The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyreese may have forgiven Carol, but I still haven't. :o

And honestly, I prefer TV Governor. Comic Gov was fantastic for shock value, but TV Gov actually had layers.
Agreed. Not that he was bad in the comics, but the TV version just added so much to the character to me. He wasn't just a 100% evil one-note villain like the comics version.

Carol is the only character who is better than her comic book counterpart, and it took her over 3 seasons to get there. So I don't see how one improved character evens anything out. And in no way is she better than comic Andrea, Tyreese and Carl combined. Sorry but no way.
Sorry, but yes she absolutely is. Shane on TV was far better than comic Shane too. TV Lori was only slightly more annoying than her comic counterpart. TV Rosita actually has a personality, so that's an improvement IMO. Michonne and Rick are about even. I think I actually prefer TV Michonne, the more that I think about it.

What you call adding layers, I call softening him.
What you call softening, I call making him actually interesting. Plus, I think it might have been smarter in the long run to make him the straight up sadist that he was in the comic. If they did that, it probably would seem a bit redundant when they bring in Negan.

I prefer TV Maggie and Glenn too.

Sorry, but yes she absolutely is. Shane on TV was far better than comic Shane too. TV Lori was only slightly more annoying than her comic counterpart. TV Rosita actually has a personality, so that's an improvement IMO. Michonne and Rick are about even. I think I actually prefer TV Michonne, the more that I think about it.

Sorry but no she absolutely isn't, and the fact that you failed to offer any reasons why you believe this other than posting some silly >>>>>>>> remark makes me think you haven't got any decent reasons to give. TV Carol is awesome, but she isn't so great that she dwarfs several of the great comic book characters together.

Shane was a toxic pain in the ass in the show. He out stayed his welcome by a whole season. There was no reason to extend his stay past season one. Going around with his shaved head, acting like an a-hole, and oogling Lori all the time. I couldn't wait for him to die. The comic book version was more concise and used effectively. Less is more in this case. Rosita has ten times more personality in the comics. I don't know how you can think otherwise with all the crap she went through with Abraham, and now
the whole relationship with Eugene
. TV Rosita has been mainly just been standing around looking hot so far and firing off a gun. Maybe in 3 seasons time she'll be better like Carol is :o

Comic Michonne and Rick are far more complex and fleshed out. I say that as someone who loves their TV versions, but the comics have gone into areas the show has not, or severely toned down some of the most interesting storylines at the expense of the characters.
Both characters have also shown more human and sensitive sides. Michonne has pursued relationships with both Morgan and Tyreese and both relationships revealed more vulnerabilities and insecurities about her, and Rick has a relationship with Andrea now.

What you call softening, I call making him actually interesting.

Making him go doe eyed over a surrogate family, and banging Andrea didn't make him more interesting. It just made him look softer. There was nothing in the TV version that the comic version didn't do more effectively.
The comic version showed his family devotion in a far more effective and sicker way. The love he felt for his zombie daughter, even making out with her after he pulled out all her teeth so she couldn't bite him. Getting a "babysitter" for her etc. This was a Gov who had the sense of family love, but didn't look like soft doing it. He looked like a demented sicko. We didn't need to see this guy take some living family under his wing to know he has a warped love for family.

I'm not dissing Morrissey's Gov, I love him, he's awesome. But he's tame compared to the comic version. The two best things that the show did is eventually developing Carol into such a strong character, and giving us Daryl and Merle (who would both be put into the comics if I had my way).

Last edited:
I absolutely hated TV Andrea and absolutely adore comic Andrea.

Also it is a shame this show isn't on a channel such as HBO or Showtime etc. Because they really could've pulled off comic Governor with his torture of Michonne and her revenge on him. Which is some gruesome **** in the comic which obviously they didn't really give us on the show.

Also it is a shame this show isn't on a channel such as HBO or Showtime etc. Because they really could've pulled off comic Governor with his torture of Michonne and her revenge on him. Which is some gruesome **** in the comic which obviously they didn't really give us on the show.
HBO wanted them to tone down the violence which is why they went to AMC instead instead so they wouldn't have to if you can believe it, lol.

Well they could've made it to another channel like a showtime perhaps to be be able to show a bit more. Just to go that extra step. If you read the comics (not sure if you do) then the stuff with Michonne and governor you'll know what I am talking about.

Yeah I do read the comics so I know what you're referring to. Do you really think they weren't allowed to do that on AMC or do you think they just wanted to go in a different direction with the show?

I'm not really too sure actually. I think as someone said in this thread, they wanted to make the governor a sympathetic villain. Obviously they weren't gonna show him raping Michonne. And they weren't gonna show her nailing his dick to a board. But I dunno I like both takes on the character and the situation the two of them. But the comic is superior in my mind and Michonne had more reason to torture him and take his eye on the comic over the show.

I just read an actual article on Huffington Post about why the walking dead's shaved armpits are sexist...

:o

Seriously, how many man hours were wasted on probably the most trivial bit of bulls**t I've ever seen

It mad me laugh at its inanity and cry at the stupidity of American Media all at the same time

I just read an actual article on Huffington Post about why the walking dead's shaved armpits are sexist...

Seriously, how many man hours were wasted on probably the most trivial bit of bulls**t I've ever seen

It mad me laugh at its inanity and cry at the stupidity of American Media all at the same time

:funny:

Wow. I think the show has dropped in quality big time, but this is just stupid.

I read that article and it was beyond laughable. One of the last criticisms I've also heard is that the show is intentionally emasculating all of the male characters to push a hardline feminist agenda. The apophenia directed at TWD is monumentally ridiculous.

Rick is not a very trusting guy, lol. :p

I'm liking this episode, can't wait to see what happens next. Hopefully they return in an hour!

Would have been funny if Aaron was like, hi have you guys seen my dogs? Was out taking them on a potty run they got away from me.

Michone should sign up for an auto repair class. :p

Women are so gullible! I can't believe they fell for this guy. If this was real and I was in the group, I'd back up Rick. I wouldn't trust a mofo!

Women are so gullible! I can't believe they fell for this guy. If this was real and I was in the group, I'd back up Rick. I wouldn't trust a mofo!

This.

Also, Rick has been right every time recently, and the group keeps bucking him. Rick has more than proven himself lately.

Rick needs to shave, is what he needs. That beard is out of control. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"