The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

I guess, but there's still going to be a lot of criticism due to the similarities. It's not even like they can pull the old "We were in production before The Last of Us aired so it's purely coincidental" since the game has been out for 10 years. They also copied an element from the second game in Dead City so I'm side eyeing this a bit.

I already thought the ending of The Last of Us Part II copied TWD's Season 8 finale.

Rick/Ellie is about to kill Negan/Abby, they have a quick flash of Carl/Joel, and then decide to spare them.

Glad that Daryl Dixon is getting pretty good reviews so far. Looking forward to Sunday.

Still no UK date for Dead City or Daryl Dixon it seems :angryface:

Guess I'll give Daryl a look. Curious to see where he ends up after the main show ended. While I didn't love Dead City, I did enjoy a lot and it ended up being better than I expected. So while my passion for The Walking Dead still isn't what it once was, if Dead City is any indication, yeah AMC is milking the franchise, but there's still life in it.

The first episode of Daryl Dixon was released early on AMC+ and airs tonight on cable. I loved it. Gritty, cool atmosphere, good music, nice cinematography, top-notch production value. Isabelle (Clemence Poesy) seems like an interesting addition to the TWDU. This series is already off to a much better start than Dead City.

Saw the premiere for Daryl Dixon and you know what? Solid start. Like Dead City with New York, the change of scenery was a nice change of pace and seeing Daryl outnumbered and out of his element changes things up. The comparisons to The Last of Us are there with a kid being a key to everything, yes, that's unavoidable, but right now, it's off to a good start.

Curious about these walkers bleeding what looks like acid.

I agree it was a great opener. I like that it has a different feel than Dead City and hope the other solos are like that, too. Better than them all being the same. :)

Very good first episode. Like others have said I also like that this is unique and different from Dead City and the more different these spin-offs are the more better off they’ll be. Norman is great as usual and the rest of the supporting cast we’ll be following throughout the coming weeks are interesting. The score and production feel cinematic and give the series an epic feel. Looking forward to the next episode.

Last edited:

Less then Dead City Premiere but still good.

How did Witches beat out Interview with the Vampire? It was far superior right from the jump.

Solid, but definitely a sign that while The Walking Dead franchise can still get viewers, it can't get the commanding millions it once did at its peak.

How did Witches beat out Interview with the Vampire? It was far superior right from the jump.
Right… I mean overall I liked Mayfair Witches but it did start to lose me a little towards the end. Interview with the Vampire had me hooked throughout especially comparing first episodes.

Solid, but definitely a sign that while The Walking Dead franchise can still get viewers, it can't get the commanding millions it once did at its peak.
Yeah those days of Millions of viewers are definitely over but AMC is happy with the current thousand viewership numbers so they can drag this franchise out for as long as they can but imo I’ll keep watching if they can make them all different and interesting like Dead City and Daryl Dixon so far.

I am looking forward to the viewership numbers for Rick and Michonne (The Ones Who Live) series because I can see that reaching at least 1 or 2 million viewers for at least the first episode with people who are diehards and those who jumped ship from the franchise interested in seeing those two characters again.

Another good episode but those Last of Us comparisons won’t stop after this episode but man that ending was still emotional.

I love how so many people in France can speak perfect English. I have no need to learn the language after all because everyone else can just speak my language!

Joking aside, yesterday's episode was fine. Really enjoyed the opening and seeing the start of the outbreak, especially that train station sequence where the train just rolled by, filled with the undead.

Well deserved. It's a good show. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"