The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so over the Lucille cliffhanger fiasco but I doubt they wasted money and time to film each character in that line up being Lucille'd. Just so they could cover their tracks in case any photos leaked revealing the victim(s), which fans, who follow the filming of Season 7, will find out anyway with whoever wasn't seen filming. Besides AMC put that on themselves anyway b/c they wouldn't have to resort to those inane tactics if they revealed who Negan killed in the finale. It's unfortunate that we're 3 months away from Season 7 and what's still being talked about is that lame cliffhanger. I'll be relieved when the show and social media moves on b/c I've already moved on.

Well, it's been, what ... 4 months since the Season 6 finale aired?

Yeah, the cliffhanger is still the dumbest thing ever.

It's too bad; Season 6 was close to being the best season of the series, in my opinion. Even the finale itself was a really great episode up until that final 20 seconds.

It's too bad; Season 6 was close to being the best season of the series, in my opinion. Even the finale itself was a really great episode up until that final 20 seconds.

I'd argue regardless of the cliffhanger it was still one of the best seasons of the series.

I'd argue regardless of the cliffhanger it was still one of the best seasons of the series.

I agree, honestly. I overall loved season 6. I just think it stinks that what may be the best season had to end on the show's arguably biggest blunder (I still think that Beth's hospital storyline from season 5 may still be the worst, though).

I agree. The good far out weighed what ever complaints I had. Great season overall. Big improvement over S5, IMO.

I found Season 6 very frustrating and disjointed as a whole. 6a's biggest flaw was having the story centered around two days, imo. Plot stagnated and character development suffered b/c of that, imo. Gimple clearly has trouble balancing the large cast of characters screen time, where he has to resort to separating certain characters and relegate some with bottle episodes.

Also the quarry walker herd invasion dragged and took up too many episodes than it needed to, imo. Heck they milked it for 9 episodes. It also overshadowed the whole Wolves arc, which ended up being a let down after all that hype in 5b, imo.

Not to mention the whole dumpster fake out took away from the story and was nothing but a gimmick in the end.

6b was an improvement over 6a but I still had some problems with it. The 2 month time jump undermined some of the loose ends from 6a. Walker Deanna lurking around the woods for two months :huh:, even though it was implied she died being overrun and devoured by a bunch of walkers, was one of the most absurd moments of 6b (maybe even season).

Certain characters making asinine decisions/choices so they can end up being in the lineup for Lucille became contrived. A forced death of a minor character that didn't serve much purpose but shock value, imo. I'm also not a fan of most of the romance between certain characters this season, which again felt very forced and unnatural, imo. I don't want this show turning into a soap opera.

Some characters both old (Carl, Sasha, Rosita, Aaron) and new (Heath) were very underdeveloped. Aside from "First Time Again" and "Here's Not Here" I felt they wasted Morgan's character for most of Season 6. Him sparing the Wolf ended up being meaningless and had little to no circumstance to the story after it was somewhat resolved, imo. I still like the character but aside from his backstory episode with Eastman I feel the writers didn't really know what to do with Morgan, which is a shame b/c Lennie James is one of the best actors on the show, imo.

I wasn't digging how for the most part the Saviors came off less intimidating as Rick and co. took 'em out almost effortlessly until 614 and 615. "Your hero is only as good as your villain." Throughout the series Rick's survived through some of the worst circumstances and dilemmas imaginable, but his cockyness felt contrived and exaggerated a few times in 6b to the point Rick seemed to believe he's invincible.

I know a lot of fans despised the season 6 finale b/c of the cliffhanger, but aside from JDM's impressive performance and monologue, I thought the whole unnecessarily extended 90 minute finale was disappointing.

Season 6 wasn't a bad season but it wasn't great either, imo. Really expected more from Gimple b/c I enjoyed the the previous two seasons very much with him as showrunner. I guess I had my expectations set too high for Season 6, b/c I believed it had the potential to be the best season yet. Hopefully Gimple won't make the same mistakes he made this season with Season 7 but learn from it.

I think the good in Gimple's duration as showrunner has outweighed the bad and this finale (aside from the ending) was a contender for series best, but S6 was just riddled with blatant troll moves. The Glenn thing, making the midseason finale basically a non-event to prop up the show's return and then ending things the way they did. I saw a TV writer say on Twitter, after the finale, that just because TWD can do anything they want, doesn't mean they should. I'm inclined to agree.

The weird thing about S6 was that it went against a lot of things Gimple has said in the past. Like, he was always about giving everyone/everything a story and finishing things every 8 episodes. S4 and S5 wrapped things up pretty well with cliffhangers as launching points for the next season, but S6 had cliffhangers everywhere. Seemed like an AMC move to me. I still liked season 6 tho. Really liked it, actually.

Well TWD Season 7 San Diego Comic Con panel should be very interesting.

Comic-Con 2016: Everything you need to know before The Walking Dead panel
Entertainment Weekly said:
Whoever Negan killed will be at The Walking Dead Comic-Con panel in San Diego (scheduled for Friday, July 22, at 1 p.m. in Hall H). We know this because AMC is bringing out the entire line-up of death: Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Chandler Riggs, Michael Cudlitz, Sonequa Martin-Green, Christian Serratos, Ross Marquand, and Josh McDermitt.

They’re also bringing Negan himself, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, as well as producers Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, and David Alpert. Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick will moderate. Here’s what else you need to know heading into TWD’s big Comic-Con appearance.

Where we left off: Seriously? Do we really need to go over that again?

What we know about season 7: We’ve already given you the exclusive first two images of the season, of Negan and Morgan. Exec-producer Greg Nicotero also told us that we’ll get a deeper look ino Negan’s army, the Saviors. “The Saviors, as sadistic as they may appear, they have a system that works for them,” says Nicotero. “Yeah, they’re f—ed up and they’re a little weird, but they’ve been doing this for a long time and they have a very large group. It’s not like it’s a pocket of 10 or 12 people. They have a good thing going and the most interesting thing about them for me is there’s mythos involved with them. It’s like, you hear about this guy Negan, just like you hear about this guy Rick, and you hear about these people. There’s a lot of that involved in season 7.”

What to expect at the panel: Besides seeing the cast members and producers, fans will get their first look at the season 7 trailer, which will no doubt be studied as intensely as the Zapruder film for clues as to who was on the receiving end of Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille. Happy hunting!

Planning on watching the video of the panel once it hits YT.

Cn0e3X1VIAAGdm-.jpg:large

Cn0fKHOUEAA9fdA.jpg:large

Cn0fWfdUMAAI7AL.jpg:large

Cn0fhn4UMAAPfoT.jpg:large

Cn0fotiVUAErVNO.jpg:large

Cn0f03FUsAABgfg.jpg:large

That finale was enough to convince me to stop watching the show.

I wouldn't go as far as stop watching, but it does dilute some of the trust, I feel, in the showrunners to finish strong, because both the mid-season finale and "Last Day on Earth" had tons of buildup, but then dropped all the momentum right from underneath you and then try to recapture that when they return.

It's like how at the end of "Start to Finish," you've got Sam calling out to his mother, but once "No Way Out" came around, all that fear seemed to vanish. If you're not going to follow through on what was set up earlier, then why have a tease like that?

And as much as I appreciate the folks of The Walking Dead acknowledging that they screwed up with this cliffhanger, all the backpedaling and Season 7 teases in the world won't remove the sour taste of Season 6's ending, and that's unfortunate, because everything leading up to that- even though the finale did not need to be 90 minutes- was pretty good.

I hope the fan backlash against the finale, of which they are aware of as they've been trying to defend it, is a kick up the ass to them to not pull crap like that again.

Anyone else here read the comic? Even Robert Kirkman didn't seem to anticipate the amount of negative backlash that the show would garner from the finale when he addressed it in his Letter Hacks when he had to issue a sort of apology.

Which is why I think TWD Season 7 San Diego Comic Con panel should be very interesting. Probably will be a lot of backtracking and back-patting (at least from Gimple and Nicotero).

I dont even know how they are going to pull it off this time without spoiling who dies.

The Season 7 trailer will probably consist of scenes with Morgan & Carol, ASZ community, Negan and the Saviors, Jesus and the Hilltop community, and a whole lot of misdirection. As well as the eenie meenie moment without revealing the victim.

I have to imagine it'll be a different sort of trailer than we've seen before. Maybe one that's mostly recap, with a bit of Rick vs. Negan?

LOL, I just did the ennie meenie (started with Glenn, went down) thing on the pictures Sawyer put up and it landed on [BLACKOUT]Abe [/BLACKOUT]. Just like the predictions and the people from Spoiling Dead were saying.

I hope that after all of this, they don't deviate from the comics regarding Lucille victim.

This needs to be big impact, pun intended. And we won't quite get that from the other non-core cast.

The only risk is that it's already been watered down with the fake out and season finale.

It has to be Maggie, Glen, Daryl, Michonne, or maybe Abraham for it to have any kind of impact. We know it's not Rick or Carl. Nobody will give a crap if it's Aaron, Eugene, Rosita, or Sasha.

Last edited:
I hope that after all of this, they don't deviate from the comics regarding Lucille victim.

This needs to be big impact, pun intended. And we won't quite get that from the other non-core cast.

The only risk is that it's already been watered down with the fake out and season finale.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back