Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Lots of cool stuff yesterday. Got reviews for Spiderman mm it's at a solid 85 on metacritic. Sounds like it's a 8 hour story and like 18 to do everything. I do like games to be long but I am tired of people calling this dlc/expansion. 1 games don't have to be long to be good. 2 we where told it was going to be a shorter game. 3 it cost 50 or 20 less then what normal games cost this gen so it was priced like a smaller game. 4 goes back to 1 in that the game will be good this is insomniac after all. 5 getting Spider-Man on ps5 at launch I never thought would happen before we where told about this in june. 6 the game takes placed around Xmas by far my favorite holiday. 7. I bet spiderman 2 is already beeing worked on and they can take some of what they learn with this game on ps5 to make that game even better when we get it.

With the system we got reviews yesterday and digital foundry did a video on bc and found games to run much better. The game I want to see tested the most that they didn't test is the last guardian has the game I think is one of the most underrated games on ps4 but did have a lot of frame rate drops would love if it could run at a solid 30 fps with little to no drops now. We also got news that ps5 keeps track of hour many hours you have played a game kind of like switch and I love that feature. Oh one last thing I almost forgot is going back to the talk about Spiderman mm and it's game length I think how long doesn't bother me has much has a lot of people because with working, trying to find a new job it's rare that I have the time that I can sit down and play a game like 5 straight hours any more.

Heard today that the last guardian with ps5 backwards compatibility runs a lot more smooth. That will be the first game I will have to replay on ps5.

I'm once again going to attempt to get a PS5 online on Thursday. Walmart.com will be dropping them at 12, 3, 6, and 9 PM EST. Anyone heard anything about availability for Amazon, Best Buy.com, Target.com, etc. on Thursday?

I'm once again going to attempt to get a PS5 online on Thursday. Walmart.com will be dropping them at 12, 3, 6, and 9 PM EST. Anyone heard anything about availability for Amazon, Best Buy.com, Target.com, etc. on Thursday?
Good luck.

Guard your porches.

Idk about Target, but Amazon gives the customer the option of having the original packaging put in a non descript box to hide what it is. Some stuff I ship in original packaging only, but I wouldn't do that with a game console.

Why is Europe the last territory to get the PS5? PlayStation is the dominant brand in gaming in Europe while Xbox is dominant in the United States.

Surely they should have rewarded Europeans for brand loyalty by launching there first.

Why is Europe the last territory to get the PS5? PlayStation is the dominant brand in gaming in Europe while Xbox is dominant in the United States.

Surely they should have rewarded Europeans for brand loyalty by launching there first.
Hmmm? Switch and playstation 4 sold more copies than Xbox One in America iirc. Infact ps4's top market is the United States, Japan is 2nd. Xbox isn't dominant anywhere.

Last edited:

That just proves that it doesnt matter if Europe gets it early or not bc its the dominant and will sell regardless. Its more vital to capture North America which has typically been more fickle with its loyalty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"