The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

It's crazy to me that people do like that movie. Are you guys being serious right now? You actually like it?

It's crazy to me that people do like that movie. Are you guys being serious right now? You actually like it?
Yeah, it's like an intentionally ridiculous and over the top cartoon. They deliberately made it as 80s shlocky action B-movie as possible and I love that. I actually just watched it for the first time a few months ago after my friend told me he watched it and was also surprised at how much he enjoyed its stupidity.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/punisher-war-zone-director-lexi-alexander-on-the-curio-1830877179

Last edited:
The growl seems to come on when he's hurt but psyched about doing some violence. I like it.

I really couldn't get into the storylines, and none of the supporting cast got beyond just tolerable...but Bernthal as Punisher is just too freaking awesome to not love. I REALLY hope that Marvel keeps him around, regardless of whether or not the events of the series are ever mentioned.

The growl seems to come on when he's hurt but psyched about doing some violence. I like it.

I really couldn't get into the storylines, and none of the supporting cast got beyond just tolerable...but Bernthal as Punisher is just too freaking awesome to not love. I REALLY hope that Marvel keeps him around, regardless of whether or not the events of the series are ever mentioned.
That's my problem with all SH shows. I never care about the supporting cast. But when you need to fill like 13 hours of content you have to add supporting characters. Usually who are not that interesting.

Especially with The Punisher. He's a type of character who would benefit from a more anthology type season approach.

Last edited:
Watching War Zone again rn

God I love this movie. Loony Bin Jim has to be one of the greatest original characters made for film in a CBM.

Ew. I seen this premiere night, felt dirty after. You seriously prefer that mockery to this?

Watched the first four episodes today and yeah its pretty awesome so far. I love the fact that it is hitting the ground running and we don't have to wait until nearly half of the season is over to get into the action like we did with the last season, because as much as I did love Season 1 it took way too long to get to the good stuff.

Watched the first four episodes today and yeah its pretty awesome so far. I love the fact that it is hitting the ground running and we don't have to wait until nearly half of the season is over to get into the action like we did with the last season, because as much as I did love Season 1 it took way too long to get to the good stuff.
Glad to hear that. I liked that stuff in season 1 but want more action early on from season 2.

I'm at episode 5 now. The first two episodes were very good, but 3, 4 and now 5 seemed to have turned into the Billy Russo/preacher man show. I don't give a crap about the psychology of some whack job, I'm watching the show for The Punisher. And he seems to be taking a back seat these last three episodes.

Finished the season this morning.....

The Last Of Us (Punisher Edition)

Finished episode 6 last night

Me whenever Frank is killing people:
c6E7ucx.jpg

Just started Episode 11. I've really enjoyed the action scenes this season. I love Jon Bernthal as The Punisher. He knows how to humanize Frank, but also make him as brutal as the comic book version. He also wears the skull alot more than season 1.

I have to say I'm disappointed in Jigsaw and Pilgrim as villains. I'm really not enjoying the whole subplot with Krista. It was interesting at first but it goes on way too long. So much time wasted on psychology nonsense. I don't even know why she's even in this to be honest. Madani is also wasted this season. She really doesn't do anything and she's supposed to be an Agent for Homeland Security.

Last edited:
Devil's Advocate here - would Frank Grillo have been just as good, if not better, than Bernthal?

This won't happen. But if it did, it would be amazing:

'The Punisher' EP Wants Daredevil & Kingpin For Season 3

While talking with the executive producer of The Punisher, Steve Lightfoot, we discussed the possible inclusion of characters and actors from canceled Marvel & Netflix series in a potential third season.

“Yeah. All those guys are great. Obviously Daredevil and Punisher have a lot of history and story between them in the comic books. So it would be great to dig into some of that. Also villains like the Kingpin who was featured in quite a lot of the Punisher books as well. So it would be fantastic to get some of those guys back into the show if we can make it work.”

Just finished season 2 and I loved it. Enjoyed it a lot more than the 1st season, though I'd really wish they would have just focused on one villain rather than two. John Pilgrim and Billy were both good but it did seem like too much having two villains.

Now we wait for its unfortunate cancellation :csad:

I still don't understand these Netflix cancellations, though I am surprised they've not announced the Punisher as cancelled yet. In any case, in the rare event if remains, it's a no brainer to bring the likes of DD (and co) back.

Shame it'll never happen cause some moron made a bad decision.

Disney is starting their own premium streaming service. And I guess the Marvel/Netflix deal has run its course for Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"