• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Well, I bought the digital of The Last Of Us 2 for PS4 on Black Friday... I can’t play for more than 5 minutes without getting CE-34878-0 / the game crashing.

I’ve barely made it an hour in gameplay in over a week. I’ve never had this issue and all the while I can play Ghosts or THPS1/2 and not have the issue. AskPS gave me a few options (initialize, rebuild, etc.) and none of them worked.

I’ve had problems with my PS5 keep getting a error code CE-108262-9 when downloading call of duty any one else experienced this

Well, I bought the digital of The Last Of Us 2 for PS4 on Black Friday... I can’t play for more than 5 minutes without getting CE-34878-0 / the game crashing.

I’ve barely made it an hour in gameplay in over a week. I’ve never had this issue and all the while I can play Ghosts or THPS1/2 and not have the issue. AskPS gave me a few options (initialize, rebuild, etc.) and none of them worked.
Looks like you two got the same issues.

It’s weird I didn’t even have my external hard drive connected and I still got the same error on the PS5 Im thinking should I wait for to Sony to patch it up or if I should send it in to them.

It’s weird I didn’t even have my external hard drive connected and I still got the same error on the PS5 Im thinking should I wait for to Sony to patch it up or if I should send it in to them.

The first like week and a half or so I had not played any ps4 games or had a external hard drive. connected before I later did and also had not been using rest mode at all with all the talk about rest mode and external hard drives causing issues and I was still getting freezing/shut downs. I think I had like 5 in the first 7 days or so. I was in the same boat before the other day wondering if I should send it in or not was glade I was able to get a new system back on Sunday hoping I dont have issues now.

PS5 Crashing Issues Getting Out of Hand, Sony Needs to Address

Sounds like a nightmare. I don't use an eXternal hard drive but I'm waiting for more few months until Sony fiXes these problems (including the limited supplywhich really killed my eXcitement).

As for the new games video. It is still Spidey, Horizon, and I guess village (I still haven't played re7 bcos of the camera perspective). 3 games aren't a lot to get a ps5 in early 2020, especially considering the problems that Sony created. And I really don't think Ragnarök is coming out neXt year, the lack of footage is very telling and more games will be delayed come neXt year. I think I might even get Hitman 3 in ps4 and possibly Miles Morales if I really want to play newer games.

There was a new firmware released today and so far my PS5 hasn’t crashed or experienced any problems. I did find a solution yesterday which was just turning the internet connection off and turning the console off instead of rest mode

Anybody else had the issue I posted about or know anyone else that has? If so any solutions found yet? Seems they still haven’t addressed it or given a fix.

Anybody else had the issue I posted about or know anyone else that has? If so any solutions found yet? Seems they still haven’t addressed it or given a fix.

Same, I feel like I'm talking into a void about my issue.

You experiencing the same issue? Or a different one but just no response from them yet about fixing it?
Different one; CE-34878-0.

My TLOU2 can’t go more than 5 minutes without crashing. I have a PS4, and never have had that issue before or concurrently with Ghosts or Tony Hawk.

I’ve rebuilt, I’ve initialized, I’ve deleted/redownloaded, I’ve moved to an External... nothing has sold this issue. PlayStation has ignored me after I told them all of the above didn’t work.

Hell, I’d take a refund of the digital copy... just to buy and try a disc version.

Different one; CE-34878-0.

My TLOU2 can’t go more than 5 minutes without crashing. I have a PS4, and never have had that issue before or concurrently with Ghosts or Tony Hawk.

I’ve rebuilt, I’ve initialized, I’ve deleted/redownloaded, I’ve moved to an External... nothing has sold this issue. PlayStation has ignored me after I told them all of the above didn’t work.

Hell, I’d take a refund of the digital copy... just to buy and try a disc version.

Yeah I’ve contacted them 3 times about my issue. First time they sent me a link to their website for support. Which took me right back to the beginning of where I contacted them. The other two times I got in touch I got no response at all.

Sony really needs to work on their customer service so frustrating.my ps5 didn’t crash today since I wasn’t connected to the internet I’m going to connect tomorrow see what happens

This finally launched in my country today and it kinda hurts that I don't have it bcos of this "limited supply/pre order only for less than a minute".

Ugh.

Heads up!

Looks like Best Buy might be restocking Series X/S and PS5s tomorrow, 12/15/20, starting at 8AM CST. For online orders-store pickup, no walk-ins.

If anyone is still trying to get a new console, hope you'll get a chance this time.

Best Buy announces PS5, Xbox Series X restock for tomorrow
I don't know why retailers don't offer walk ins. Theres probably lesser chance that scalpers /the ones that operate bots to get this thing if they have to order it/buy it straight from a physical store. This is why I hate everything being online nowadays.

I don't know why retailers don't offer walk ins. Theres probably lesser chance that scalpers /the ones that operate bots to get this thing if they have to order it/buy it straight from a physical store. This is why I hate everything being online nowadays.

Sony has decided that the PS5 is to only be sold online due to the pandemic so there's not much retailers can do about that. They could do other things to lower the risk of scalping though, but since they are getting their consoles sold they probably don't care as much as I would wish.

Sony has decided that the PS5 is to only be sold online due to the pandemic so there's not much retailers can do about that. They could do other things to lower the risk of scalping though, but since they are getting their consoles sold they probably don't care as much as I would wish.
The consoles are being delivered straight to the retail stores like best buy, though for pick up. Its not like Sony is delivering it straight to the customer. So I can't see why people can't just line up and for the retailers to let the first 100 people in the counter to get it, rather pre ordering online. Either way, it would be sold out anyway due to the limited supply. I don't see why the pandemic is being used as an eXcuse here, its not like they are only manufacturing new stock due to successful pre orders.

Online only is only giving the scalpers a bigger chance to scoop these copies bcos they use bots.

A few months ago, I bought a new pc and that model only had 2 supply for that day and I got it without pre ordering and i just walked into the store. So I can't see why retail stores can't just display it at the store and whoever is in the store for that day theearliest gets it right away without pre ordering.

Also, during the Black friday sale, I saw an article, a guy successfully bought a ps5 by camping outside of the store. So he got the thing without pre ordering it, bcos if he already pre ordered then he wouldn't need to camp outside of the store just to secure a ps5.

Edit: I looked it up and GameStop had it on sale in store only.

Gamers Brought Mattresses to Camp Out for PS5 Black Friday Purchase

So see it can be done.

Last edited:
The consoles are being delivered straight to the retail stores like best buy, though for pick up. Its not like Sony is delivering it straight to the customer. So I can't see why people can't just line up and for the retailers to let the first 100 people in the counter to get it, rather pre ordering online. Either way, it would be sold out anyway due to the limited supply. I don't see why the pandemic is being used as an eXcuse here, its not like they are only manufacturing new stock due to successful pre orders.

Online only is only giving the scalpers a bigger chance to scoop these copies bcos they use bots.

A few months ago, I bought a new pc and that model only had 2 supply for that day and I got it without pre ordering and i just walked into the store. So I can't see why retail stores can't just display it at the store and whoever is in the store for that day theearliest gets it right away without pre ordering.

Also, during the Black friday sale, I saw an article, a guy successfully bought a ps5 by camping outside of the store. So he got the thing without pre ordering it, bcos if he already pre ordered then he wouldn't need to camp outside of the store just to secure a ps5.

So see it can be done.
From what I heard, it was a mess at Gamestop.

I think in general, and especially this year during the pandemic, most retailers are discouraging mass groups of people from visiting their stores all at once. If you had 100 people lining up or camping out in front of a store over night, that would be a nightmare to manage for social distancing. Same with them rushing into the store all at once when it opens.

Retailers want to limit and control the flow of customers. Online order for store or curbside pickup allows them to do that.

From what I heard, it was a mess at Gamestop.

I think in general, and especially this year during the pandemic, most retailers are discouraging mass groups of people from visiting their stores all at once. If you had 100 people lining up or camping out in front of a store over night, that would be a nightmare to manage for social distancing. Same with them rushing into the store all at once when it opens.

Retailers want to limit and control the flow of customers. Online order for store or curbside pickup allows them to do that.
To me, thats more like if people are disciplined enough to practice social distance. While I've been to many stores since this pandemic with a very strict policy regarding wearing masks, face shield, social distance markers, guards making sure people that people are following, few people inside the store, body temperature check up. While the employees of those stores have this plastic baracade, mask, shield, alcohol at the desk as well. Like the first time I bought a game after the lockdown here was over, i lined up outside for like 30 minutes.

I honestly would prefer if they are just being sold in physical stores, well at least 50% of the limited stock, insteading of racing in the internet to pre order it online only for it to be sold out in a minute, with scalpers/bots getting most of the stock instead of genuine buyers. My store has this policy that only1 copy per person though even them only accepted pre orders which were sold out in like 2 minutes.

So see it can be done.

Having people rush to a store to get one inevitably increases the risk of contagion since a lot of people will show up and they will be pretty stressed to get a good position, and we have no ways to completely remove the risks, just to lower them.. Hhaving people come to pick up units they've already bought will be more manageable and less stressful, although it's even better to have home delivery. It's just a responsible thing to do in these times.

I guess Sony's rules might just have been for the initial release, although here the stores just keep it online only just to be more safe.

Scalpers can be prevented in other ways that limit your amount of purchases but doesn't add to the current risks, especially in countries with proper digital ID's, but it requires the retailers to care about the issue. Since they can take actions to both do it safely and get real people their consoles that's what I think should be done. Since scalping is becoming a bigger thing in general I think it needs to be sorted for online sales once and for all.

There's a risk if people don't follow safety protocols. And i doubt pre ordering online only IS Sony's way to prevent a contagion. Like you said, they probably won't care as long as it sells. Some people will still have to go to the store to pick up the console or some will still meet the delivery person in their doorstep. Well everyday is literally a risk in these times but of course, we have safety protocols to prevent catching the virus and its just part of our everyday lives now. And this "online only" thing ultimately led to scalpers getting thousands of copies only to be sold twice its original price. Do the buyers even get a warranty from scalpers? Personally, I'd prefer to wait inline in the store than try again and again infront of my computer for 2 minutes. At least with that, I know I'm not competing with automated bots.

And retail stores could easily notify people going there that they only have 50 stocks for the entire day so only 50 people could line up or better make a separate line for ps5 buyers, so the other customers who aren't buying a ps5 won't need to join that long line. Thats literally what some stores are doing here when the product only have few stocks. Plus That line won't take the entire day (once the stores open in the morning) unless every customer take 10 to 30 minutes in the counter.

SPeaking of scalpers

UK Politicians Wish to Make Scalping and Automated Bots Illegal

Last edited:
PS5 scalpers are ‘threatening the long-term health’ of the console, report claims | VGC

a healthy ratio for a new console is around one game sold for each console bought.

But based on Japanese sales data from Famitsu, Sony sold around 213,000 PS5 consoles in the product’s first month of availability and just 63,000 physical games, meaning consumers have bought less than one packaged game for every three consoles purchased.

Another analyst told Bloomberg that consumers’ inability to acquire the console and the resulting hit on software sales could negatively impact the profitability of the PlayStation business over the coming years.

“The PlayStation 5 could miss a critical chance to get into a good hardware-software upward spiral,” said Kazunori Ito of Morningstar Research. “The peak of the platform will likely be low and the platform’s total revenue earned won’t be as strong as we hoped for.”

Bloomberg even claims that a major Japanese publisher has internally discussed the possibility of delaying its PS5 games based on concerns it has about the early market response to the console.

The publication also reiterated previous claims it made that Sony is experiencing PS5 production issues related to its main, custom-designed processor – claims Sony previously labelled “false”.

A recent study shone some light on the extent of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S resale market, with scalpers reportedly making over $28 million in next-gen console profits through eBay alone as of December 1.

I have zero sympathy for Sony. They have completely mismanaged this launch, and seem entirely indifferent that scalpers are ****ing over the entire playstation community. None of this is a covid issue. This was a mismanagement issue.

Yeah I'm still annoyed by Sony. Like I said before, they were the root of this problem. I feel like they blamed everything on Covid, when Covid only really affected everything months they've announced the ps5 back in November or December and don't they have a back up plan to meet the demand?... they could have delayed this for neXt year or like I said before, maybe 50% shouldn't be online only purchases, so more people would get it without competing with automated bots. Even Walmart claimed that they blocked over 20 million automated bots for pre ordering the ps5 and god that number is astounding and thats the only ones that they managed to block. I'm quite hopeless at the moment getting this. I'm thinking early neXt year but the more realistic thinking is maybe late 2021 or early 2022. They made this impossible to get for the normal dudes who just want to grab it in their retail store/mall by simply walking in unannounced.

Its quite clear, that scalpers/bots really won this and made a fortune by getting ps5s. While genuine customers that really want it for gaming purposes either have to deal with the pre order nightmare, resorting to scalpers or play the waiting game.

Anyone who buys a PS5 from a scalper is an absolute moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"