The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...I wish I still cared about this show. I really thought Negan showing up was gonna revitalize my interest, but it really hasn't. :(

I hope so. I just find excessive violence and torture a turn off. I'm having the same struggle with American Horror Story right now. :(

AHS is doing several things this season that I'm just not sure about.

I hope so. I just find excessive violence and torture a turn off. I'm having the same struggle with American Horror Story right now. :(

With the war now active, I think there will be a lot of violence this season. But it's better than the dullness of last season.

With the war now active, I think there will be a lot of violence this season. But it's better than the dullness of last season.

Fighting violence and killing walkers doesn't bother me, as opposed to a hot iron to the face. :( Not a fan of torture.

'The Walking Dead' Stars (Try To) Sum Up The Entire Series In 30 Seconds | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]cAsikrwVRlQ[/YT]

The Walking Dead: Why Lauren Cohan Felt Tension On Her First Day Filming | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]SwcGhZYzKIY[/YT]

The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus Reveals He Felt Insecure On First Day | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]cS85IL_bYwQ[/YT]

Danai Gurira Says She Overheated On Her First Day Of 'The Walking Dead' | Entertainment Weekly
[YT]TxZKxrJdNAQ[/YT]

On a related note, apparently a character from either The Walking Dead or Fear will cross over to the other show. So there's that, for folks who happen to watch both shows.

Maybe I will pick up FEAR during S4 when they get their new showrunner. Though I don't really know why it's still a prequel to TWD.

Just one cast member from FTWD? Anyways I predicted AMC would attempt a crossover when Gimple signed on as EP for the 4th season of FTWD. Season 3 of FTWD is currently 2 months (or a little over) in the zombie apocalypse. So we'll see how they'll tie it together with TWD. Especially if TWD attempts a major time jump after All Out War. Honestly I rather both shows didn't crossover, but oh well.

The Walking Dead Season 8: Season Premiere NYCC Sneak Peek
[YT]o6H0OPgg1qA[/YT]

I thought Robot Chicken's TWD special was hilarious for the most part. Having some of the actors/actresses voicing their respective characters (both living and dead) was icing on the cake. Didn't expect some of the actors/actresses (particularly Andrew Lincoln, Lennie James, Danai Gurira, and Sarah Wayne Callies) participating in a silly show, where they're allowed to spoof their characters. Heck even Kirkman, Gimple, and Hardwick participated in a skit spoofing Talking Dead. Even though Ezekiel didn't appear in any of the skits I was surprised Khary Payton wasn't involved b/c prior to TWD he's mostly known for his voice acting.

And this joke was too soon for me.
Happy Glenndings | Robot Chicken | Adult Swim
[YT]aORRRYHgu_k[/YT]
That's just wrong. :csad:

The Walking Dead: 'A Look at Season 8' Behind the Scenes
[YT]g4edwMvwlkU[/YT]

The Walking Dead Season 8: ‘All Out War’ Official Teaser
[YT]XiZmi5fjG4c[/YT]

The Walking Dead Season 8: ‘Maggie Goes to War’ Official Teaser
[YT]k1WwgHSpbOs[/YT]

The Walking Dead: ‘Meet the New Season 8 Cast Regulars’ Behind the Scenes
[YT]HpKsDFmmDDE[/YT]

Always nice when these trailers are only available for people in America :cmad:

Some reviews the Season 8 premiere...

We Got This Covered
For those repulsed and deflated by the horrific deaths and methodical storytelling of last season, “Mercy” is the perfect remedy – its brisk pacing, big action, and focus on the camaraderie between the Alexandria, Hilltop, and Kingdom survivors makes for super entertaining television which makes you feel good without trivializing the drama. It’s easy to forget that this show can actually be a lot of fun, and in most cases that means watching our favorite survivors work as a team to wreck shop and take out the baddies. That teamwork is what “Mercy” is all about, and it’s rousing stuff to say the least.
Den of Geek
If the back half of season 7 was about treating the wound, then the season 8 premiere is finally about healing. We have a main character in Rick again, and Andrew Lincoln is better than ever in the role. When the camera is trained on him, Lincoln can go from intimidating to loving, from remorseful to inspiring, and the actor gets to show all those facets of his character in episode 100. He's the absolute star of the hour.

There's a sense that showrunner Scott Gimple and director Greg Nicotero are trying to bring the show back to basics. At heart, The Walking Deadhas always been the story of Rick Grimes. A point is made in the show's 100th episode to remind fans that none of the other characters we know and love would be a part of this story without Rick. "Mercy," as the episode is called for a reason I won't divulge here, feels as much a celebration of Mr. Grimes as the show itself.
Comicbook.com
Overall, the Season Eight premiere is a good and safe episode. It has all the makings of an extravagant and stellar middle-of-the-road episode, but is careful not to go too far in kicking off the new season. Longtime fans of The Walking Dead will certainly appreciate it, quickly feeling eager for more, which is ultimately the goal of any season premiere.

Episode 100 is a well-executed launch of the "All Out War" story line from director Greg Nicotero who went as big on the zombie work with this episode as he did on the bullets flying from guns and cinematic shot selections.

On October 22nd, The Walking Dead is back in form, pairing the explosive battle fans have been yearning for with storytelling devices unlike any used on the series to date.
Business Insider
There were two things that made the early seasons great. Everyone was together up until the Governor came around on season three. This allowed you to see the group dynamic play out on screen between the cast. As well, a lot of ground was covered on each episode. If you rewatch season one's six episodes, it's like watching a bunch of mini movies.

The season eight premiere feels very much like an earlier episode of the series. The group is united, reunions are had, your onscreen favorites are seen teaming up and interacting, and a few characters from different communities get to meet for the first time. At the same time, the episode moves quickly and is action-packed with, what Norman Reedus told press at New York Comic Con, Rick's best (and maybe only?) good plan to date.

Good to know the show is back on track. Last season was the first season so far I didn't enjoy that much. Good to hear Ricki's back being awesome again as well.

The Season Premieres have always delivered with kicking off the season with a bang, imo. Plus it's the 100 episode so they're not going to botch it. Even though I don’t hold the Season 7 premiere very highly. Mainly because it was more of a bloated epilogue and leftovers from the Season 6 finale that should’ve been condensed into 5-10 minutes for the premiere or better yet should’ve all happened in the Season 6 finale. As far as I’m concerned “The Well” (the episode where Ezekiel & The Kingdom was introduced) is where Season 7 actually begins for me. Anyways the question is can the show maintain that for 16 episodes? If AMC wanted All Out War to last a whole season than Season 8 should’ve been reduced to an 8-10 episode season instead of the bloated 16. I’m also concerned about this season being mostly "nonstop action". I don’t need the show to be about explosions and high body counts to be entertained or invested. I don’t mind action, but I don’t watch TWD for the action, or the zombies, or the pretentious writing, or the glorified drawn out deaths, etc. I watch it for the characters and their attempts to survive and adapt (mentally and physically) to this cruel world they live in. I still plan on tuning in for Season 8 but haven't much excitement for it. The last two seasons have gradually declined in quality and I am not happy with how certain characters have devolved. Am actually more interested in FTWD at this point.

Last edited:
The Walking Dead: 'Season 8 Premiere' Sneak Peek
[YT]LUcF9ELZbTE[/YT]

Can't wait for the season premiere tomorrow and the 100th episode! Really hope for some Negan screentime.

I am surprised the discussion here is almost non-existent, considering it's premiering tomorrow.

Tonight during the finale of TWD Season 7 marathon AMC is including the deleted scene between Rick and Carl back into the Season 7 finale. So AMC acknowledges that they fouled up on cutting out that scene because they never added scenes that were cut from previous episodes before. Smh!

Can't wait for the season premiere tomorrow and the 100th episode! Really hope for some Negan screentime.

I am surprised the discussion here is almost non-existent, considering it's premiering tomorrow.
Well it premieres tonight in the US. I think there isn’t much discussion lately because some viewers have lost interest in it. Based off of IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes Season 7 is one of the lowest rated seasons with some of lowest rated episodes of the show. However, despite my lack of excitement for Season 8 I still plan on tuning in.

If the rating is under 15 million, it def signals the peak was season 4-6. But of course AMC will let it run for probably 12 seasons.
Fear can barely hold onto 3 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"