Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

They do have many human character related franchises so it’s nice for a bit of balance to have some things like this too IMO. I do know what you mean though. I loved the jump from
FF VII to VIII as the characters looked more like realistic humans. Both games are among my all time favourites but I find it easier to take things more seriously when the visuals aren’t cartoony (even though VII managed great emotions regardless of that).
Back in ps1/ps2 days I didn't mind cartoony graphics as I played a lot of cartoony graphics.

But I think I've been used to photo realistic graphics in the ps4 and that I just prefer games going for a photo realistic games now.

I personally don't see myself getting a PS5 till next year. I'm mostly anticipating R&C: Rift Apart, and Village (RE8).

I would like to get one this year if possible but it looks like 2022 for me too at this rate, along with a good chunk of other would-be buyers.

Yeah I think its 2022 for me as well. I think the hype for the ps5 has finally simmered.

Lots of 2021 games are being delayed to neXt year, pre-orders for the ps5 are still limited and I don't even want to pre order just to get the ps5. I'm in no rush to get it and I don't want to buy the ps5 just to test ps4 games I've already finished.

I'm just gonna buy the remaining ps4 titles in my wishlist for the time being.

Ratchet & Clank is still coming this year at least. I also haven't played Crash 4 and that is getting a ps5 port this month. I'm too close to getting my preorder so it wouldn't make sense to pull out now.

With Returnal, Ratchet, Guilty Gear Strive, FF VII Remake Intergrade, Kena, and Horizon II releasing this year, and assuming none of those get delayed further, I'm quite pleased with the PS5's first year lineup.

Even if Horizon II gets delayed into next year, assuming all those other games come out this year, I still think that's a pretty solid first year lineup with a good mix of games that interest me.

And that's in addition to my backlog of PS4 games that I can play on the PS5, as well as new PS4 games, like Mass Effect Trilogy.

Last edited:
Target will have limited stock of the digital edition this morning so if you're still wanting one I guess you can try.

Well it only took 6 months but I secured a PS5 (disc edition) through Target when they dropped this morning. The catch was it was in store pickup only and I had to use a Target that was a little out of the way for me in the boonies but it beats the anxiety of hoping it gets delivered in one piece. I just finished setting it up. This thing is an absolute beast.

Well it only took 6 months but I secured a PS5 (disc edition) through Target when they dropped this morning. The catch was it was in store pickup only and I had to use a Target that was a little out of the way for me in the boonies but it beats the anxiety of hoping it gets delivered in one piece. I just finished setting it up. This thing is an absolute beast.
That's awesome! Congrats and welcome to the PS5 family!! :applaud

Imagine with no supply restrictions!
And imagine without scalpers. I'm not just very delighted with their sales figures when I know there's a big amount of people scalping this thing and selling it over twice its price and making a profit from Sony's limited release of the ps5.

And I hate that I'm sounding like a broken record but everytime I read a new article about ps5, limited supply and scalpers are always mentioned. Like when can people get this thing in an instant? No unlimited stock, no pre ordering, ready to buy anytime. Those are what I want to read about.

And imagine without scalpers. I'm not just very delighted with their sales figures when I know there's a big amount of people scalping this thing and selling it over twice its price and making a profit from Sony's limited release of the ps5.

And I hate that I'm sounding like a broken record but everytime I read a new article about ps5, limited supply and scalpers are always mentioned. Like when can people get this thing in an instant? No unlimited stock, no pre ordering, ready to buy anytime. Those are what I want to read about.
It must be super-frustrating for those who wanted to get one at launch and still months later it’s not clear when buying one will be possible. Meanwhile *******s who have no intention playing them are sitting on tonnes of consoles and trying to sell them on for massive profits having used bots to cheat their way to the front of the queue.

It must be super-frustrating for those who wanted to get one at launch and still months later it’s not clear when buying one will be possible. Meanwhile *******s who have no intention playing them are sitting on tonnes of consoles and trying to sell them on for massive profits having used bots to cheat their way to the front of the queue.
I guess the "glass half full" scenario there is that a lot of the real heavy hitting games look like they're being delayed, like God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West so it gives people more time to secure a console before they're released.

But the supply issue unfortunately I don't see coming to an end until Covid restrictions are mostly lifted. The pandemic has made it harder for Sony to meet demand, and as a result scalpers have been taking advantage. Would the PS5 have still sold out at launch if the pandemic wasn't a thing? Most likely, but the landscape would have been totally different. Another thing that retailers have to do is come up with a better solution for the bot problem.

I feel lucky to have gotten mine relatively shortly after launch, but in the end it shouldn't be that way. One shouldn't be forced to follow PS5 stock update Twitter accounts in order to get one, and even then that isn't a guarantee given how fast they sell out because of bots.

I have been enjoying my ps5 and glade I have one because yes not a lot of big games yet but I would have been like dying if I didnt have one by ratchet and clank has ratchet and clank is a system seller for me and I am convinced still that we will get Horizon FW this year.

Also ps5 is hard to get because with covid they are not able to make them has fast has normal.

I still don't get why it has to be an online only purchase after so many months.

The ps5 games - physical copies, Dual sense and the other ps5 accessories are displayed in retail stores and can be bought without a pre order. But they can't do that with the ps5? And they don't need to announce online that there's stock in actual retail store if they don't want people to crowd the physical site.

Its just one way to prevent scalpers from scooping it online because they operated a bot to do the work for them. And the more it has become the norm, the scalpers could have a harder time scalping every copy in an instant as I doubt one scalper company have 100 people that can go to the same store especially if new stocks arrived unannounced. They are going to have a harder task scalping everything by buying it in person.

Like how long will they do this "store announces a pre order date only for it to be done in a minute when pre order went live and people are pissed off that they missed pre ordering yet again". That was the case from my retail site for the only three times they opened a pre order. They should try selling this differently.

Last edited:
Next-gen VR on PS5: the new controller

03_withnotice.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back