The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

It's been a fun ride. :D
Yeah it really has been and I am enjoying it more than Dead City which I liked a lot. Can’t wait for the finale and season 2. Even better now that Carol will join Daryl on this European adventure.

If I remember correctly, wasn't the original plan for Carol to be in the Daryl spinoff but McBride didn't want to do it?
Okay, that title sucks. I get it, but it's way longer than it needs to be. Even if they had to find a way to get Carol's name in there somehow.
I'm starting to hate these "Book Of..." titles between this and Boba Fett. A better title would have been "Carol Follows Daryl" after the Run DMC lyrics. :o
TERRY O’QUINN???? :eek:
9elqx.gif

That's absolutely right, the spin-off was originally supposed to have both Daryl and Carol.

All Daryl had to do was just stay under the truck. We've seen how well staying under objects worked for Glenn.

Yeah that was a great emotional finale. I get The Last of Us comparisons with the basic set up of the premise but as the season went on the series started to differentiate it self imo. Like I stated before the France setting and the production with the haunting and beautiful orchestral score really set this series apart from the main series and the other spin-offs which made this show really unique in TWDU. Looking forward to where the cast and crew take season 2 and for Daryl and Carol to be reunited. Now bring on those final episodes of FTWD which from the trailers should be an epic ending.

I'll check it out. All things considered, Dead City and the Daryl show were better than I expected them to be. Scott Gimple being involved with this does give me pause, but for the general audience, I'm sure having Rick front and center again will be a big draw.

The Maggie/Negan show was a mixed bag, but Daryl Dixon was great and this looks great too. The post-TWD landscape of fragmented storylines seems to be going well IMO.

The Maggie/Negan show was a mixed bag, but Daryl Dixon was great and this looks great too. The post-TWD landscape of fragmented storylines seems to be going well IMO.
Yeah I’ve really enjoyed the spinoffs overall and they have been pretty successful for AMC and the fans more or less. Dead City was pretty good but Daryl was better in general. Really looking TOWL especially after that trailer. Like I’ve stated before there’s some life left in this franchise and the spinoffs have proven that at least imo.

The spinoffs have been mostly good but I definitely don't think they should milk them like they did with the main show. Let them go for like three seasons each and that's it. I'm not even sure we're getting that many for The Ones Who Live since Andrew Lincoln got tired of being on the main show to begin with so I can't imagine him wanting to stick around for long now.

If there is life for The Ones Who Live beyond just this season, I feel like it probably won’t be a regular, yearly series. But I do feel like if there is an “end” to this franchise, it has to be all these disparate elements coming back together for a grand finale. Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Morgan, etc.

If there is life for The Ones Who Live beyond just this season, I feel like it probably won’t be a regular, yearly series. But I do feel like if there is an “end” to this franchise, it has to be all these disparate elements coming back together for a grand finale. Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Morgan, etc.
A fan asked Scott Gimple at this past NYCC panel for Daryl Dixon that if all of these spinoffs are leading to a big crossover and he seemed to hint that was the case. I also hope that it will lead to a conclusion for the franchise. Better than what the Arrowverse got at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"