The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping they pick up & maintain the pace this season. Last season was waay too underwhelming

That was a very well-paced episode with some very artistic visuals. I never thought there would be a place for a Weird Al song on TWD, but they made it happen. :woot:

A nice episode. Finally we got to see the budget actually conveyed on the screen.

a lot of wasted bullets lol that's kind of annoying. it's all spectacle now, the writing isn't that good.

Crew of 10 people unload an entire clip at one guy hiding behind a car. Intriguing.

a lot of wasted bullets lol that's kind of annoying. it's all spectacle now, the writing isn't that good.

Crew of 10 people unload an entire clip at one guy hiding behind a car. Intriguing.

That was my thought too. :( I mean it's not like they have unlimited ammo.....

‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Down From 2016 Series High In Season 8 Debut
Deadline said:
After all the hype, the Season 6 cliffhanger finale and the double death of the Season 7 opener, nobody expected The Walking Dead to return this year at record heights, even if the AMC blockbuster was celebrating its 100th episode. So Sunday’s season opener, “Mercy,” took a double-digit ratings dive and met expectations, so to speak.

The Season 8 premiere of the zombie apocalypse series snagged 11.4 million total viewers and 6.5 million adults 18-49 for a 5.0 rating. That’s down 40% in the demo and 33% in total audience from the Season 7 opener of October 23, 2016. When some straggler adjustments are made, the Season 7 debut is virtually even with TWD’s Season 5 opener for an all-time season high.

Overall, with a slight 5% uptick in viewers and 1% in the key demo over the latter part of Season 7 averages, the Season 8 premiere is the show’s fourth-best debut yet. Eight seasons in, TWD can still hold its head high that for the past six years it is and remains TV’s highest-rated series.

Compared to the big swingers on the Big 4, the Season 8 TWD opener is up 58% over the This Is Us key demo average and 146% over how Empire is faring among 18-49s.

However, with a surprisingly robust Sunday Night Football this weekend in a well-marketed Super Bowl LI rematch between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons scoring 16.74 million viewers and a 5.6 demo rating in fast affiliates alone, the direct competition was certainly strong –100th episode and all. No 18-49 numbers are in yet, but SNF pulled in 19.2 million viewers total for NBC on October 22, or 68% more that the TWD premiere, which is a flip of sorts from last year when the latter beat the former in the demo.

AMC will of course point away from that Live+Same Day number and, in acknowledgement of rising audience patterns, emphasize the delayed Live+3 viewing that will come out later this week.

After the TWD premiere, AMC had a two-hour The Talking Dead that was live from L.A.’s Greek Theatre. That Chris Hardwick-hosted shindig with cast and EPs drew 4.2 million total viewers and 2.3 million among 18-49s.

The numbers are only going to keep dropping. It's peaked already. They're still good numbers but do the showrunners really think they'll remain over 10 million viewers per episode for long?

It's highly on the speculation list
That they are killing Carl this season

Chandler Riggs wasn't holding back on reddit
Whose the weakest actor on TWD
User:Obviously, Chandler Riggs.

Riggs: at times, i’ll agree with you. i’ve cringed at a handful of my performances tbh. but i honestly think some of my best work has been during critical and emotional scenes - which, in my opinion, matters a lot more than simple, filler scenes. plus, you can’t really save a bad script. if the dialogue/stage direction isn’t natural or doesn’t fit, then the delivery is obviously gonna be awkward and seem poor to a viewer. hopefully i’ll be able to change your opinion on me in a couple of the episodes this season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalking...ts/dm006a8/?context=3&st=j97j86cf&sh=d1c14d9c

Last edited:
‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Get A Bite Taken Out Of Them, Hit 5-Year Low

Deadline said:
Lennie James’ Morgan may have declared that he doesn’t die in Episode 2 of the eighth season of The Walking Dead on Sunday, but the ratings for the zombie apocalypse series certainly took a body blow.

Facing the double threat of Sunday Night Football and an epic Game 5 of the World Series, The Walking Dead fell to a more than a five-year low in the key demo and total audience for its October 29 airing. However, before the competition is given too much credit, the AMC series based on Robert Kirkman’s comics faced the same competition for the comparable episode of Season 7, and that stayed steady with the second episode of Season 6 in 2015.

Down to the worst the series has done in adults 18-49 since back on March 11, 2012, this Sunday’s TWD delivered 4.0 rating in the key demo. With a total viewership of 8.92 million, “The Damned” episode was damned to fall below any episode since its Season 2 finale of March 18, 2012, which had an audience of 8.99 million.

While still the biggest non-sports show on Sundays, TWD has been hit by a steady stream of ratings declines since the series-high-matching double core cast killing in “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” Season 7 opener on October 23, 2016. It’s a trend AMC and the producers appeared to seek to counter by upping the action quota this year.

Compared to the Season 8 debut episode “Mercy” on October 22 this year, Sunday’s episode was down 22% in viewership and 20% among 18-49s. Taking the year-to-year look, the second episode of Season 8 of TWD tumbled 35% in the demo and 29% in total audience from the second episode of Season 7 of October 30, 2016.

With that, TWD EPs and AMC are surely hoping they are holding a ratings ace with the anticipated crossover sometime next year between the show and its Fear The Walking Dead spinoff. Offering few specifics, Kirkman announced the crossover to roars at this year’s New York Comic-Com earlier this month.

And they want the show to last 20 seasons...ha!

I was expecting 11 million at its worst. Damn.

AMC will still pimp this even when it holds only 4million an episode around season 10.

I feel like this season is the turning point where it all goes downhill just like Lost.

I just imagine if TWD was on HBO?

we'd have actual shocking deaths and events that would have broke the internet

This has to be expected for a show that has run this long. Hopefully the story will pick up and it will get better.

Or not. Game of Thrones peaked, too. Season 7 wasn't very good. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining (and better than TWD) ... But the writing has taken a nosedive over the past couple of seasons.

:shrug:

So as Maggie and Jesus were wasting ammo (along with Rick, Ezekiel and various members of their alliance) on the Sanctuary windows. Did they forget not that long ago that Dr. Carson (Maggie’s obstetrician) was taken at the Sanctuary? Just before their attack Jesus even mentioned to Ezekiel that they were going to get him back. The Sanctuary is overrun with a horde of zombies at the moment. What are the chances of Carson making it out alive? Guess that never crossed their minds that he was taken to that outpost or not? Smh.

I can't really get into this season. It's just boring to me now. And I've watched it faithfully since the beginning. I feel they just drag things out to make full seasons out of one event in the comics. The editing sucks this season as well. I think they should do the whisperers storyline and end the show.

Well, wasn't it exciting that they brought Shiva into the show? Just to tease this tiger for one whole season, and just to kill it off on its very first appearance in the next season?

AMC being cheapskates again, if you ask me. They don't want to fork over the money for a CGI Tiger, so they killed it off WAY too soon.

Tonight's episode was actually pretty good, but then killing off Shiva made me roll my eyes SO hard.

Yeah, I'm still going to watch the show with my husband every week, but my emotional investment is practically nonexistent at this point. The show most definitely had its shark-jumping moment with the Season 6 finale cliffhanger.

Well, wasn't it exciting that they brought Shiva into the show? Just to tease this tiger for one whole season, and just to kill it off on its very first appearance in the next season?

AMC being cheapskates again, if you ask me. They don't want to fork over the money for a CGI Tiger, so they killed it off WAY too soon.

Tonight's episode was actually pretty good, but then killing off Shiva made me roll my eyes SO hard.

In the showrunners' defense, that's exactly how it went down in the comics too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"