totally suck at this game. But I want to play it for the visuals alone.

Yeah, this whole preorder mess (for both consoles) has sucked and has dampened my enthusiasm for next-gen somewhat. And I can only imagine for your situation and region, having to wait even longer, with no definite release date, is even harder. :(

On the plus side, I guess that gives you more time to save up! haha.

But just try to stay positive and in time you will get your PS5.
I thought I would still save up til neXt year, but luckily this October, my business transaction turned out to be successful so I don't need to save up anymore. I'm buying Legion this weekend, Valhalla later this month and this is the first time I'm buying full priced games since the ps2 days and November is really the perfect time to get a ps5 this early for me especially I'm going to think about home renovation in early 2021 which is a lot more work. So I was really hoping to remove a buying a ps5 from my must do list asap. neXt year, I am going to think more about home renovation and moving things out to a different place and the constant back and forth in two places. And I just don't know if I could play games that much around that time and who knows if I'm still hyped up for getting a ps5 by then.

I thought I would still save up til neXt year, but luckily this October, my business transaction turned out to be successful so I don't need to save up anymore. I'm buying Legion this weekend, Valhalla later this month and this is the first time I'm buying full priced games since the ps2 days and November is really the perfect time to get a ps5 this early for me especially I'm going to think about home renovation in early 2021 which is a lot more work. So I was really hoping to remove a buying a ps5 from my must do list asap. neXt year, I am going to think more about home renovation and moving things out to a different place and the constant back and forth in two places. And I just don't know if I could play games that much around that time and who knows if I'm still hyped up for getting a ps5 by then.
Yeah, I understand. You want to be able to play and enjoy your new console when the launch excitement is at its peak and when you have the time to actually play.

I don't know if the PS5 is region free. So I wasn't sure if it would be possible for you to order a PS5 from a different region that has it and ship it to your region. Though, that may prove to be costlier.

I hope the wait for the PS5 won't be too long in your region, and hopefully you will have time to play (and be excited) for it then. I would just set aside the money you were going to spend on the PS5 this year and save that for the console next year so you don't spend it on anything else. ;)

Things will all work out in the end!

Yeah, I understand. You want to be able to play and enjoy your new console when the launch excitement is at its peak and when you have the time to actually play.

I don't know if the PS5 is region free. So I wasn't sure if it would be possible for you to order a PS5 from a different region that has it and ship it to your region. Though, that may prove to be costlier.

I hope the wait for the PS5 won't be too long in your region, and hopefully you will have time to play (and be excited) for it then. I would just set aside the money you were going to spend on the PS5 this year and save that for the console next year so you don't spend it on anything else. ;)

Things will all work out in the end!
I'm not gonna try to order from another region or even Singapore. My ps4 was eXported from the states because I know someone there and he sent it to me across the continents. i can't redeem codes in my ps4 sometimes because dlcs are region locked. While I wouldn't have that problem with eXporting from Singapore, it would be more eXpensive just for the shipping, i would search for a seller (if thats possible) and i would still wait. And I really want to pick it up straight from a retail store. I don't even remember the time I unboxed the ps4 since it was delivered in my house and I wasn't even hyped at the time.

And thanks, hopefully the ps5 will still come out in a right time.

I watched the unboXing videos from ign and I was pretty hyped even if I know its not coming out here in November.

I'm not gonna try to order from another region or even Singapore. My ps4 was eXported from the states because I know someone there and he sent it to me across the continents. i can't redeem codes in my ps4 sometimes because dlcs are region locked. While I wouldn't have that problem with eXporting from Singapore, it would be more eXpensive just for the shipping, i would search for a seller (if thats possible) and i would still wait. And I really want to pick it up straight from a retail store. I don't even remember the time I unboxed the ps4 since it was delivered in my house and I wasn't even hyped at the time.

And thanks, hopefully the ps5 will still come out in a right time.

I watched the unboXing videos from ign and I was pretty hyped even if I know its not coming out here in November.
Yeah, importing sounds like a hassle.

I put $150 on the console and $5 down on Miles Morales Ultimate edition back in september. I think I'm gonna pay the rest off on tuesday!

Last edited:
PS5-Incompatible PS4 Games
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
  • Risk
  • Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Werewolves Within
  • Space Junkies
  • DWVR
  • Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma - Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen
  • Joe's Diner
From gamespot.

Sorry to hear that, psylockolossus :(
I don't know why Singapore has the luxury but not other SouthEast Asians? I have a friend in Indonesia who also complain the same thing.

I am really sorry and sympathize for you and all other gamers in all regions that have to wait until next year. But rest assured, you will be able to get it when the time comes and I believe it will be worth the wait. :)

By the way, where are you living, if you dont mind me ask? Hehe. If you live near Japan then we are neighbour. (Nice to have fellow Asian here). Hehe

PS5-Incompatible PS4 Games
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
  • Risk
  • Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Werewolves Within
  • Space Junkies
  • DWVR
  • Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma - Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen
  • Joe's Diner
From gamespot.
Does it say what the reason is for these not being BC?

Does it say what the reason is for these not being BC?
Ubisoft removed that list, so right now its unclear if they are really incompatible or not. It just seems weird how 1 major studio (that released ps4 games) could have so many incompatible games to the ps5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"