The Punisher The Punisher - General Discussion Thread

I would have thought they would have used Rooster for the trailer.
Yeah, that thought occurred to me as well. That being said, there's something wonderfully broken about Would that fits well, especially because it deals with addiction (and raises the idea of Frank being addicted to the Punisher).

I would have thought they would have used Rooster for the trailer. But I liked how The Punisher and Luke Cage uses classic rock and golden age hip-hop respectively.

Thank you for referring to Alice in Chains as "classic rock" and making me realize how old I am.

Rooster would've worked well in a more general thematic sense, but Would is actually perfect for this trailer when you take into consideration the themes and narrative of the season. As a matter of fact, Alice in Chains in general is just a great soundtrack for the character. Early Metallica too, for that matter. The people picking these songs for the trailers are doing a great job.

Thank you for referring to Alice in Chains as "classic rock" and making me realize how old I am.
Yeah, I was shocked when I heard a Classic Rock station play Basket Case by Green Day. I mean, the song is 25 years old, but it just feels wrong. I'm a little more tolerant of Pearl Jam because I think they have more classic rock influences that fit in a little easier but it seems bands that were always more alternative should have a different home.

Yeah, I was shocked when I heard a Classic Rock station play Basket Case by Green Day. I mean, the song is 25 years old, but it just feels wrong. I'm a little more tolerant of Pearl Jam because I think they have more classic rock influences that fit in a little easier but it seems bands that were always more alternative should have a different home.

Well, I guess classic rock by definition was never really a specific genre, but simply older rock and roll in general. That makes sense, since it actually gathers several different actual sub-genres of rock and roll music under its umbrella. The thing is, the music that I've come to define as classic rock (and I believe that must be true to you as well) is everything up to the late 70's, at the most. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Blue Öyster Cult, Steppenwolf, Lynyrd Skynyrd, early AC/DC... That's what my brain usually understands when someone says "classic rock". But then you start to think about it and you realize that our classic rock was just the music of the previous generation and that the rock that was a part of our youth is now just as old to the younger folks as our classic rock was to us. Alice in Chains and other bands from the 90's are all just as old now as Led Zeppelin was when Alice in Chains first showed up on the scene. Actually, Alice in Chains is now OLDER than Led Zeppelin was when Alice in Chains released their first album. So I guess Alice in Chains and Green Day really are classic rock now and I'm just an old fart.

Anyway, existential derailing of the thread over.

Last edited:
I freak'n loved hearing Would in this trailer. Sorry I'm late to the gushing, I just watched it tonight.

What I'm watching of Season 2, I'm enjoying it more than the first season. It feels a bit more like Punisher this season. Less of the nonsense from season 1. Still not perfect and a ways to go, but it is an improvement.

Oh season 2 is out now?

I may go to bed slightly early tonight and wake up around 3:30 so I can get in an episode or 2 before work. If I do that I just need to make sure I have a few energy drinks ready, lol.

It drops 9 AM so by the time I come home from office half of my girlfriends will be perving over Frank for hours already lol

Watching War Zone again rn

God I love this movie. Loony Bin Jim has to be one of the greatest original characters made for film in a CBM.

just started episode 1 and it makes me sad knowing this is going to get canceled cuz Jon Bernthal is so perfect as Frank

I am going to start it around 6pm tonight. I set an alarm to watch an episode or 2 before work at 3:30, but I was so tired I just went to sleep. My goal is to finish the season before the NFL games Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"