The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the actress who plays Tara get paid for the last few episodes?

I haven't read the comics so I only have a vague outline of who/what went down in Alexandria so this is going to be quite interesting to see how they handle it, what with some of the comic versions being dead in the series and some of the series characters not even existing in the comics or being in different positions.

If we don't get to Negan this season, we'll definitely have to next season, right?

Yeah since Negan is a key part to the whole Alexandria storyline.

Yeah but there was a ton of stuff that happened before he showed up in the comics. If anything we should see Douglas Monroe in next week's episode.

The best ep since the show returned IMO, poor Glen and Michonne having to clean that car up after they went walker skittling! No car wash can save that thing now but I bet Hot Wheels make a replica in several scales for a tidy profit. :D

The lighting in the sequence where they were battling the walkers in the woods reminded me of Platoon.

The tension being built with Rick and Michonne paid off well in this ep and I liked the Rick and Glen scenes as well, the latter is growing into a stronger voice in the group. The little exchange between Rick and Carol at the end was a stark reminder of how much both have changed across the course of the show.

Negan... so far... is THE big bad. the Governor was a choir boy.

and he is coming this season.

I think I might have asked this before but is Negan the next major big bad?

Yes, he is. He's a great villain. But they'll have to tone down his potty mouth for the show. In the comic every second word out of his mouth is a swear word lol.

I disagree. What's he done that's worse than The Governor? Remember to use spoiler tags because some of these people here haven't read the comics.

In the comic The Governor's killed Tyreese, Hershel, Lori, Judith, Axel, Hershel's son Billy, Patricia. Not to mention he cut off Rick's right hand, and he beat and raped Michonne several times over.

Last edited:
Yes, he is. He's a great villain. But they'll have to tone down his potty mouth for the show. In the comic every second word out of his mouth is a swear word lol.

I disagree. What's he done that's worse than The Governor? Remember to use spoiler tags because some of these people here haven't read the comics.

In the comic The Governor's killed Tyreese, Hershel, Lori, Judith, Axel, Hershel's son Billy, Patricia. Not to mention he cut off Rick's right hand, and he beat and raped Michonne several times over.

its not just about who has done worse things... its who is the better villain. I just think if the Governor were to roll up to Negan, Negan would laugh in his face.

Governor rapes Michonne, yep...But Negan has like 5 'wives'... I highly doubt they are willing. ...... Glenn (which is going to ruin peoples lives lol)... his general attitude/evil dictator ways... he is the governor, just more calculating and doesn't lose his cool. He has less weaknesses.

Like i said, Negan just seems more of a threat and his story isn't even finished.

its not just about who has done worse things... its who is the better villain. I just think if the Governor were to roll up to Negan, Negan would laugh in his face.

I don't think he would. I think generally he would have been intimidated.
The Governor ruled a whole town. Negan just had a dingy guarded building that even Carl was able to break into. The Governor kept severed heads in TV casings. The Governor kept his zombie daughter in his apartment (and even made out with her after he pulled all her teeth out so she couldn't bite him). Negan even had some moral standards, like he couldn't stand rapists.

I think the only thing Negan has over The Governor is he's been around longer in the comic. But then Kirkman says he regrets killing The Governor, and would definitely have brought him back. But overall The Governor was a nastier, creepier villain. So far anyway. Negan is still alive in the comic and may do something worse than the Governor did in the future. But so far The Governor has inflicted far more damage on Rick and his group than Negan ever did.

I haven't read the comic, so I can't comment on who is the bigger bad or whatever. But as far as the show goes, Negan has got a lot to live up to because the Gov is one of the best villains EVER, IMO. Even just having a little cameo by him in that recent episode elevated it because he is so ****ing great.

Though I do have to admit, I found Gareth and his group of turds to be even more loathsome. While the Governor is a vicious psychopath, he's also the kind of bad guy that I wanted to see make it out alive and keep coming back. The Termites were the type of a**holes that I just wanted to see get wiped off the face of the planet immediately.

I think that's because the Terminus crowd had no charm to them. The Governor was a charming villain. He also had a bit of a sympathetic side to him, too. The Terminus crowd were just scum. Not to mention not nearly as developed as the Gov was.

Last edited:
Yeah. They were irredeemable in any way, shape or form. There's really no excuse for the sh** they did. Yes, it's a shame that they were once good people who were tortured and raped. But that doesn't give you the right to start f***ing eating people. If they were just uber-paranoid and willing to kill anyone that came near them (like Morgan was) I could understand that. But turning people into your food? That's just despicable on every possible level. I'm glad they all died in a horribly painful fashion.

and he is coming this season.

Reading the back and forth between you guys has me intrigued! :shr:

Yeah. They were irredeemable in any way, shape or form. There's really no excuse for the sh** they did. Yes, it's a shame that they were once good people who were tortured and raped. But that doesn't give you the right to start f***ing eating people. If they were just uber-paranoid and willing to kill anyone that came near them (like Morgan was) I could understand that. But turning people into your food? That's just despicable on every possible level. I'm glad they all died in a horribly painful fashion.

Exactly. What made them worse is they played on people's hopes by promising them a safe sanctuary with Terminus, when they were just really calling the cattle in for the slaughter.

Reading the back and forth between you guys has me intrigued! :shr:

You should be. Negan is awesome. He should give the show the dramatic shake up it needs.

Yeah but there was a ton of stuff that happened before he showed up in the comics. If anything we should see Douglas Monroe in next week's episode.

So we'll get the infamous Monroe shooting Carl's eye out or will they kick it to Daryl, Tara, Sasha, or Noah?

I haven't read the comic, so I can't comment on who is the bigger bad or whatever. But as far as the show goes, Negan has got a lot to live up to because the Gov is one of the best villains EVER, IMO. Even just having a little cameo by him in that recent episode elevated it because he is so ****ing great.

Agreed, loved The Governer, and my fellow scouser Morrissey played him brilliantly. I was always riveted when he was on screen as I wouldn't know what he would do next.

So, there's a group of people out there that still think Beth is alive even tho she had an on screen death and her brains went all over Rick.

What.

So, there's a group of people out there that still think Beth is alive even tho she had an on screen death and her brains went all over Rick.

What.
Some folks just can't face the inevitable. :p

I don't think they'll do that. That was one of the times I freaked out reading the comics , along with the fleeing of the prison
Lori and Judith
. I took quite the hiatus from the comics, lines were crossed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"