Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Mine is coming today. How does this storage glitch work? From my reading, it looks like this happened with someone using an external hard drive, correct?

Mine is coming today. How does this storage glitch work? From my reading, it looks like this happened with someone using an external hard drive, correct?

I heard one or two of the reviewers who got a review console put the system into rest mode while running Spider-Man remastered. Which didn’t make much sense to me why are you putting your system into rest mode while running a game or application? The only time I put my ps4 into rest mode is when no other games or applications are running. Usually if I want to do a download overnight or something.

I’m wondering if the “glitch” is due to these reviewers pushing the system to limits it has no reason to be pushed too just for their reviews? Like some of them are taking the system apart etc. obviously to do a full review. Who knows.

Last edited:
I heard one or two of the reviewers who got a review console put the system into rest mode while running Spider-Man remastered. Which didn’t make much sense to me why are you putting your system into rest mode while running a game or application? The only time I put my ps4 into rest mode is when no other games or applications are running. Usually if I want to do a download overnight or something.

I rarely used rest mode on my PS4. But I will make sure not to even do that on accident lol

My order from Target has said preparing for shipment since yesterday and was saying delivery between the 13th and 18th ugh. Looking like I might not get mine until next Wednesday.

Just picked up my PS5 along with Miles Ultimate and Demon's Souls!! Here's to a new generation of games!! :mrk::mrk:

Has anybody started playing this thing yet? How does that controller feel?

My order from Target has said preparing for shipment since yesterday and was saying delivery between the 13th and 18th ugh. Looking like I might not get mine until next Wednesday.

Mine said 13-18th until yesterday. Then last night when the tracking info updated with more info, it showed I was getting it today. Unusually fast shipping by Target here, so don't lose hope!

Mine said 13-18th until yesterday. Then last night when the tracking info updated with more info, it showed I was getting it today. Unusually fast shipping by Target here, so don't lose hope!

Kinda losing hope but let’s see maybe the same will happen to me that did you. Just weird because the money came out of my account and was pending on Monday. So I got excited that okay finally it’s gonna take the money and ship. And then the money went back in my account and then I get the preparing shipment. Fingers crossed.

Same old with Walmart.com. Had it in my cart and the site crashed while I was checking out. Sold out within 5 minutes. Here's to doing this three more times today. What's the phrase? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Maybe it is a good thing I did not get a launch console afterall...
A small percentage of units are going to be defective for any hardware release, it's probably nothing most people should worry about, and retailers and Sony will almost certainly have set some stock aside to account for this. It probably isn't a red ring of death level problem.

Last edited:
I know but the odds of new hardware having it are higher than something that has been out long enough to get a revision or two. Still would not object to getting one today if it were at all possible but the only way to get one is online and no one has any in stock anyways.

Might even be something they can fix/mitigate further with a software patch.

It does seem to be primarily connected to external drives and rest mode, I'd avoid using either of those until Sony says something about the issue just to be safe.

It does seem to be primarily connected to external drives and rest mode, I'd avoid using either of those until Sony says something about the issue just to be safe.
Hmmm.......yeah.

I was planning on using my external drive for my PS4 games. However, I was thinking of holding off until Sony released an update to let us store PS5 games on an external drive. In case we needed to reformat the external or something. Now, hearing about this bricking issue is giving me further pause.

Guess I'll just run stuff off of the internal drive for now. Just means I won't be able to store as many games (PS5 and PS4) or else it will fill up quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"