Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Managed to get one by spamming the **** out of the cart button lol.

162381457_10160998429537571_6717857202305047634_o.jpg

oh wow, that's... worrying

I know nothing about global product distribution so forgive my silly question: After Japan, does America have first grabs on PS5 ?

I know nothing about global product distribution so forgive my silly question: After Japan, does America have first grabs on PS5 ?
America is PlayStation's largest market so I'm assuming they get the most stocks as well. I'm hoping the vaccination rollout in America, will later improve the production of ps5s and its chips. And if I'm not mistaken Sony has a manufacturing facility for Playstations in America.

As of today, I only have one 2020 ps5 and two 2021 ps5 games that are in my waitlist. So I'm not as alarmed by this unlike at the end of 2020.

Last edited:

I believe Japan is at the back of the queue now unfortunately and Sony are de-prioritising that location for the future.

I may or may not have already gotten a 'your storage is full' message on my PS5 the other day.... :dry:

They really should announce a release date for that eXternal drive for people that are waiting for it.... its been like 5 months since the Ps5 launched.

I'm interested when will they announce skins for the ps5 and the dualsense? Its just seems weird to me that eXcept for that Gold ps5, I haven't seen anything, not even a different box art for a ps5 eXclusive game bundle. I would buy a blue or black dualsense as a spare.

Former rumor now confirmed by Sony:

We are closing PlayStation™Store on PlayStation®3 consoles on 2nd July 2021 and on PlayStation®Vita devices on 27th August 2021. Additionally, the remaining purchase functionality for PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) will also retire on 2nd July 2021.

What features can I use after the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices?

Features you will still be able to access:

• You will still be able to re-download and play previously purchased game titles.
  • You will still be able to access previously purchased video/media content.
  • You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers.
  • You will still be able to re-download and play claimed game titles through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service.
Features you will lose access to:

• You will no longer be able to purchase PS3, PS Vita and PSP digital content, including games and video content.
  • You will no longer be able to make in-game purchases through games on PS3, PS Vita and PSP.
  • You will no longer be able to redeem PSN wallet fund vouchers (e.g. gift cards) on PS3, PS Vita or PSP devices once PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality for these devices close. Your PSN wallet funds will remain in your PSN account, but you will only be able to use your wallet funds to purchase PS4 and PS5 products on PlayStation™Store on the web, PlayStation®App or on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
How do I access my owned games?
You can download your owned content onto your PS3, PS Vita or PSP device by accessing the Download List on the respective device.

I am only active on PS3, PS Vita or PSP devices, and do not currently own a PS4 or PS5. What will happen to any funds left in my PSN wallet after the closure of the PlayStation™Store for these devices?
Your PSN wallet funds will remain in your PSN account, but you will only be able to use your wallet funds to purchase PS4 and PS5 products on PlayStation™Store on the web, PlayStation®App or on PS4 and PS5 consoles. If you are only active on a PS3, PS Vita or PSP device, don't use a PS4 or PS5 console, and don't plan on using one, you may request a refund of any funds left in your wallet. We recommend that if you plan to top up your wallet prior to the store closures, you only top up by the minimum amount required to buy the desired content. We will be updating this page with more details on how to request such a refund.

Will I still be able to purchase cross-buy content following the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality on PS3, PS Vita and PSP?
Yes, you will still be able to purchase cross-buy content through PlayStation™Store on the web, PlayStation®App, or on PS4 and PS5 consoles and access both the PS4 version and the PS3/PS Vita/PSP versions.

Will the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices have any impact on my PlayStation®Plus membership or PlayStation™Now subscription?
No, this will have no impact on users' existing PlayStation®Plus membership or PlayStation™Now subscription.

Will the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices have any impact on titles that I've claimed through my PlayStation®Plus membership?
No, you will still be able to re-download and play claimed game titles through PlayStation®Plus as long as you remain a member of the service.

Will I still be able to redeem vouchers on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices following the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality?

• You will still be able to redeem game and PlayStation®Plus vouchers on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices once PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality for these devices close.
  • You will no longer be able to redeem PSN wallet fund vouchers (e.g. gift cards) on PS3, PS Vita or PSP devices once PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality for these devices close.
  • Your PSN wallet funds will remain in your PSN account, but you will only be able to use your wallet funds to purchase PS4 and PS5 products on PlayStation™Store on the web, PlayStation®App or on PS4 and PS5 consoles.
Will I still be able to download owned video content following the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices?
Yes, you will still be able to download and stream owned video content following the closure of PlayStation™Store and purchase functionality on PS3, PS Vita and PSP devices. Video content that you own can be streamed on PS3, PS4 or PS5 through the My Videos app, or on mobile devices through the PlayStation™Video app.

This is why backwards compatibility matters. Without it, it will just be the hackers, custom firmware, and emulators on PCs of the future that are preserving games and systems, not Sony.

Last edited:
Its kinda sad and a big yes to backwards compatibility and videogame preservation.

Like i have no intention to play lots of games that originally came out in ps1 to ps3 and I have no attachment whatsoever with psp and psvita games eXcept for the ones that were ported to ps2 and ps4, but those games should at least be available to play in the ps5.

Kinda sucks that Sony didn't do anything to change this when they launched the ps5 especially with Microsoft still featuring Xbox/360 bc to XSX. All those ps1 to ps3 eXclusives will really be obselete and unplayable in the future unless someone out there has their ps1/ps2 and ps3 still in good condition by 2030. Those consoles will just not keep working forever even if someone manage to maintain them and change tools.

Last edited:
Former rumor now confirmed by Sony:

This is why backwards compatibility matters. Without it, it will just be the hackers, custom firmware, and emulators on PCs of the future that are preserving games and systems, not Sony.
It's really sad that Jim Ryan & co seem to not care about BC. Both Nintendo and Sony have such amazing back catalogues dating back to their first consoles and covering a number of decades of games. It's great to look to the future in a tech-related industry, but gaming is also art and that creativity needs to be bottled up and preserved for future generations as well as those of us who have grown up on it.

I have read that making ps3 games compatible with Ps4/Ps5 is extremely difficult because of how they built those games with the ps3. But thats probably not the case with ps1 and ps2. It seems such like a missed opportunity especially some people would buy those games again in Ps store if given the opportunity to play them in the ps5. And Sony have yet to remaster or port most of their ps classics to ps4. God of War 1 and 2, those third party games like Metal Gear, GTA, X-Men Legends, Capcom fighting games, etc.

As for the emulators, I don't use PC for gaming and I'm lazy to install emulators.

Its kinda sad and a big yes to backwards compatibility and videogame preservation.

Like i have no intention to play lots of games that originally came out in ps1 to ps3 and I have no attachment whatsoever with psp and psvita games eXcept for the ones that were ported to ps2 and ps4, but those games should at least be available to play in the ps5.

Kinda sucks that Sony didn't do anything to change this when they launched the ps5 especially with Microsoft still featuring Xbox/360 bc to XSX. All those ps1 to ps3 eXclusives will really be obselete and unplayable in the future unless someone out there has their ps1/ps2 and ps3 still in good condition by 2030. Those consoles will just not keep working forever even if someone manage to maintain them and change tools.

It's really sad that Jim Ryan & co seem to not care about BC. Both Nintendo and Sony have such amazing back catalogues dating back to their first consoles and covering a number of decades of games. It's great to look to the future in a tech-related industry, but gaming is also art and that creativity needs to be bottled up and preserved for future generations as well as those of us who have grown up on it.
Yeah, it's a shame these companies don't make game preservation a higher priority. That's one area where I applaud MS/Xbox. It would be nice if Sony and Nintendo followed suit, since they arguably have a better legacy of games in their catalogues.

Yeah, it's a shame these companies don't make game preservation a higher priority. That's one area where I applaud MS/Xbox. It would be nice if Sony and Nintendo followed suit, since they arguably have a better legacy of games in their catalogues.
Yeah, better and longer. Seems a bit dumb to not take advantage, but Jim only values it by how often BC games are actually played. That isn’t really the value of having all your BC games available. If you’ve got pictures of all your family and friends from the past when you’re younger that holds value even when you’re not actively looking at them. The fact that you have the games and can play them at any time has a lot of value even if you don’t load up every old game regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"