Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Horizon forbidden west
Human combat looks greatly improved. The graphics look has good has the reveal last year when people where saying that's not possible. The parachute is awesome. The new grappling hock looks amazing. Wow just wow wish we got a release date though.

So is there any word that Sony would finally let retail stores sell the ps5 in stores instead of online only?

At this point, we can no longer use covid as a reason because of the vaccine rollout and a lot of the 1st world countries have eased up their restrictions.

I'm just annoyed that its been like 7 months and it is still an online only purchase.

So is there any word that Sony would finally let retail stores sell the ps5 in stores instead of online only?

At this point, we can no longer use covid as a reason because of the vaccine rollout and a lot of the 1st world countries have eased up their restrictions.

I'm just annoyed that its been like 7 months and it is still an online only purchase.

I assume it has to do with the chip etc shortage mainly.
Production on a lot the parts needed, have been hit hard by covid and may take a longer time to get back on track.

Personally i wouldnt risk it if i were Sony.
While the Pandemic is slowly seemingly getting under more control, its still not smart to have hundreds of people act like idiots while fighting over a console.

But i get the frustration, i was unlucky this week twice now, being just a few minutes or maybe even seconds too late at online shops.

I assume it has to do with the chip etc shortage mainly.
Production on a lot the parts needed, have been hit hard by covid and may take a longer time to get back on track.

Personally i wouldnt risk it if i were Sony.
While the Pandemic is slowly seemingly getting under more control, its still not smart to have hundreds of people act like idiots while fighting over a console.

But i get the frustration, i was unlucky this week twice now, being just a few minutes or maybe even seconds too late at online shops.
I really doubt covid/chip shortage are the reasons as I can get the latest iPhone and Samsung phone just by walking in stores.

And like I said before, online only gives scalpers more chance to order everything. Resellers are literally all over my ig feed and everytime there's a new limited stock, they get more than a dozen of ps5s and they are reselling those on hand (cash payment, in person) and not through online banking.

While I see that almost everything is open in America and Europe and people are maskless. People can go clubbing in countries like Australia, China. And Sony haven't made an official statement that they are ONLY doing online only transactions to not help spread the virus. Because if they were, it would have been all over the news.

Edit: I looked it up and Sony did say to prevent the virus spread in November. However online only still gives more chances for scalpers to be more richer. With countries with low cases, they could have made an eXception.

I just cannot understand why ps5 can't pop up in a store unannounced. That way scalpers won't be ready and there won't be campers/crowding in stores. The pre order in my country,last week. It is still the same scenario, sold out/page unavailable in 2 minutes. Yet the day, the ps5s are shipped. Scalpers are showing off their newly arrived ps5s in their pages, ready to be sold off in person.

Sony hasn't made any effort imo to stop these scalpers.

Last edited:
E3 is about to roll around, almost forgot that was a thing. I'm pretty sure we'll get something juicy around that time, even if Sony isn't officially affiliated with the event

It’s be niceif we get some news from Sony but it’s Sony they want to be different and secretive

I imagine later this year, they would announce new 1st party console eXclusives that would come out in 2022 and 2023. Also, I specifically mentioned "console eXclusives", as we don't know when will Sony port these eXclusives to pc.

So far, we know its just Horizon II, God of War and GT7 (1st party) slated to come out in the not so distant future. I would like to see a new ip - third person action adventure type game.

I made a little research with Sony's 1st party eXclusives of Ps4/Ps5 for the first three years of the newer console. This list eXcludes PSN only, Playroom and remastered games/collections.

Available to ps3/ps4
LittleBig Planet 3
MLB 2014
MLB 2015
MLB 2016

Available to ps4/ps5
God of War 2022
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Forbidden West
Miles Morales
Sackboy

eXclusive to Ps4 (9)
Bloodborne
Driveclub
Infamous: First Light
Infamous: Second Son
Knack
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Tearaway Unfolded
The Order 1886
Until Dawn

eXclusive to Ps5 (4)
Demon's Soul
Destruction AllStars
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
Returnal

Weird how the console without a backwards compatibility seems to have more 1st party eXclusives in its first 3 years, compare to Ps5. I think there could be more Ps5 only games in 2022. But I don't think it would match the amount that Ps4 got in 2013 to 2015. I didn't include MLB 2021 (and MLB 2022) because its no longer eXclusive to PS.

But I also think this is a testament to how successful the ps4 is compare to ps3 and that ps5 is (without a doubt) harder to find. Anyway God of War 2022 being available to ps4 is good news to me as I don'thave a ps5 yet. So far, there's still ZERO Ps5 only game that is a must have for me.

Last edited:
Right now, it's kind of hard to judge the PS5's first 6 months compared to the PS4's first 3 years. Let's wait until the PS5 has had its first 3 years to see just how many PS5 only exclusive games have been released.

Also, I think the fact that the PS4 was NOT BC made it even more of a necessity that it had a robust exclusive lineup in its early years. Because if it didn't, then there would have been even less of a reason to play on the PS4 early on.

I love that the PS5 is BC with PS4 games (would have been even better if it had full BC with PS1-PS3), and that factored into my decision to get the PS5 early on. I can play PS4 games better on my PS5, both my backlog of old games as well as new PS4 games still being released. And for any cross-gen titles, I can play the best version (PS5) on the new console.

So, for me, that has given me plenty of content to play on my PS5 and plenty more to look forward to this year and beyond. I wouldn't even be bothered too much if Horizon 2 got delayed into 2022, because I am already satisfied with the output of content this year and at launch that has been exclusive to PS5 only or crossgen between PS4/PS5.

Demons Souls Remastered
Miles Morales
Spider-Man Remastered
Returnal (will wait for a sale)
Ratchet and Clank
FF7 Intergrade
Guilty Gear Strive
Kena

Just those alone, even without Horizon 2, are enough to keep me interested in playing on my PS5. And that doesn't include any multi-plat title or PS4 only games that I can play on PS5.

And next year, there are already 2 big games to look forward to - GOW and GT7. Forspoken could possibly be a 2022 title, as could FF XVI (though I'm expecting that to be a 2023 title). I'm sure that Sony will announce more titles at an upcoming event and the 2022 landscape will start to take shape.

late reply but I got my ps5 from Best Buy in store. The store my sister works at have been getting four (2 with disc & 2 without disc) since Jan I believe. One day she called me up asked me if I wanted one and then she got it for me.

late reply but I got my ps5 from Best Buy in store. The store my sister works at have been getting four (2 with disc & 2 without disc) since Jan I believe. One day she called me up asked me if I wanted one and then she got it for me.
Well thats the thing when you know someone who has access to these new shiny consoles.

I probably would have secured one by now, if I knew someone personally from my retail store or if I was working for Sony.

True I was just saying that to let you know you could maybe check with your store and see if they’d give you those hints because some stores are in fact getting some to sell.

True I was just saying that to let you know you could maybe check with your store and see if they’d give you those hints because some stores are in fact getting some to sell.
I have asked many times and the reply is always order it online. While the games/accessories can be bought anytime without a reservation. That's the frustrating thing when I see the games/dual sense in display. I can buy those in a hurry but not the ps5. Sony really needs to change this.

This is a silly concern, but if you'll indulge me:

I play mostly used games, so sometimes I clean smudges off of them with a microfiber cloth. Recently I noticed that they shed some loose fibers especially if I wipe the disc with a moist cloth first. Would there be a build-up inside the disc-drive if some loose fibers hitched a ride, and if so would it cause overheating? It seems that the disc drive is really well insulated, but in turn really hard to clean if needed

This is a silly concern, but if you'll indulge me:

I play mostly used games, so sometimes I clean smudges off of them with a microfiber cloth. Recently I noticed that they shed some loose fibers especially if I wipe the disc with a moist cloth first. Would there be a build-up inside the disc-drive if some loose fibers hitched a ride, and if so would it cause overheating? It seems that the disc drive is really well insulated, but in turn really hard to clean if needed
I don't know, won't those loose fibers turn into shreads or fabric dust when inserted into a console with a spinning disc? If not they probably just get stuck in there. The fan is there so it won't overheat. And you'd probably face a different problem if the loose fibers started to clog your console.

I also think you probably shouldn't wipe your disc with a cloth especially blu ray disc is less prone to scratches and a tougher protective barrier. And isn't a moist cloth not safe for the disc?

I don't know, won't those loose fibers turn into shreads or fabric dust when inserted into a console with a spinning disc? If not they probably just get stuck in there. The fan is there so it won't overheat. And you'd probably face a different problem if the loose fibers started to clog your console.

I also think you probably shouldn't wipe your disc with a cloth especially blu ray disc is less prone to scratches and a tougher protective barrier. And isn't a moist cloth not safe for the disc?

I think the laser-side is moisture resistant, but anyway I only did it two times after which I decided I wont do it anymore. In both cases I checked that the discs were clean and dry before use. If my eyes missed a few hairs, they would be so few and small as to make no difference. Even so I tend to get a little paranoid with brand new electronics. Thanks for the response

I can't believe I actually accomplished this! But I just platinumed Demon's Souls, earning my 1st ever platinum in my Playstation gaming history!!

It took me 4 game cycles with the same character (completing NG+++) but I somehow managed to do it! I never would have expected my 1st platinum would be with Demon's Souls and yet somehow this has become one of my favorite games. So, for this game and experience alone, getting a PS5 at launch was worth it.

Now, I can finally eject Demon's Souls and retire it to my game shelf. And just in time, too, with Ratchet, Guilty Gear, and FFVII Intergrade all releasing this week. I may revisit Demon's Souls from time to time to try out other character builds, now that I no longer have to worry about earning trophies. But, I think it is long past overdue to move on to other games.

I'm not sure if I will have the time, patience, or motivation to platinum another game. But, at least I can now proudly say I've platinumed a Playstation game!! :woo:

I have asked many times and the reply is always order it online. While the games/accessories can be bought anytime without a reservation. That's the frustrating thing when I see the games/dual sense in display. I can buy those in a hurry but not the ps5. Sony really needs to change this.
A little off topic. But my retail store is now selling Series S and X in person. No pre order needed and those XboX boXes with the actual console are just displayed neXt to other items in the store.

I can't believe I actually accomplished this! But I just platinumed Demon's Souls, earning my 1st ever platinum in my Playstation gaming history!!

It took me 4 game cycles with the same character (completing NG+++) but I somehow managed to do it! I never would have expected my 1st platinum would be with Demon's Souls and yet somehow this has become one of my favorite games. So, for this game and experience alone, getting a PS5 at launch was worth it.

Now, I can finally eject Demon's Souls and retire it to my game shelf. And just in time, too, with Ratchet, Guilty Gear, and FFVII Intergrade all releasing this week. I may revisit Demon's Souls from time to time to try out other character builds, now that I no longer have to worry about earning trophies. But, I think it is long past overdue to move on to other games.

I'm not sure if I will have the time, patience, or motivation to platinum another game. But, at least I can now proudly say I've platinumed a Playstation game!! :woo:
Ha, what a place to start. You might be the only person in the world who has only 1 platinum and it happens to be a Souls game lol.

Elden Ring is coming January 21st next year. It's probably my most anticipated game right now after loving Demon's Souls on the PS5. Hopefully they can make the gameplay as compelling in an open world. The trailer gave me some slight Shadow of the Colossus vibes, on top of the obvious Souls style. It doesn't really look next gen though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"