Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Sony only seems to care that someone is buying the consoles. Who doesn't seem to matter.

The disrespect and disregard theyve shown towatds gamers the past year is disgusting. I've lost so much respect for Sony.

Bluepoint has joined the family as well... not yet official but Sony Japan tweeted it accidentally.

Sony Housemarque Acquisition Officially Announced

I'm still hoping Sony would acquire a company as big as Bethesda. Bluepoint and Housemarquee have been doing PlayStation eXclusives for years so since these new family members aren't really surprising.

Bluepoint has joined the family as well... not yet official but Sony Japan tweeted it accidentally.

Sony Housemarque Acquisition Officially Announced

I'm still hoping Sony would acquire a company as big as Bethesda. Bluepoint and Housemarquee have been doing PlayStation eXclusives for years so since these new family members aren't really surprising.
Good. They should get bigger budgets going forward then.

Hopefully now they have enough money to actually include a save system in their games. *ahem*
Haha, yes. I was going to ask - you can still pause the game right? Otherwise with no save option or pause ability I just can't try this kind of stuff as I get interrupted too often.

Haha, yes. I was going to ask - you can still pause the game right? Otherwise with no save option or pause ability I just can't try this kind of stuff as I get interrupted too often.
I think you can pause Returnal. However you can't play it on the run unless you are sure you're going to clear the area in a few minutes. You'd be stuck in the 1st biome if you don't have enough time.

I think you can pause Returnal. However you can't play it on the run unless you are sure you're going to clear the area in a few minutes. You'd be stuck in the 1st biome if you don't have enough time.
Thanks.

I have mixed responses. On one hand, I am always skeptical of indie developer complaints about "discoverability", since almost to a one they ignore that discoverability is a scaling problem without any easy solutions, at least solutions that work for *everyone* as opposed to just one developer. I'm neither interested in nor sympathetic to complaints that boil down to "I want the storefront to hide or remove other games, so that *my* game gets more exposure". If you aren't fine with the "improved discoverability fix" being applied to the other studios competing with you, too, then you aren't making good faith suggestions.

OTOH, this really sounds like its not about discoverability as such, its about a complete lack of customer service and support for their customers the studios, unless you are big enough to just buy that service. $25000 buy in or else the company basically puts you in customer service hell? That reads as "We don't actually want any developers on our platform smaller than middle-scale." Or possibly "We are so invincibly necessary that we don't have to provide any customer service, because everyone will be forced to sell through us anyway." Its not like that's the fee in order to get premium marketing assistance, where you are paying for a major advertising campaign.

Remakes of MGS1-4 please.
I have no interest in playing Demons Soul for its difficulty. But I've played Shadow of the Colossus remake recently and played the ps4 port of God of War 3 and Uncharted trilogy iirc, Bluepoint was behind those.

So I'm thinking they will be the remaster/remake studio of Sony from now on. I just hope it is something I would play. I would play remake of Metal Gear Solid 1 to 4. I would like to see a remaster or remake of the 1st two God of War games. And maybe some underrated third person games like Heavenly Sword. There's still so many ps2/3 games that I haven't played that I would have bought already for the ps4 if they were available.

A reputable PC port studio.

giphy.gif

So maybe more games are coming to pc then. PC has really benefited from the recent console fallout.

I'm not keen on more PC ports of Playstation games mostly because "eXclusive" ps games is what PlayStation is known for and those games differentiate them from XboX and Switch (especially in the last gen).

But if that is what they want to do (quick cash). Okay I'm not losing any money and I will still play using Ps. I'm just curious how this is going to affect (or not) the consoles five to ten years now. Are Ps eXclusives even a thing by that point or half of their newer games are just timed eXclusives. Like I said before, they should want pc and XboX players to be buying the ps console, not give them an option to play ps games else where. Its basically XboX One and Series X, Sony won't just be porting their games to pc right away and with Microsoft being more agressive with console eXclusives - I just don't really think how this is such a good idea long term for PlayStation.

Anyway, cool that they acquired anothee studio. I'm still waiting for that big acquisition that would be such a big news in gaming sites.

They also got this banner
welcometothefamily-708x354.png

I can't find a Wikipedia page for this. I'm assuming they are going act as a Support studio like Sony Malaysia and San Mateo but mostly focus on pc ports.

State of Play announced will focus on Deathloop and indie titles kind of sad was hoping for more

^Yep, this is not the BIG event I was hoping and waiting for......haha.

KOF XV coming to PS5/PS4 (and other platforms) Q1 2022.

I will probably get this on the PS5. Seriously, once you use the Dualsense, it's hard to go back to using other controllers. IMO of course.

I guess their State of Play would be like this from now on - focus on an upcoming big game + 1 to 3 smaller games inbetween the presentation. Iirc thats what they did with the State of Play for Horizon 2 and Rifts Apart.

I guess there isn't anymore big ps release later this year that isn't an eXpansion.

I like the State of Plays but a big presentation of a bunch of games at the same time gives a sense of the platform as a whole and creates unparalleled excitement. I reckon a show featuring that Horizon demo and God of War would have been amazing and remembered longer.

I like the State of Plays but a big presentation of a bunch of games at the same time gives a sense of the platform as a whole and creates unparalleled excitement. I reckon a show featuring that Horizon demo and God of War would have been amazing and remembered longer.
Thats what they did last year (iirc they did it twice) so I'm kinda disappointed they aren't repeating that this year, especially after skipping E3.

Idk, maybe later this year, they could still hold an event with first look for the ps5 Gta V, Call of Duty 2021 and God of Ragnarok gameplay/footage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"