Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

What is Sucker Punch up to after Ghost DLC?
They are still supporting GOT Legends as I'm still getting new online updates for the game. Though I haven't opened Legends (aside from seeing the openingcinematiX).

I'm assuming if there is another first party ps5 eXclusive for 2022, it would be a smaller game like Astro or something that requires Psvr.

2022 is loaded with 3rd party games (if none that we know of aren't delayed again). But in terms of eXclusives, Sony only has 3 that we know of. GT7 is an easy pass for me, as its a racing game. MLB is now coming out to Series X. Forbidden West is out early 2022. So that leaves the neXt 10 months (if not delayed) with just Ragnarök. Certainly fewer than the eXclusives that came out in the last several years, if not ever. Last of Us Multiplayer isn't out neXt year or else we would have seen footage by now. Naughty Dog has been hiring people for it just recently. And other PS studios, its either they just released a game in the last 2 years or their neXt game is still in development.

That is another reason I see Ragnarok coming out in 2022 because if it doesn't and GT7 stays to its release date in march then you are likely going to be looking at like a year gap from GT7 to the next exclusive unless there is another exclusive for 2022 that we don't know about and I dont see them going a year between like exclusives. This year with ratchet and clank and going to Horizon FW you are talking about like a 8 month gap between exclusives and that is in the early days of the consoles life span. So I dont see us having a longer gap then that going from 2022 to 2023 when normally its the first year that consoles have less exclusives. I know I know insomanic is busy but next year is 20 years from the first ratchet and clank game. I do wonder if we will get something for that next year like a collection of the future games or something kind of like how back for its 10 year it got a HD collection on ps3 of the first 3 ratchet games. The studio behind concrete genie I think will show something soon. The new studios that sony has announced that they have bought in the last like year or so we dont know like how far what ever they are working on my be and that's like 3 studios.

What is Sucker Punch up to after Ghost DLC?

The story dlc came out just like a month or so ago and they also have the multiplayer they came out with a while back. So considering its only been a little over a year sense the game came out and they also did online mode and story dlc they couldn't have had much time to do much else and I dont think they have multiple teams or anything. I would think they have likely started working on Ghost of tushima 2 but like very early stages like just kind of putting together ideas of what they want to do that is different then the first game.

Given their track record in the last siX years, it will take a long time before we see a brand new Sucker Punch game.
That is another reason I see Ragnarok coming out in 2022 because if it doesn't and GT7 stays to its release date in march then you are likely going to be looking at like a year gap from GT7 to the next exclusive unless there is another exclusive for 2022 that we don't know about and I dont see them going a year between like exclusives. This year with ratchet and clank and going to Horizon FW you are talking about like a 8 month gap between exclusives and that is in the early days of the consoles life span. So I dont see us having a longer gap then that going from 2022 to 2023 when normally its the first year that consoles have less exclusives. I know I know insomanic is busy but next year is 20 years from the first ratchet and clank game. I do wonder if we will get something for that next year like a collection of the future games or something kind of like how back for its 10 year it got a HD collection on ps3 of the first 3 ratchet games. The studio behind concrete genie I think will show something soon. The new studios that sony has announced that they have bought in the last like year or so we dont know like how far what ever they are working on my be and that's like 3 studios.
Ragnarök should come out when its ready, instead of trying to commit to a 2022 release because Ps only has a handful 1st party releases in 2022.

I'm skeptical if there are other big games for 2022. As the last showcase seemed to be the last major livestream from Sony and all their 2022 big cards should have been there. I'm guessing it would take a while before they do another livestream event.

Like I said if there are more, itdbe smaller games or Psvr games especially if PSVR2 is released neXt year.

Hello do you need to switch off automatic renewl to extend playstation plus?

I really want to know if Insomniac will do the Rumored Daredevil game
How many games can they do at once lol. No other studio like them at the moment for efficiency of output.

I'm finally going to try getting my hands on a PS5 disc edition next week. Any tips on acquiring one? I signed up for PS Direct email notifications so hopefully that's how I'll get it, but are there other good ways? How did everyone here manage to snag one?

The last exclusive I played was Days Gone so I have a nice little back catalog to dive into.

I'm finally going to try getting my hands on a PS5 disc edition next week. Any tips on acquiring one? I signed up for PS Direct email notifications so hopefully that's how I'll get it, but are there other good ways? How did everyone here manage to snag one?

The last exclusive I played was Days Gone so I have a nice little back catalog to dive into.
Sign up for Twitter if you don't have an account already and follow as many PS5 Stock Update pages as you can so you can be notified as soon as one of the major retailers has PS5 availability. That's how I did it and it worked for me after a few months. Patience is key.

The Playstation Direct email was my ticket in. You can try signing up for all those alerts but the issue there is the thousands of others also following them in addition to the countless bots... hopefully soon the production issues will clear up enough you can more easily buy one.

I'd read they are getting ready to sell in some physical stores (Best Buy as I recall being one) so that is promising.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Looks like I'm in a for a fun time trying to acquire one in the weeks ahead.

I remember when I got my PS4 a year after launch, all I had to do was walk into a local department store and buy one. What a difference a few years makes.

With COVID and chip shortages pre-dating COVID, it is no surprise there were going to be production hassles but it is still surprising how difficult it has been.

What's also surprising about the insanely high demand for the PS5 is that the vast majority of games for it are essentially just next-gen upgrades of already available PS4 games, although it's not uncommon for new consoles to not have a must-have killer app next-gen game until more than a year into its lifespan. My main motivation for securing a PS4 was just so I'd have it before Arkham Knight came out and that was more than a year after the console launched. By comparison, my main motivation for securing a PS5 was because my PS4 was closer to the end of its lifespan. If I didn't have a PS5 right now I'd have had to buy another external hard drive and a new controller for the PS4 which I just didn't want to do since there was a new console out there.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Looks like I'm in a for a fun time trying to acquire one in the weeks ahead.

I remember when I got my PS4 a year after launch, all I had to do was walk into a local department store and buy one. What a difference a few years makes.

I probably just got lucky, but I got my PS5 by watching a PS5 Stock alert YouTube livestream. So you should try one of those as well.

What's also surprising about the insanely high demand for the PS5 is that the vast majority of games for it are essentially just next-gen upgrades of already available PS4 games, although it's not uncommon for new consoles to not have a must-have killer app next-gen game until more than a year into its lifespan. My main motivation for securing a PS4 was just so I'd have it before Arkham Knight came out and that was more than a year after the console launched. By comparison, my main motivation for securing a PS5 was because my PS4 was closer to the end of its lifespan. If I didn't have a PS5 right now I'd have had to buy another external hard drive and a new controller for the PS4 which I just didn't want to do since there was a new console out there.

I think its a combination of things.

1. Sony has shown over the years with different consoles that they will deliver good games even if it takes a little bit of time.

2. The first year or so has a better lineup of games than most systems have even if not like ps5 exclusive games like kena, fist, etc.

3. Xbox is giving nothing like always.

4. With covid and people being at home/not wanting to go out/things at times things closed more people are getting into gaming.

5. Even though its not a exclusive ps5 game being its also on ps4 but I think spiderman miles morlaes being at launch was big just because of how popular spiderman is. You dont have to be just on the new system to be like a system seller look at Zelda BOTW on switch yeah I know most people didnt have a Wii U but still.

6. With how well spiderman did I think insomniacs name right now is big and ratchet and clank I think a lot of people wanted.

7. last most people didn't have a ps4 pro or xbox one x and so its a lot of peoples first chance to get into 4k console gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"