Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Ubisoft removed that list, so right now its unclear if they are really incompatible or not. It just seems weird how 1 major studio (that released ps4 games) could have so many incompatible games to the ps5.
Yeah, either it’s wrong or it’s just strange.

Got my camera on Friday. Its cool that it has a way to like attached to your tv will make it easier to get the camera in a good spot for streaming. Also got my second pro controller on Friday to. The controller is a lot more heavy than a ps4 controller or switch pro controller and the trigger buttons are like a little bit bigger than the ps4 controller to. The texture is different just fells different not like has smooth. That is about all I can say un till we get the console in a week and a half and get to play games. I heard we might be getting some kind of surprise news tomorrow not sure if that is true or not. Wonder if we might get more news about some bc patches for games or more about the OS or maybe some news about ratchet and clank and its release date or something if that is true about news tomorrow. I also heard there is a embargo for like spiderman mm of November 6th to start to get reviews or something. We are finally almost there this is the last full week with no ps5!

paid off my PS5 and Miles Morales Ultimate Edition at Gamestop yesterday. almost a week to go!

giphy.gif

So this new controller works with the PS3 and a damn Nintendo console, but not the PS4? That seems like the sort of glitch that Sony should have solved before now.

I love that you used an “Oblivion” GIF. Haha

Honestly, when Sony revealed the design of the Playstation 5, the style of “Oblivion” was the first thing that came to mind. I love the aesthetics in that film...so I naturally gravitated to enjoying the design of Sony’s next console.

I can’t believe we’re eight days away, everyone. I’m going to pay off my preorder/everything today probably. I still wish I hadn’t waited to get the 3D Pulse headphones. I didn’t expect accessories to sellout. They rarely ever do.

giphy.gif

So this new controller works with the PS3 and a damn Nintendo console, but not the PS4? That seems like the sort of glitch that Sony should have solved before now.
The Switch compatibility is more a testament to the versatility of the 8BitDo adapter than anything else. The PS3 compatibility is definitely an eyebrow raiser though, I'm honestly thinking that they actively programmed it to not work with the PS4.

The major caveat here is it was in an enclosed box and probably not given enough air to circulate properly like it would in a living room, assuming you do not cram it into a tiny space and give it no air flow.

Yeah you need the air to flow/circulate, so its probably not a good idea to put it in an enclosed space when it's running.

Anyway I thought my ps4 was broken or the hdmi the other day. Luckily the Sony Service Center is just 1 street away from my place and it isn't. So I have to get a new TV (I'm buying a Sony tv just incase it suddenly stops functioning) neXt week in order to watch/play eXpecially the new Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed. And my eXcitement for the ps5 has definitely waned now that I'm hearing you can't even get the ps5 in retail stores in Western countries without ordering it online and lack of availability here in Southeast Asia. I know we still have the pandemic but yeesh, they announced this ps5 one year in advance and they could have secured so many copies in the first ten months of 2020 in time for November but nope. Its discouraging. So getting a new tv which wasn't in my plan until this week and the uncertainty of getting of a new ps5 has really drained my eXcitement. Like I'm more interested about the reviews especially the new games/sales rather buying the console now

I still hope I get the console early 2021 but eh I'm not as excited anymore compare to when this was revealed.

Last edited:
so I watched the video of how to transfer your data over to the PS5, and I know you can do it by wifi, but i noticed they said that if you have a disc you can just install the game. Does that mean if you have the disc, it'll carry the save over?

so I watched the video of how to transfer your data over to the PS5, and I know you can do it by wifi, but i noticed they said that if you have a disc you can just install the game. Does that mean if you have the disc, it'll carry the save over?
No. Save data isn't stored on the game disc, as far as I know.

I think what they meant by that was you can install your PS4 games onto your PS5 by simply inserting the disc.

Save data will still need to be transferred over separately, either through wifi/ethernet, PS+ cloud, or through USB stick. I will be doing the latter to transfer my saves over.

Yeah, discs do not save data, moving the data over will require transferring via a harddrive or upload.

No. Save data isn't stored on the game disc, as far as I know.

I think what they meant by that was you can install your PS4 games onto your PS5 by simply inserting the disc.

Save data will still need to be transferred over separately, either through wifi/ethernet, PS+ cloud, or through USB stick. I will be doing the latter to transfer my saves over.

Yeah, discs do not save data, moving the data over will require transferring via a harddrive or upload.
haha yeah I figured this. It's why I asked because I was like "huh?" Well it's good to know. I may do USB.

Ign just scored this as the same as ps5. Compare to last gen, in which ps4 got a higher score.

Ps4 8.2 iirc
Ps5/Series X 8.0
Xbox One 7.8 iirc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"