Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

There are a lot of things sony could show/announced. GOW first gameplay/trailer and things like Horizon forbidden west release date, Ghost of tushima directors cut, death standard directors cut, forspoken release date yet sony does this. I think I am done trying to guess how sony is going to do things. Ever sense last year Sony has been very nintendo like in how they announce things just kind of randomly.

I don't mind these smaller, frequent State of Plays. However, I do feel that Sony needs to hold at least one "big" showcase event this year.

As I've stated prior, I have been pleased with the PS5 launch and 2021 output so far. If Horizon 2 is the only major game left in 2021, then I would not mind because I already feel satisfied. With that being said, though, it's time for Sony to start preparing us for their 2022 games lineup and beyond, as well as to reveal brand new games, major acquisitions, etc. And it's best to do that during a big showcase event.

I don't mind these smaller, frequent State of Plays. However, I do feel that Sony needs to hold at least one "big" showcase event this year.

As I've stated prior, I have been pleased with the PS5 launch and 2021 output so far. If Horizon 2 is the only major game left in 2021, then I would not mind because I already feel satisfied. With that being said, though, it's time for Sony to start preparing us for their 2022 games lineup and beyond, as well as to reveal brand new games, major acquisitions, etc. And it's best to do that during a big showcase event.

Yeah for a first like year the ps5 is pretty good and I just am hoping that Horizon is still this year and I think it will be. Kena looks great to even though yeah I know its a shorter game being its a $40 game. Yeah we do need a little more of a hit on 2022 but we are not completely in the dark on 2022 though has we know GT7 and GOW Ragnork are both 2022. I also wonder if we might get a teaser for spiderman 2 soon. I think Spiderman 2 will be early 2023 release.

2022 is stacked with Gt7, God of War and Horizon. I believe Horizon is releasing in 2021 when i see it. There are probably 2 to 3 eXclusives that aren't announced yet for q3 and 4 of 2022. Psvr 2 is probably out neXt year so Sony would promote it a lot, regardless if Vr is still a niche market. Plus a lot way more interesting 3rd party games compare to this year. FF16, Forspoken, Suicide Squad, Hogwarts, Elden Ring, Gotham Knights, Avatar, etc.

Yeah 2022 between first party and 3rd party is going to be crazy loaded. 2021 was supposed to be loaded before things got delayed. So yeah 2022 is already like covered just don't know what's going to be like Jan compared to Feb compared to like June etc. Spiderman 2 I think will be 2023. So yeah 2022 looks amazing. Now get to 2023 more questions but not like nothing will be announced the rest of this year or first half or next year at least that could be 2023.

I still haven't got a PS5 -- they are out of stock so i'm playing PS4 at the moment but when games are released, i'll try to get it as fast as i can.

The latest state of play surprisingly showed a lot of games. 11. I thought it was a good 30 minute presentation.

It's a good thing Sony sets the proper expectations for these State of Plays. You really can't complain or be disappointed when the event basically does what they said it will do.

There really wasn't a whole lot in the event that interested me, but it is what it is. Still hoping we get that big event blowout in the next month or so.

There was nothing in that state of play that I wanted to buy (I already have Death Stranding), but I eXpected 20 minutes of Deathloop and 30 second ad for two indie games.

Its either Sony has a big State of Play in store later this year or they don't. The director's cut of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding could have been saved for a 2 hour State of Play, along with other high profiled upcoming ps games.

I still remember they started with GTA V in the State of Play in which they revealed the look of the ps5.

I don't believe the event where they revealed the PS5 was called a State of Play. That was their "big showcase" event for the Summer (or their E3 equivalent). Wasn't it called their "Future of Play" event?

And then they had another bigger event a few months later, where stuff like FF XVI and the PS5 price/release date were revealed. I don't believe that was a State of Play, either.

I could be wrong, but these State of Play events have always been shorter and more focused/targeted. And the "big reveals" are saved for the bigger events.

The ps5 reveal was showcased in Future of Gaming livestream, way back June of 2020.

To me, future of Gaming or State of Play, they are both livestreams featuring upcoming releases, with the former being longer for more or less 40 minutes.

While the September 2020 livestream was only labeled as Ps5 showcase, which Ff16 was the first game presented. It was only more or less 20 minutes longer than yesterday's state of play.

It's a good thing Sony sets the proper expectations for these State of Plays. You really can't complain or be disappointed when the event basically does what they said it will do.

There really wasn't a whole lot in the event that interested me, but it is what it is. Still hoping we get that big event blowout in the next month or so.
Surely that big event is still happening. Hopefully they are just waiting on perfecting God of War!

Surely that big event is still happening. Hopefully they are just waiting on perfecting God of War!
Imo, it would be a huge missed opportunity if Sony doesn't have at least one big showcase event this year.

im still waiting for the nacon custom controller for my ps5, i dont like the original one . i still play my ps4 pro alot with nacon custom controller for shooter games

After E3 2021 No Show, Sony's Seemingly Skipping Gamescom As Well
Sony rumoured to be skipping Gamescom as well after many others confirm appearance.

I know Sony get big audiences with some of their State of Plays, but I don’t like this throwing out of tradition. I like having general gaming events in the calendar where you can see a bit of what everyone is doing.

I'm getting sick of Sony putting out all these ads showing off cool features of the PS5 while they do absolutely nothing fix the scalping and stock problems. Its just mean.

Sony's strategies just confuse me. They want to eXpand to PC and Mobile, and then this. I just wonder how is this all going to be beneficial to their hardware in the long run. NeXt thing we'd hear is they're porting their old games to Switch.

As for scalpers, they are absolutely doing nothing and they never will. Still online only, still limited release.

PS5 Price Increase? Sony Reportedly 'Closely Monitoring' Switch OLED

I know they are selling ps5 for a loss. But if Ps4 can launch at 399 from Ps3's launch price of 599 (the one with the bigger storage). And then later dropped the prices for those... Ps5 increasing its price (after failing to meet up with the demand to this day) is just another facepalm moment for Sony.

I mean. . . raising the price *would be* a response to the demand. Not enough supply and too many people want it? Raise the price until the supply and demand match. Sure, this means those who want one will have to pay more, but currently they have to pay more *anyway*, in time and effort if not cash, because there aren't enough to go around.

I'm not at all sure what the Switch OLED is supposed to have to do with any of this, mind. Especially since the pricing for the OLED Switch almost certainly has nothing to do with any of those supply issues, its simply to ensure the original model Switchs continue to sell. I'm willing to bet that once the existing stockpile of v2 Switchs run out, the OLED will receive a "discount" down to $300.

I mean. . . raising the price *would be* a response to the demand. Not enough supply and too many people want it? Raise the price until the supply and demand match. Sure, this means those who want one will have to pay more, but currently they have to pay more *anyway*, in time and effort if not cash, because there aren't enough to go around.

I'm not at all sure what the Switch OLED is supposed to have to do with any of this, mind. Especially since the pricing for the OLED Switch almost certainly has nothing to do with any of those supply issues, its simply to ensure the original model Switchs continue to sell. I'm willing to bet that once the existing stockpile of v2 Switchs run out, the OLED will receive a "discount" down to $300.
I'm confused with what you are saying. If I'm not wrong, Sony cannot keep up with the demand not because they are selling the ps5 for a loss but other problems. So they are going to increase the price so they can keep up with the demand? Is it going to solve the chip shortage and the issue with resellers/scalpers?

Did the previous playstation consoles even increase their price though? Because this would be a 1st. Iirc ps2 and ps4 were in high demand as well.

Unless ps5 is now 1TB and is more powerful then IMO, thats the only time they should increase. Ps4 pro launched 3 years after ps4 and that was 399. The same launch price of the ps4.

June 2021 NPD Report Provides PS5 Sales Update for the U.S.

If I read that correctly,Series X was the most selling console (dollar sales) in June 2021 while Switch sold the most units. Ps5 isnt the most selling last month due to limited supply and it is much harder to find...

Sigh. Sony needs to fiX their supply issues asap. I've read comments and watched YouTubers saying that they managed to buy a Series X first because they couldn't find a ps5. Other people still only have a Series x and they still can't find a ps5.

As a ps player, I want to root for Playstation but they should really do more. I hate to see them miss out in these monthly sales (even if they still sold more copies overall). I feel like Sony not doing much, is only inviting other people to go buy a different console. And Microsoft/Xbox seems more competitive than ever and these sale reports are probably adding more fuel to their fire.

Michael Pachter Thinks Sony E3 Strategy Is 'Really Dumb'

Anyone agree?

I'm miXed on this. Like I remember in the 2000s, E3 as a big thing. The first E3 that I was aware of was in 2004. But today, I honestly don't see Sony missing out on sales if they don't present in E3. some games that presented in E3 don't even get released (Agent) or they are just taking forever to be made (Wild, Beyond Good and Evil, Skull and Bones). Sony can do it online and anyone in the internet can watch. As for the casuals, they don't care if Sony's games presented at E3 or not. Cool if they present. But not a missed opportunity if they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"