• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
1CLI0FN.jpg

UolRZL9.jpg

The Walking Dead showrunner says Rick-Negan war will end in season 8

Entertainment Weekly said:
Everyone take cover! Because war is finally here on The Walking Dead. All Out War, that is. The walk-up to the armed conflict was a long one, extending over a season-and-a-half from when Rick first made his deal with the Hilltop in season 6 to take out Negan, all the way to the Kingdom and Hilltop soldiers showing up en masse to drive off the Saviors in the season 7 finale. So, yeah, it took a while.

But now that we’ve finally reached the celebrated All Out War arc from the comics on which the show is based, the question shifts from “When will the war start?” to “How long will the war last?” After all, some felt the first huge Walking Dead villain, the Governor, overstayed his welcome when he was not dispatched by the end of season 3. The Governor eventually showed up with a second army and was defeated (and killed) in season 4’s midseason finale — taking Hershel and the prison down with him.

So considering the show’s history in regards to how long they keep their big bads around, as well as the ever-changing pace of the program, we couldn’t help but wonder: Could the war between Rick and Negan extend past season 8? We posed that question to showrunner Scott Gimple and got a very definitive answer. “The war will absolutely be resolved by the end of season 8,” says Gimple. “Absolutely.”

The admission by Gimple that the war will end in this next season also brings the focus back to the mysterious “Old Man Rick” scene from the season 8 trailer that appears to mirror a time-jump from the comics that happens after the war, although there could be a twist as far as how that is approached by the TV version.
It also brings to question how soon we will be seeing the next group of villains — known as the Whisperers — and their enigmatic bald female leader Alpha. Asked whether Alpha might be making her debut in season 8, Gimple responds, “I’m going to give you a full no-comment on that.”

[BLACKOUT]Place your bets now on Alpha’s arrival, ladies and gentlemen. [/BLACKOUT]But as far as the war against Negan goes, it seems we now know it will be ending sooner rather than later — and no later than season 8.

No surprise. I expected AMC and Gimple to stretch All Out War to fill the whole season. Smh.

The Walking Dead marks 100 episodes with 3 celebratory EW covers

The best piece of advice to anyone visiting the set of The Walking Dead in season 8? Bring earplugs. That’s because there is more stuff being shot off and blown up than ever before.

That’s right, the wait is over. The war between Rick and Negan has finally begun, and Entertainment Weekly has been down to the Senoia, Georgia, set to witness it with our own eyes and ears… at least what’s left of them. We’ve got all the on-the-scene scoop in our latest Walking Dead cover story, complete with three different covers (see below).

We spoke to all 20 members of the cast as well as the producers who make the show, and they all used the exact same word when asked about season 8: action. “It’s a f —ing in-your-face action-packed IV of adrenaline,” says Austin Amelio, who plays Dwight. “Season 7 was the ramp-up and now this is the blastoff. The stuff that’s happening is insane!”

Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne, concurs. “We’ve been knocked clear off our feet,” says the star, who adds that the pacing and intensity of the first four episodes is “like nothing before.” But perhaps our favorite description comes from Seth Gilliam (Father Gabriel), who says season 8 is “like a Schwarzenegger versus Stallone action thing from the ’80s. I think there are, like, 10 explosions an episode. Every time you turn around, somebody’s shooting something or blowing something up. There’s some serious action that I don’t think we’ve seen on television since The A-Team went off the air.”

It’s a completely different look and feel from the doom-and-gloom of season 7, when our heroes were separated and subjugated. Now the survivors are fighting back, and the actors playing them are thrilled about it. “I think that last season was very painful for everybody,” says Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes). “And now you get a certain sense of a reclaiming of the old show and the swagger.” Melissa McBride (Carol) agrees. “This is like back in the old days,” says the fan favorite. “This is what I was yearning for last year.”

The Oct. 22 season 8 premiere also marks the show’s landmark 100th episode, giving the cast a chance to celebrate the occasion in epic fashion on EW’s latest series of covers. You can choose between bromance partners Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus having their cake and eating it too, Melissa McBride, Danai Gurira, and Lauren Cohan popping the bubbly, or all five actors striking their favorite prom pose on a third cover that will be exclusively available at Barnes & Noble stores beginning Sept. 26. Or, don’t choose at all! You can order all three covers (or any of them individually) right here.

Dead & Loving It! 'The Walking Dead' Celebrates 100 Episodes | Cover Shoot | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]jJg_o15IlNQ[/YT]

The Walking Dead: Corey Hawkins not likely to appear in season 8

There are many questions heading into season 8 of The Walking Dead: How long will the war last? What’s with that mysterious Old Man Rick scene? Why doesn’t Maggie look pregnant? Seeing as how we’ve supplied some semblance of an answer for all of those things, let’s take a look at another burning question: Where the hell is Heath?

Well, we don’t know the exact where. We just know the Alexandrian (played by Corey Hawkins) is out there somewhere after getting separated from Tara during a super-unproductive supply run. Tara and Heath were sent out on said supply run because Alanna Masterson was pregnant and going to miss some time on the show while Hawkins had landed the lead role on Fox’s 24 reboot, 24: Legacy.

Hawkins was able to film a few scenes in one episode last season to help explain his disappearance, but that was it. However, we couldn’t help but wonder: Now that 24: Legacy has been canceled, might we see Heath again?

We asked showrunner Scott M. Gimple what the chances are we might come across the missing Alexandrian in season 8, and there was both good news and bad news. “Not a huge chance,” says Gimple on the odds of seeing Heath. “But we definitely have not seen the last of Heath, period. I will say that. I don’t mean to disappoint the Heathies. He will be on the show. He will be within The Walking Dead again.”

While we have all sorts of questions about where Heath has been and what he’s been up to since he and Tara lost each other on the bridge, keeping Heath sidelined, for now, may make sense. After all, this is already an overstuffed cast filled 20 regulars. Perhaps after the herd is thinned courtesy of the All Out War arc, Heath will make his triumphant return.

Plus, the fact that Gimple says unequivocally that we “definitely have not seen the last of Heath” and that the character will be “within The Walking Dead again” seems to confirm that Heath is at least alive out there. (Unless the gang just happens to stumble randomly across his zombified remains, although that would be pretty brutal, even for this show.)

So it looks like those prayers for Heath will most likely have to continue until at least season 9. Let’s just hope once we find him he is not making like some of our solitary heroes from the past and writing on walls and babbling on about “Clear” and other assorted nonsense.

Gimple and co. should’ve either killed off Heath or recast the actor. Besides Hawkins’ doesn’t seem to show any interest in reprising the role. And has pretty much moved on from TWD.

I'm surprised they haven't recast Heath. They're a lot more forgiving than the Game of Thrones showrunners in that sense. Over there it's "You can't fit us in your schedule? See ya."

I'm surprised they haven't recast Heath. They're a lot more forgiving than the Game of Thrones showrunners in that sense. Over there it's "You can't fit us in your schedule? See ya."

can you give an example?

Hawkins had the lead of the failed 24 spin-off and a supporting role in the newest Kong. His career seems to be rising. If we see him again, it'll only be a few episodes at most.

The Walking Dead producers reveal timing on Old Man Rick twist

Fans were shocked when they saw an image of an older Rick with a bedside cane at the end of The Walking Dead season 8 trailer, and they weren’t the only ones. As Andrew Lincoln told us, he was “shocked and kind of excited” by the reveal.

“My instinct was, what a great storytelling device. That was my instinct,” he says. “I thought it was very interesting. And also gives us an opportunity to do something else a little ahead of the game, which I think is very, very neat.”

While Lincoln would not confirm whether that scene does, in fact, represent the time-jump from the comics, he doesn’t deny that it is some sort of look into the future. “I mean, it’s a gray Rick,” Lincoln told us. “It’s an older Rick. So by virtue of the fact that you see that means that it’s in the future. It will become somewhat clearer after the October premiere. Then again, it may not be. It maybe still is somewhat opaque. I think that that’s possibly all I can say on the matter.”

Lincoln’s comments seem to indicate that we will get our first — but not our last — look at Old Man Rick in the premiere, with more scenes and clarity to come later. Executive producer Greg Nicotero confirms to EW that, “it’s definitely not a one-time thing,” while showrunner Scott M. Gimple also says that an early look will lead to a later disclosure.

“I will say that we won’t know exactly what that’s about after the first episode,” hints Gimple. “But we will know it about halfway through the season. We won’t quite know what it’s about, and then we’ll get an answer to that about halfway through. It’s something that’s going to play out.”

Gimple does shoot down one popular fan theory, however: “I can say that that is not him waking up from the coma in the hospital,” says the showrunner about the guess that the entire series so far had all been a Rick Grimes dream. “Some people thought that, and it’s not that.”

So it sounds like while we’ll get our first taste of Old Man Rick in the season 8 premiere, the midseason finale (or around that time) could be a time when full answers will be delivered — although Nicotero may offer up a clue with his comments.

“It’s always fun to get a chance to think about where the show is going and where the characters are going,” says the EP. “And that’s a really big moment in the comic book when we sort of jump forward and realize what’s in store for the future. So to just to be able to give a little bit of a hint to that, I think it’s exciting. It shows the audience that we’re committed for this fantastic long-term storytelling and that Rick’s got his sh– together.”

One complaint I forgot to mention about those recent TWD EW covers was the lack of each community (during All Out War) featuring their own cover. A cover with Rick, Carl, Michonne, and Daryl representing Alexandria; a cover with Maggie and Jesus’ character (maybe Enid and Gregory) representing the Hilltop; a cover with Morgan, Carol, Ezekiel , Shiva, and Jerry representing The Kingdom; and a cover with Negan, Dwight, Eugene and Simon representing the Saviors. Instead they decided to celebrate and overhype the show reaching a hundred episodes this upcoming season instead. A missed opportunity.

The Fox/foreign Season 8 TWD poster is slightly altered by excluding Jesus' character and Enid but, including Negan, Simon, Dwight, Jadis, and Gregory, who were excluded from the AMC US version.

EGr4NUZ.jpg

Last edited:
I was always curious how popular the series is abroad. In particular Latin America and Asia.

can you give an example?

Daario Naharis, The Mountain, the Night King. I'm not even counting the roles they recast because they decided to age the characters up (Myrcella and Tommen Baratheon) or go with a different look (the Three Eyed Raven).

The Walking Dead: 'Faith in Each Other' Season 8 Official Teaser

[YT]3ugwAipj0LA[/YT]

AMC have been playing this promo repeatedly on their channel for the past month. It's also pretty much a shortened/30 second version of the comic con trailer.

The Walking Dead without Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes 'absolutely' could happen

Actors come and go on The Walking Dead at a rather alarming rate. Characters are constantly introduced and killed off, leading to a revolving door — okay, maybe not the best example in this case considering what happened to Tyler James Williams’ Noah — of fresh faces taking over. And there are a lot of faces. There are currently 20 cast regulars on The Walking Dead, and only five of them have been there since season 1 (and that includes Lennie James, who appeared in the very first episode, left, and then returned full-time in season 6).

But even with all that change, the name at the top of the call sheet has remained the same: Andrew Lincoln. However, even the most committed actors — and I’ve never seen a lead as mentally, physically, and emotionally committed to his show as Lincoln — can get restless after a long stint. With The Walking Dead now heading into its eighth season, one can’t help but wonder if Lincoln might be thinking about life after the show.

You especially can’t help but wonder when he tells you a story like this: “I was talking to James Badge Dale about acting, and we were just talking about completing stories,” says Lincoln. “I think that there’s an innate feeling and certainly in me that I love doing a play or doing the film because you get to put a period on the end of it and you get to do it nightly, which is really exciting. TV is different. The format is different because it is about sort of a continuum. But, you know, there is a sense to me that really needs some… it sounds like I’m in a shrink’s head, but there is a completion thing that I think I deserve for doing it for so long. And also probably the audience would like some completion.”

Lincoln was not talking about the show ending sooner rather than later. Rather, he was discussing the possibility of the show continuing on without him, which he says could be just the twist the show needs. “There’s only so many ways you can bend and stretch this and that. I’m not saying that the show would ever finish, but I certainly think that there’s an opportunity for the show to change at some point, and I think it should.”

A Walking Dead without Rick Grimes? Could that actually exist? Lincoln thinks so. Maybe this isn’t a show about Rick Grimes surviving in the zombie apocalypse after all, but rather it is about his young son growing up in it. “Absolutely,” says Lincoln about a potential shift from father Grimes to son. “Absolutely. It’s beautifully set up for that — for the camera to be certainly his story, and then it just shifts off. If ever there was a landscape or an environment to do that, it’s our show. But whether or not that’s this season… well, you have to find out, don’t you?”

Lincoln is not the only one that thinks the show can go on without him. The creator of The Walking Dead comic, Robert Kirkman says, “I think it could,” when asked about the show continuing without its star. “Andy is the leader of this show and his dedication to the show is absolutely inspiring,” he says. “Everyone just looks up to him and he’s a huge part of this show. But we have a very strong ensemble, and there’s a lot of characters that could carry the show. The Walking Dead is a story very much about a world and a bunch of people inhabiting that world.” However, Kirkman adds, “I don’t think we have to worry about that any time soon.”

Showrunner Scott M. Gimple also says The Walking Dead could survive the loss of Lincoln. “Absolutely,” says Gimple. “We’ve just scratched the surface of this world. We don’t want to go on without Rick Grimes, but again, in year 20, in year 30, who knows?”

Gimple also points to the way the show has dealt with death in the past as a guide to how it might handle the loss of its most important character. “We lose terrific actors and terrific characters because that’s part of the narrative,” says Gimple, “and we’re always forced to go on and figure out a way to make the narrative work and to make it the best show possible after losing people. So I don’t think any show is more prepared, sadly, to lose people than The Walking Dead is. As the show goes on and on and on, who knows? But I’m also certain that we will do it in a way that only adds to the narrative and only makes the story richer for losing these incredible people.”

So there you have it, with clues that a transition to an Andrew Lincoln-less Walking Dead could happen as soon as this season, and as far away as season 30.

LOL "...in year 20, in year 30, who knows?” They just assume viewers will continue tuning in after 20 or 30 years, even though the ratings have dipped these past two seasons. If the ratings continue to significantly plummet they'll be lucky to go a 10th season or over. Plus I think they'll lose a lot of viewers if the show continues without Lincoln.

Last edited:
The Walking Dead: Lennie James on the season 8 scene you won't forget

First he was killing anything that moved. Then he got locked up and refused to kill at all. Now? Well, that’s the big question heading into season 8 for Morgan after he strangled Richard. He’s put on the Kingdom armor and appears ready for the war with Negan, but can his psyche handle it? We spoke to Lennie James to get his take on the matter, as well as to gather some intel on what to expect coming up, especially in that fighting scene we saw between Morgan and Jesus in the season 8 trailer.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Why don’t we just start by talking about where Morgan’s head is as we move into season 8. Obviously, he was trying not to kill anyone, then he did, and now war is here, so how does he handle that?
LENNIE JAMES:
Well, how he handles it is pretty much the story of season 8, really. We are going to war, and that is something which is unavoidable. He’s involved in a major internal battle about how hard or how firmly he holds onto his belief that all life is precious. And much more than that, he’s resolved to either go back to being someone who doesn’t kill or to go forward as someone who does.

I remember chatting with you last season, and you talking about how he’s scared to go back to that killing place because he knows he’s good at killing people and if he goes back to that place, is he able to stop himself? Is that kind of the thing we’re going to see him battling internally?
I think that one of the things, I really am enjoying being back on the show as a regular as opposed to popping in and popping out as I did before, which I also enjoyed because I really enjoyed the kind of effort and the challenge of reintroducing Morgan in his various different states to the audience. One of the things I’ve really enjoyed in playing him kind of step by step is showing the audience the minutiae of the struggle, and how the getting from one version of himself to the other version of himself isn’t done in a single bound.

So yes, I think that the things he’s going to be battling with are much more complicated because before his journey was of a man who had kind of lost everything and had nothing. Now, he has made connections. He has made connections at the Kingdom. He has made connections with Carol. He has made connections with Alexandria. He still has his connections to Rick, and all of those things are going to complicate his journey and make the decisions that he makes harder.

It’s interesting how you talk about the different connections he’s made because I was going to ask you, does he consider himself an Alexandrian or a member of the Kingdom at this point? Or neither?
That’s a good question, and a really good example of it was my reticence to put on the armor of the Kingdom. There was a point in the story where it was going to come earlier, and I spoke to [showrunner Scott M. Gimple], and we moved it because I thought it was too early for Morgan to make a statement that I am this. If you put on the armor of the Kingdom, you are of the Kingdom, so the fact that in the end he doesn’t put on that armor until the death of Benjamin, I thought was much more poignant and much more important. So it’s taken a long time to answer a question that I don’t have an answer to, really.

The reason why I don’t know is because I don’t think Morgan knows. I don’t think him putting on the armor makes him of the Kingdom and not of Alexandria. This journey in season 8 for Morgan of where he feels he belongs is one of the big questions that will be answered in this season.

He really hasn’t had a true home in a long, long time.
Yeah, when you think about it, from the moment we first met Morgan a hundred episodes ago, he stayed behind when Rick left for Atlanta because that’s where his wife was, so he and his son stayed there and made that place home. After that, home was Duane, and then he lost Duane. So this man has been kind of homeless for the entirety of our story, and having lost Duane, he went in search of Rick because Rick was the only person left on the planet that Morgan knew who knew him. So he went in search of that home, and that didn’t quite work out, and he found himself the Kingdom. And it remains to be seen whether or not it works out at the Kingdom or if it’s going to work out someplace else.

We see in the trailer for season 8 a sparring session between Morgan and Jesus. What can you say about that and duking it out with Tom Payne there?
All I can say is it was a huge amount of fun to play around with Tom in that particular scene. I really can’t say much about anything about even hinting at where that scene comes and what it is, what it foreshadows, or what it’s in preparation for, but yeah, that’s pretty much all I can say except for it’s not going to be a moment that’s going to be easily forgotten.

How would you say that season 8 is different from season 7?
The major difference is season 7 was the preparation for war, and season 8 is war, and that’s the kind of major difference with all that comes along with it. In season 8, every scene seems to be played out against the backdrop of an ongoing battle or the moments between one battle and the next battle. It’s a roller coaster. The storytelling is slightly different. We’re not taking you by the hand and showing you every single step now. The audience is going to have to work a little harder as far as story is concerned because the nature of war is that you don’t want your enemy to know what you’re up to, and in certain circumstances, the audience are not going to find out what the plan is until the plan is in action.

The first three episodes, I don’t think they take much of a breath. I mean, it just keeps going, and we settle down a little bit later, and it’s going to be brutal and there are going to be causalities. The battles aren’t always necessarily in the direction that is expected, and the consequences of those will be far-reaching.

‘The Walking Dead’ Score Album Details
KlhiKvP.jpg

Film Music Reporter said:
The full details of the first score album for the AMC hit series The Walking Dead have been revealed. The album features selections from the show’s original music composed by Emmy Award winner Bear McCreary (10 Cloverfield Lane, Happy Death Day, Battlestar Galactica, Colossal, Outlander). The soundtrack will be released digitally and physically on October 20 by Lakeshore Records. Visit Amazon to pre-order the CD. A vinyl version is also in the works. The Walking Dead developed by Frank Darabont based on the comic book series by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore & Charlie Adlard will return for its eighth season on October 22. Visit the official show website for updates.

Here’s the track list of the album:

1. Theme from the Walking Dead (0:49)
2. Rick’s Despair (2:10)
3. Glenn’s Wheels (1:46)
4. Lord of the Vatos (3:22)
5. Bag of Guns (2:46)
6. Message to Morgan (3:09)
7. Herd on the Highway (2:40)
8. Sophia (3:09)
9. Coalescence (3:55)
10. Eulogy (2:39)
11. Carl (1:38)
12. Farm Invasion (8:49)
13. Beside the Dying Fire (2:58)
14. C-Section (5:33)
15. The Governor (2:31)
16. Bye, Baby Bunting (1:48)
17. A Return to Compassion (5:53)
18. The Badge (1:43)
19. Welcome to the Tombs (6:22)
20. Reconciliation (2:36)
21. Three Questions (2:31)
22. Negan (2:20)
23. The Day Will Come (2:57)

It has the same album art and track list as the vinyl release. Interesting that the article mentioned that this was "the first score album for the AMC hit series". If I'm not reading too much into that hopefully that means more volumes will be released in the near future. Based off the track list they tried to jam as much as they could on one disc and still ended up leaving out a lot music from each season.

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 1
[YT]OInISYOkF88[/YT]

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 2
[YT]ONZi1B_1AcM[/YT]

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 3
[YT]WDZcEQXwxf4[/YT]

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 4
[YT]pLGYr1OL-lQ[/YT]

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 5
[YT]BYWtvLPYkbg[/YT]

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 6
[YT]w9WeEwVCOYU[/YT]

The Walking Dead: '100 Episodes' Fans Recap Season 7
[YT]VJV-HlTvnj4[/YT]

The Walking Dead Season 8: 'We’ve Already Won' Official Teaser
[YT]6lc-kjorgtU[/YT]

I hope so. I just find excessive violence and torture a turn off. I'm having the same struggle with American Horror Story right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"