Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

I hope Sony gets things fixed soon the system has more issues than normal from a Sony console I would say. I know no system is perfect and you tend to have more issues at launch but I am hearing more issues around the internet it seems than I heard with ps3 or 4 and I am having more issues my self. I just had a few hours ago my system shut its self of while I was playing that is the second time it has happened and than when I turned it back on it had to do the usb fix thing and even after that I had to unplug the system and turn it back on to get the system to work again and that is the same thing has the first time I had the system shut of. I have also had the system freeze like 2 times and I have had a few times where patches didn't want to install or a game didn't want to install. Just way more issues than normal for Sony kind of disappointed right now.

immortals fenyx rising any one else really looking forward to this game it comes out on Thursday. It looks a lot like Zelda BOTW my all time favorite game.

So far worst issue I had was 1 system crash while playing Miles Morales and my controller didn't charge one day, but it did next time I turned console on.

Nothing too bad

So far worst issue I had was 1 system crash while playing Miles Morales and my controller didn't charge one day, but it did next time I turned console on.

Nothing too bad
I have the coil whine (or the sticker that can get into the fan, need to open up the fan and see which problem it is) which is slightly annoying, but ultimately harmless, other than that no issues.

I hope Sony gets things fixed soon the system has more issues than normal from a Sony console I would say. I know no system is perfect and you tend to have more issues at launch but I am hearing more issues around the internet it seems than I heard with ps3 or 4 and I am having more issues my self. I just had a few hours ago my system shut its self of while I was playing that is the second time it has happened and than when I turned it back on it had to do the usb fix thing and even after that I had to unplug the system and turn it back on to get the system to work again and that is the same thing has the first time I had the system shut of. I have also had the system freeze like 2 times and I have had a few times where patches didn't want to install or a game didn't want to install. Just way more issues than normal for Sony kind of disappointed right now.
yeah. I've experienced quite a few hard crashes, resets, and failures to turn on. Moreso than any other console I've owned. This is my biggest issue with the PS5 so far.

It does seems to be related to having an external hdd plugged in. I am going to test using the PS5 without the external drive. Hopefully it is that and it is something Sony can fix ASAP. They need to fixt it, along with adding the internal expansion upgrade option.

Despite what Sony has said, drive space is an issue. If I'm going to be forced temporarily to NOT use an external until the crashing issue gets fixed, then that is going to severely limit the number of games I can have stored and have access to, especially PS4 games. In the short, it won't be so bad because it will force me to concentrate on just a select few PS5 and PS4, which is what I need to do anyways. But, in the long term, it will become a problem once I want to visit my backlog or try out new games.

My biggest fear is that it is a sign of a faulty console. Which I hope not because the limited stock and availability will make replacing/exchanging it an issue.

The only issue I've experienced was that the front USB port wasn't charging when the unit was in sleep mode. That wasn't a big deal and it's supposedly fixed, although I haven't tried since I had already ordered a charging station anyway as I don't like to mess around with short cables to a console to charge my controller. Especially since I hide my console away behind a door in my TV bench when I'm not playing.

As for the storage I'll be good for quite a while since I don't think I used much more than the equivalent of the free storage on the PS5 on my PS4 Pro for the 2,5 years I used it, and I never deleted any games even though I didn't replay them either. That being said the sooner they can offer expansion options the better, although I don't know if there is more than one model out there that's fast enough right now so it's also up to the NVMe drive manufacturers to offer more options.

yeah. I've experienced quite a few hard crashes, resets, and failures to turn on. Moreso than any other console I've owned. This is my biggest issue with the PS5 so far.

It does seems to be related to having an external hdd plugged in. I am going to test using the PS5 without the external drive. Hopefully it is that and it is something Sony can fix ASAP. They need to fixt it, along with adding the internal expansion upgrade option.

Despite what Sony has said, drive space is an issue. If I'm going to be forced temporarily to NOT use an external until the crashing issue gets fixed, then that is going to severely limit the number of games I can have stored and have access to, especially PS4 games. In the short, it won't be so bad because it will force me to concentrate on just a select few PS5 and PS4, which is what I need to do anyways. But, in the long term, it will become a problem once I want to visit my backlog or try out new games.

My biggest fear is that it is a sign of a faulty console. Which I hope not because the limited stock and availability will make replacing/exchanging it an issue.

Its having issues more like you would expect xbox to have not Sony. I have had like 8 freezing, shut down, going back to the system menu already that is a lot in not even a month. I have played some ps4 games on a external hard drive. I think I had 1 crash when I didn't have a external hdd plugged in. I have heard people say that using rest mode cause issues but I have not used rest mode one single time because of hearing about that. Yes hard drive space is an issue I am not sure yet but I may be out of space by like early 2021 or something. There was a video I saw that talked about the ps5 and its heat and such and one thing they talked about was that the fan speed could be increased a lot and that would help some to keep things cool. I am wondering if the system is getting to hot and if that is causing the system to have a lot of these issues. Sony did say they could change how fast the fan goes with firmware updates so hopefully its just that to fix a lot of the crashing, shut doing, freezing etc.

I'm hearing rumors of a new Silent Hill and a Metal Gear Solid remake.

Any one bought a skin for the system? I had one on ps3 and I think I used to have one for ps4. Thinking about getting one for ps5 just started looking on amazon.

So I have a question I have all my ps4 games on my external hard drive and was able to get them on the PS5 pretty easily but my only problem is that the saved data isn’t transferring over. I’ve tried the Ethernet and WiFi methods is there another way?

PS5 scalper group claims 2,000 new purchases and says it’s ‘finding it easy’ to obtain consoles | VGC

1ec846f4f296bc4e1b98c68039bc9483.gif

Someone needs to hunt these ****ers down.

I dont understand why Sony and Microsoft won't just sell consoles directly to gamers for the first few months. Why do I need to go through a middle man retailer that can't control scalpers?!?!

Just started playing immortals fenyx rising. I played for about a hour and 45 minutes and loving it already so so Zelda like.

Had the system freeze 3 more times today all in a row just trying to get to disney+ now up to like 13-14 times the system has frozen/shut its self off/kicked me out of game really disappointed in getting these issues its just not like Sony.

Had another freeze last night.
So I just did reset the console and did the rebuild database thing and reinstalled my 6 games I have spiderman mm, spiderman remaster, sackboy, preinstalled astro bot game, immortals fyenx rising, watch dog legious. Hopefully I will have a lot less issues now will see in the next week or so if I am getting system shut does and freezing and such. If I am still having issues in a few weeks I will have to call Sony. I am not sure if systems will be in stock yet by the time Best Buy and their return date pass for me to try to do an exchange or not.

So I have a question I have all my ps4 games on my external hard drive and was able to get them on the PS5 pretty easily but my only problem is that the saved data isn’t transferring over. I’ve tried the Ethernet and WiFi methods is there another way?

Did you export the saves separately? If you didn't I think you have to go to Settings - Application Saved Data Management - Saved Data in System Storage - Copy to USB Storage Device. That transfers the saves you choose to the drive.

To get it onto the PS5 you go to Settings - Saved Data and Game/App Settings - Saved Data (PS4) and choose the drive and then which saves you want to install.

If you have Playstation Plus you have your saves stored in the cloud and you can just download them from there to the PS5 using the same method. That's how I did it.

I hope you get it to work.

So was at best buy and was able to exchange my console in for a new one they said they are keeping a few extra in case people have issues with there's. I just got home about to set it up and reinstall my games while watching football.

Did you export the saves separately? If you didn't I think you have to go to Settings - Application Saved Data Management - Saved Data in System Storage - Copy to USB Storage Device. That transfers the saves you choose to the drive.

To get it onto the PS5 you go to Settings - Saved Data and Game/App Settings - Saved Data (PS4) and choose the drive and then which saves you want to install.

If you have Playstation Plus you have your saves stored in the cloud and you can just download them from there to the PS5 using the same method. That's how I did it.

I hope you get it to work.

I found a solution which was just using copying my saved info onto a usb drive and it worked easily. I experienced my first crash today while playing miles morales. Is it because I have my external hd connected?

PS5 scalper group claims 2,000 new purchases and says it’s ‘finding it easy’ to obtain consoles | VGC

1ec846f4f296bc4e1b98c68039bc9483.gif

Someone needs to hunt these ****ers down.

I dont understand why Sony and Microsoft won't just sell consoles directly to gamers for the first few months. Why do I need to go through a middle man retailer that can't control scalpers?!?!
I think they should do it on length of PSN/XBL membership for preorders where supply is limited. That would at least have some degree of fairness to it, reward long term loyalty and encourage people not to take subscription breaks. Most importantly there would be an automatic order of priority taking out the stress and luck from the procedure and scalper's techniques wouldn't work.

I’ve had problems with my PS5 keep getting a error code CE-108262-9 when downloading call of duty any one else experienced this

The only issue I’ve really had is with echo in party chat. I’ve got the Pulse 3D headset but this is apparently happening to a lot of people as well with other headsets. I experienced no issues like the first week. And then sometime after it started hearing myself echo and sometimes hearing others echo. I adjust the mic level to lowest, still hear. People think it might be feedback from the controller cause there’s the mic in the controller as well. Which you can’t really even turn off or mute it seems right now.

I dunno what’s going on but it hasn’t been addressed at all. I contacted ask PlayStation and they just sent me a link to their website. No fix or anything yet and it’s annoying when in party chat. Sometimes I don’t hear an echo and sometimes I do. Really wish they’d address this. Can’t be anything I did because I didn’t adjust or touch any settings kept everything as was. The only thing I did recently just to see was lower mic volume like I said in the sound settings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"