The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still firmly resolute in my defiance. I will not be watching any more of TWD. FTWD is borderline but it so far has not angered me enough to quit.

It's really that simple. It doesn't require an organized boycott campaign. Just stop tuning in.

Fans are angry, but maybe that's what AMC wants. They want emotion and they want controversy. Fans say they are angry and they post angry tweets and angry messages on forums...but they still tune in :D . The ratings for the finale were record-breaking. The premiere will also probably have huge ratings. Obviously, the anger fans were feeling were not that deep if that turns out to be the case.

I really can't fathom anyone being that angry over the Walking Dead franchise. The shows are silly, watchable fluff. That's it.

Wow, so Kirkman wrote an open letter to the fans about the finale and the backlash. And of course he stands by the cliffhanger and all that and feeds more excuses. Here.

walking-dead-letter-negan-bf1eb.jpg

I stopped reading after the first paragraph when he thought we were idiots by stating "We weren't trying to game the audience [...] weren't trying to FORCE you to come back for season 7."

**** him. He knows they ****ed up. There is absolutely nothing they can do in the S7 premiere to make up for that **** ending.

So the old explanation was that "the death is the beginning of a new story / chapter." Also "we loved the mystery of trying to guess what was in the hatch on LOST."

Now the explanation is "we did it so you'd be hopeful not sad between seasons."

all he had to say was "yea we ****ed up" and all would be forgiven lol

He wouldn't be forgiven by me but others might bend to a weak "my bad" apology from them. They knew this was a bad idea but gambled on the backlash not being as loud and angry as it is.

Kirkman should have just reminded us that "no one is safe" even though we know there are some characters that won't be killed off.

I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms right now. It feels like years since season 6 ended. Is it fall yet? :csad::csad::csad:

I've been reading they've been filming the season out of order as well as going through extreme preventive measures so it isn't leaked who died. I find it funny because I'm sure it's really a big nuisance going through all this when they could have just shown us at the end of the season.

It's pointless to do all that. Someone only has to look and see who is not present at any of the filming and you know who died. There's no sign of Glenn? He must be it. Or if it was Maggie or Daryl or anyone else. The distinct lack of a character, especially when filmed out of order like that is a dead giveaway as to who was killed.

I think AMC realized they pushed the fans too hard on this one and are trying to minimize the damage by making it as hard as possible to find out who died because they know as soon as it's found out they will lose a chunk of their premiere viewership. It has only back fired as they threatened to sue Spoiling the Dead if they so much as guess over it.

I'm with you. I also read they've been filming behind giant wooden fences to keep out anyone from snapping pictures. It all just seems like excessive work.

AMC are a bunch of B****es for threatening to sue.

By the looks of things and who's been seen on set and set photos, it looks like it wasn't Daryl that got it like everyone kept predicting.

My money is still on [BLACKOUT]Glenn[/BLACKOUT]. [BLACKOUT]Word is he hasn't been seen on set since the first episode wrapped and is in South Korea filming Okja.[/BLACKOUT]

in a few weeks, there will be no doubt about who got lucciled.

#notagoodcliffangher

How so? I doubt they'd show anything at Comic Con.

probably not, but even though they are shooting out of order, there will be a point where we will know who was on set, and who has never been seen.

I read the other day that they apparently filmed scenes showing everyone of the cast getting friendly with Lucille, in order to keep people confused. THat's a lot of extra work on their part, along with what you guys mentioned with filming behind big fences and stuff.

And ultimately pointless once they begin filming other episodes and people see who isn't among the cast anymore.

39LuFKV.jpg

Anchor Bay Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on Blu-ray The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season. The release will be available for purchase on August 23.

Just like the previous award-winning home entertainment releases, The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season will take fans down The Walking Dead memory lane so they can relive all of the season's most haunting and indelible moments.

Season Six starts with Alexandria's safety shattered by multiple threats. To make it, the people of Alexandria will need to catch up with our survivors' hardness while many of Rick's people will need to take a step back from the violence and pragmatism they've needed to embrace. These reversals won't happen easily, or without conflict. But now Rick's group is fighting for something more than survival... They're fighting for their home, and they will defend that at any cost, against any threat, even if that threat comes from within.

The Walking Dead: The Complete Sixth Season cast includes Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Lennie James, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Sonequa Martin-Green, Seth Gilliam, Michael Cudlitz, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt, Ross Marquand, Austin Nichols, Alexandra Breckenridge and Tovah Feldshuh.

Special Features:
  • Episode 616: Last Day On Earth -- The Extended Version (Blu-ray exclusive)
  • Audio Commentaries
  • Deleted Scenes
  • The Making of The Walking Dead
  • In Memoriam
  • 601: Out of The Quarry
  • Guts & Glory: The Death of Nicholas
  • Strength in Bonds
  • Negan: Someone to Fear
  • The Face of Death: Iconic Walkers of The Season
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19278

Really not feeling that cover art. Seems really lazy and it doesn't mesh with the other seasons. I would have gone with this for the cover:

twds6b_hillsideclean_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back