Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

PS5 Shortage: EU Resellers Admit to Snagging Thousands of Consoles

Oh Lord. Of course bots are the ones outselling the ps5. One more reason for me to hate buying a ls5 online, as you have these bots to beating you to the punch.

Sony get your **** together. I don't like being over pessimistic but this is really tragic. And I'm sure there are people willing t0 buy the console twice its original price.
I wish something could be d0ne about this. The bastards make a killing while the genuine gamers either miss out altogether or pay a fortune for the privilege (they really shouldn't pay up as the practise would soon go away if noone did).

Last edited:
I wish something could be do0ne about this. The bastards make a killing while the genuine gamers either miss out altogether or pay a fortune for the privilege (they really shouldn't pay up as the practise would soon go away if noone did).
Sony and retailers probably could do something about it, but they won't because as long as the systems sell they don't care. And since there are gamers out there dumb enough to actually pay up to those scalpers it means that the games still sell in the end as well.

I wish something could be do0ne about this. The bastards make a killing while the genuine gamers either miss out altogether or pay a fortune for the privilege (they really shouldn't pay up as the practise would soon go away if noone did).
Sadly, I think Sony doesn't care that much about scalpers/bots as long as the console sells well. And them making an actual move about it would just be eXtra time and money for them. Which goes to the back to the root of the problem - Ps5's limited supply/lack of availability.

Sony and retailers probably could do something about it, but they won't because as long as the systems sell they don't care. And since there are gamers out there dumb enough to actually pay up to those scalpers it means that the games still sell in the end as well.
And even if they check the identity of the buyer, they can't really be sure if two buyers aren't connected and selling it online. The only way to resolve this is to go to the government and make a law about it. but would someone really implement that especially that would cover the entire buy/sell business sector.

And even if they check the identity of the buyer, they can't really be sure if two buyers aren't connected and selling it online. The only way to resolve this is to go to the government and make a law about it. but would someone really implement that especially that would cover the entire buy/sell business sector.
They could make it so that only the person who bought the machine can access it until further stocks are in. It could be locked to the account specified during purchase.

Can't some sites like Amazon actually be linked to your PSN? Amazon could've required your account to be linked to a PSN account in order to buy one during the pre-order phase, they still would've sold their entire stock no problem.

They could make it so that only the person who bought the machine can access it until further stocks are in. It could be locked to the account specified during purchase.
They could but I don't think a lot of countries would entertain the proposal, especially new consoles/or tech equipments as limited as the ps5, aren't being launch every month.

I actually didn't know about scalpers / pre order bots until now.

Were the ps4 and ps3 also ran out of stock when it was launched?

Can't some sites like Amazon actually be linked to your PSN? Amazon could've required your account to be linked to a PSN account in order to buy one during the pre-order phase, they still would've sold their entire stock no problem.
Do we really want to give Amazon even more of our personal data? :o

Can't do anything against bots... The future is inevitable now...

giphy.gif

so, as a followup to the discussion about the Dualsense controller. After playing more of Demon's Souls, I can report that the Dualsense does add different sensations to the experience.

For example, when you cast a spell, different stages of the spell (casting, then the spell flying through the air) produce subtle differences in vibration through the controller.

It does add a new way of experiencing the game. And I can only imagine what it will feel like when future games really start taking advantage of this to its fullest.

I should be getting mine through Best Buy next week. Thank god they have a curbside pickup option.

DualSense controller is just so perfect. I really hope that developers start taking full advantage of it and don't let it fall by the wayside. Sincerely hope it doesn't just turn into another Touchpad on the DS4 where I can really only think of one or two games that actually used it in an interesting way.

I was honestly blown away when I first booted up Astro's Playroom and felt it's full effects.

Here in the USA, the stores didn't start taking preorders until that day in September after the Sony event revealed the price and release date for the PS5. Then a few hours later, the preorders literally went live. Sure, the retailers let you sign up several months beforehand to be on a "list" to notify you when preorders went live. But, in reality, that didn't do much to help......haha.

It was definitely a unique experience to watch that Sony event in the afternoon, get hyped by FFXVI reveal, the Demon's Souls trailer, and then the price/release date reveal. And just a few hours later when the preorders suddenly went live, to get swept up in that whole marathon session of trying to preorder the console, which lasted 7 hours!

In a way, for me at least, I guess that experience makes getting the PS5 more special for me. But again, it's not really an experience I care to repeat with another console launch.

And good luck with Demon's Souls. I've never been a fan of the Souls games before, having only played a bit of Demon's Souls back on the PS3 and then a bit of Dark Souls and Bloodborne later on. Just was never a fan of the difficulty level and the whole concept of the Souls games in general.

However, I am giving Demon's Souls a chance and I must say it is becoming strangely addicting to want to return to that world and make whatever progress you can. You just have to accept the difficulty and challenge and that dying-repeat-dying-repeat is just part of the game.

Following a walkthrough online has also helped, and for a game like this, I don't mind the extra help.

Also, in terms of graphics and visuals, I think Demon's Souls does the best job of showcasing the new hardware and showing off the potential for next gen. I think that is a big part of why I'm interested in the game.

As for the Dualsense with Demon's Souls, I can't say it has stood out as much as playing Dirt 5 or Spider-Man Remastered. However, that could be because I'm so focused on not dying in the game and thus there isn't much time to just walk around and enjoy the scenery or the controller.....haha.

I agree, it feels special to have been able to get one early but I'm not looking forward to another case like that. Fortunately it's likely 6-7 years away to even have the chance to get into that chaos again. At least in the high-end console category.

I've had a bit of time to try Demon's Souls out now and I'm really into it. It hasn't been as hard as I feared it would be and the first real boss was surprisingly easy. I just ran into another boss in another area though and ended up running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid things and stabbing at the air, until I was thoroughly incinerated. It will take some figuring out what to do there, but I'm enjoying myself this far. I've taken every death with a smile.

It is a really beautiful game and it has tons of atmosphere. Just like you I just feel the urge to dive into the world and try to push farther. I also agree that it doesn't really utilize the DualSense controller much though. The vibrations are more nuanced than on the PS4 but the triggers don't seem to have any programming, and those are the most fun part of it. Not that I know specifically what I would want the triggers to do.

I also remembered one thing about the controller that I don't really care for and that's that the games tend to use the built in speaker a lot. I have really high end speakers and I don't really need an extra source of the same sound from that tiny little thing. It just draws attention from the game to the controller. I think that if a game has to use that speaker it should be for sounds of special things you're doing that aren't put through the normal speakers.

On another positive note the PS5 remains silent when playing a demanding games like Demon's Souls so I think it's safe to say that Sony has fixed that issue for this generation.

I must be out of touch, Kohls is the last place I would even expect to be selling new consoles lol

Does anyone remember like what was shown at the 2013 video game awards just after ps4 and xbox one had came out? Any chance ratchet and clank rift apart gets a new trailer and release date?

Hearing the system may have sold 2.1-2.5 million on day 1 WW. I am not sure how that would compare to ps4.

Going to try one more time with Walmart again today if no luck might have to sell my soul to a Scalper

PlayStation 5 GDDR6 memory reaches potentially critical temperatures due to seemingly inadequate PS5 cooling solution design

There's just no sense in sony's heat problems. Theyve been designing consoles for 20+ years and have a half century of computer designs and engineering to learn from. They should be ale to produce a game console that doesn't boil water!
I guess it must have been really hard to run these newer games without producing so much heat.

I said this before,I would have thought with how laptops, cellphones and tv have become slimmer in physical design, in the last decade. I would have thought it'd be the same for gaming consoles like Playstation. But it turns out Ps5 is the biggest of them all mostly because of its cooling system.

If anything the PS5 needed to be bigger. Microsoft and Sony need to just embrace bigger cases like PCs. If they want to use more and more powerful gaming PC hardware they are going to have to design these consoles like PC towers. Either that or discover some revolutionary and cost effective cooling method before next gen.

So never had this happen before but I got watch dogs legion and the code inside for like the golden mask thing will not work. I have never had a dlc code in a case not work before and yes the game is 100% new not used from best buy.

So never had this happen before but I got watch dogs legion and the code inside for like the golden mask thing will not work. I have never had a dlc code in a case not work before and yes the game is 100% new not used from best buy.
I've had that happen to me on a few occasions. At least one I can remember clearly and that was Elder Scrolls Online which I got from Best Buy, too. The packed-in bonus dlc code was not working, and I know that the copy was brand new (sealed).

I took it back down to my local Best Buy and explained the situation. At first, they let me exchange for a new copy of the same game. But that had the same problem with the code not working. So, they then let me exchange that for store credit, I think.

I would contact Best Buy, either through chat online or do down to a local store if possible (if you feel safe to do so) and just explain the situation and try to get it exchanged.

You paid for a new copy that is supposed to have a working code inside. So you are entitled to exchange it for another copy or at least get store credit for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"