The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

Bernthal is too good to let slip. I hope Marvel works something out.

Silver lining is that Lightfoot was talking about Kingpin for season 3, and I'm not sure I trust his team to do this character properly.

‘The Punisher’ & ‘Jessica Jones’ Canceled By Netflix; Latter’s 3rd Season Still To Air

“Marvel’s The Punisher will not return for a third season on Netflix,” Netflix confirmed today to Deadline. “Showrunner Steve Lightfoot, the terrific crew, and exceptional cast including star Jon Bernthal, delivered an acclaimed and compelling series for fans, and we are proud to showcase their work on Netflix for years to come,” the streamer added.

“In addition, in reviewing our Marvel programming, we have decided that the upcoming third season will also be the final season for Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” Netflix also made official this President’s Day. “We are grateful to showrunner Melissa Rosenberg, star Krysten Ritter and the entire cast and crew, for three incredible seasons of this groundbreaking series, which was recognized by the Peabody Awards among many others”.

“We are grateful to Marvel for five years of our fruitful partnership and thank the passionate fans who have followed these series from the beginning.”
tumblr_inline_p3n9e3a81V1s7ksad_540.gif

I just finished season 2 the other day. Not surprised it was dropped along with JJ. This season of the Punisher storyline with the girl and that John Pilgrim guy might be one of the worst. I felt nothing for Pilgrim and he was boring.

I barely remember JJS2 but they dragged the mothers story line a lot. It wasn't that good. Disney stream may revive these shows.

A lot of fans on here aren't too hot on S2 yet online and based on my own timeline, people seem to REALLY love it. Granted I prefer S2 over S1 but it's interesting.

No, it was almost like a soap opera, do i really have to explain it? The Punisher is too soft, too emotional, they got wrong the characterization in this season, the villains were bad, the season was slow and boring, etc

Buddy ive been reading Punisher stories for 15 years and have a giant Punisher skull/half sleeve tatt on me, the character is my all time favorite and outside of minor liberties and narrative choices, Netflix has gotten him pretty good and actually made him likeable to non comic fans. It's shame we wont get more Frank but cest la vie.

That is great, i am happy for you, i never actually liked the character, Daredevil season 2 made me really like it, and the first season 1 was good, it had some flaws, but then in season two is crying over his family all the time, being too soft, too emotional, and as usual with netflix shows it has way too many episodes resulting in too many filler, season 2 was slower and more boring, it dropped in quality, is all about the script, it was not terrible, but what i want to see in a Punisher shows i Punisher killing criminals, nothing else.

I thought Punisher was soft in Season 2. He let way too many guys live that he wouldn’t normally blink an eye on blowing their brains out. Didn’t like the girl and preacher guy story either. It was an ok season but a big dropoff from season 1.

I have just started watching season 2, season 1 was a miss-step after his inclusion on Daredevil)

Not sure if there's a better place to post this...

I met Jon Bernthal today...kind of randomly...was at the same place he was. I stopped briefly to tell him how much his portrayal of The Punisher meant to so many of us comic fans, and he seemed genuinely...I dont know...touched...by it. There wasn't really anyone around...no one seemed to recognize him except the people in my small group...so he took pictures with them (I dont like having my picture taken, so I didnt ask) and seemed really humble and nice.

The psychologist in Season 2 was very pretty. Same goes for Agent Madani. Both extremely attractive women.

Buddy ive been reading Punisher stories for 15 years and have a giant Punisher skull/half sleeve tatt on me, the character is my all time favorite and outside of minor liberties and narrative choices, Netflix has gotten him pretty good and actually made him likeable to non comic fans. It's shame we wont get more Frank but cest la vie.

**** me, late to the party again ! I've never followed Punisher much, and decided to watch S1 E11 just on a whim. It is ten times better than any of that lame **** that Marvel put out on Disney + this year . Bernthal is utterly savage, the way I always pictured the Punisher.

Wow! I'm going go back and watch all the Punisher and DD episodes with him in them. Sounds like s2 wasn't as good, but I bet it's still wayyyy better than Disney + !

**** me, late to the party again ! I've never followed Punisher much, and decided to watch S1 E11 just on a whim. It is ten times better than any of that lame **** that Marvel put out on Disney + this year . Bernthal is utterly savage, the way I always pictured the Punisher.

Wow! I'm going go back and watch all the Punisher and DD episodes with him in them. Sounds like s2 wasn't as good, but I bet it's still wayyyy better than Disney + !

Well if you watch episode 11, that's of course when the momentum starts moving and the action begins to ramp up. But you've got to sit through some really slow episodes at the start of the series where there's just a lot of brooding, which is typical of Netflix shows where they really drag things out.

Ok
Well if you watch episode 11, that's of course when the momentum starts moving and the action begins to ramp up. But you've got to sit through some really slow episodes at the start of the series where there's just a lot of brooding, which is typical of Netflix shows where they really drag things out.

I've watched all the Daredevil episodes with Frank, most of season 2 and now season 1.

This show is easily the best of any series done by Marvel, and Bernthal is amazing as Frank - what a performance, especially when you see him as Frank before the carousel massacre and the Frank afterwards. **** mate, he even kills Clancy Brown, I mean that's something every super vigilante should do.

My only gripes were about the courtroom scenes, because the writers didn't do their homework ( I used to be a lawyer). Matt is cross examining a prosecution witness and the DA objects because he's "leading " the witness. This is trial 101, in cross examination not only are you allowed to ask leading questions, it's encouraged because you are trying to pick apart the previous evidence from that witness. This is probably why Matt asks the judge to treat Frank as a hostile witness, but Matt doesn't ask a question he merely makes a bunch of statements about Frank - any DA with half a brain cell would have objected after about 10 seconds and it been upheld, on the basis that Matt was giving evidence himself, which he's not allowed to do. That speech should have been part of his closing arguments.

I know, ****ing nitpicks, but other than that I have loved the Punisher!

Never cared much for him before, but this series has made me a full on fan. I'm gutted we didn't get and never will get a season 3.

Mate, the best possible Punisher ! They took him from a 2D comic character and made him a complete man we can relate to. Well written, even season 2 - and Bernthal absolutely commits 100%

What a great show, a million times better than that **** on Disney+, the characters are complicated and have understandable, if twisted, motivations. Would have liked to see Frank take on organized crime, but great to get resolution to Russo's story, and see his complete fall.

It's the great supporting cast that help round out Frank, especially Curtis, Madani and Amy.

Anyway, I wasn't a fan before- didn't hate the character but never really cared for him - this show totally changed that. This Punisher is one of the best comic book adaptations ever.

Just finished season 2 - not as tightly written as S1, but still a good watch. The Micro storyline was brilliantly woven into Frank's own history, and the gradual development of their partnership/ friendship was perfectly paced and believable.

Probably the weakest part was the psychiatrist/Billy angle as it gave us one plot thread too many.

Bernthal was great as Frank, Barnes was terrific as Billy ( got a chill when I heard "Rooster" in Ep13).

Unlike so many MCU heroes ( except Cap in TWS) we actually see the effects of injuries on Frank ( yeah, he recovers quickly, but always after medical treatment) - it makes Black Widow look ****ing laughable as she takes falls and blows that should leave her a pulpy, bloody mess.

Really sad the show is over - so much potential.

Will have to rewatch S1 every so often to get my fill of Pete Castiglione.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"