The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised, this season has been so uninteresting. Plus there's so many better things to watch.

It's been downhill for me ever since Negan was introduced. I like the actor but the character has been a bore. :(

I think the season started quite well but they do love to drag everything out, and while the hardcore comic fans might be ok with the Negan stuff I still maintain it's taken way too long for the general audience to see him get what he has coming from either Rick or Maggie.

Not surprised, this season has been so uninteresting. Plus there's so many better things to watch.

There aren't on a Sunday Night. This coming Sunday, the big networks offer: America's Funniest Home Videos, The Miss Universe Pageant, an NFL game, and something called "Wisdom of the Crowd." I'd rather watch Walking Dead reruns than any of that.

They need to stop dragging stuff out with filler episodes.

I think some of it is that Negan isn't that much different than the Governor. Both mean, both cruel. It's like we did this already. :(

And honestly, the Governor was a scarier villain. The problem with making Negan so comedic is it undercuts his scariness. He committed maybe the most atrocious act committed on the show, and yet, he's never come nearly as close to being as dangerous. Killing Glenn and Abraham was so large an act that it seems he'll never be able to top it.

I think the biggest problem, though, and it's a problem that started some time in the last two seasons, is the feeling that the show's hands are tied when it comes to the budget, which in turn has a negative impact on the writing. Consider that Michonne has barely been present in five episodes. Or Negan.

There aren't on a Sunday Night. This coming Sunday, the big networks offer: America's Funniest Home Videos, The Miss Universe Pageant, an NFL game, and something called "Wisdom of the Crowd." I'd rather watch Walking Dead reruns than any of that.

Not everyone watches shows when they air...

Sunday was the first time I didn't watch it that night. I watched The Punisher instead. The hype just isn't there anymore. :csad:

The only reason I like to watch it the night of is to avoid spoilers. I can't get on facebook or twitter without someone making a comment that I see almost 2 seconds after logging on.

It does suck I've been a fan and a faithful watcher for a while now. But it does seem that the budget has affected the quality of the writing and the overall look of the show. I have a lot of friends who I used to watch the show with that have all stopped watching. I still watch because in the end I'm still a fan of the characters and the actors that play them, but even I'll admit this season has looked like a continuation of last season especially with last week's mostly filler episode with Negan. I hope things pick up because I just can't shake the love I have for Rick, Daryl, Maggie and the gang.

The only reason I like to watch it the night of is to avoid spoilers. I can't get on facebook or twitter without someone making a comment that I see almost 2 seconds after logging on.

The thing I've found is that there are fewer and fewer TWD spoilers on my newsfeed as the seasons have gone on. People just aren't as interested anymore, and it's all because of the drawn out seasons and filler episodes.

There are less people in the threads here as it airs, too. :(

Well, seems we'll learn about the whole 'crossover' between this and Fear during tomorrow's episode.

Hope it's worth the anticipation. :p

AMC is probably hoping this crossover will boost interest/ratings in this show again.

Anyways the entire Season 7 should've been condensed into 7a, while 7b should've been the entire All Out War arc. I don't think the show needs a whole season to cover All Out War. And so far Season 8 hasn't proven me wrong. Also unlike the comics AMC needs come up with an end game. They can't prolong the show like the comics without becoming stale and redundant. TPTB should consider ending the show by Season 10, but unfortunately AMC will milk this show dry for every penny.

You can keep a show going as long as you keep it fresh. :(

You're presenting some doomsday scenario like this is the end of the line for the show when it isn't. Plus, so long as the comic's ongoing, there's material to mine, and even with the ratings being what they are, something like 7.9 million is still something you know a ton of Sunday shows that aren't football games at that time slot would easily take.

Ugh. So [blackout]Lenny[/blackout] is leaving TWD for FTWD. :argh:

The actor who plays Morgan just announced that he is leaving the show and will be moving to (as he said) "Fear of the Walking Dead."

He's clearly so excited about the show that he forgot to learn the name of it.

Well, if anything, I wager Morgan will bring a bit of a boost for views on Fear for those interested on where his character goes.

This news can only help that show.

Ugh. So [blackout]Lenny[/blackout] is leaving TWD for FTWD. :argh:
oKzdVom.gif

Not a fan of this news...

That doesn't make sense because Morgan was in Atlanta for most of the zombie apocalypse. FTWD seasons 1-3 has only taken place two months into the zombie apocalypse, which is when Rick woke from his coma and crossed paths with Morgan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"