The Wrestling Thread - Part 244

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Charlotte putting over Becky was to help build Becky up as a more credible threat? Not my opinion, just my guess as to their thinking.

As far as this whole John Cena thing....I roll my eyes so hard every time he comes out now. You could hear the fans chanting "John Cena Sucks" along with his music when he first walked out last night. Kudos to the WWE, though, so clever....
Our squeaky clean baby face gets booed, so lets give him a storyline/gimmick that fans HAVE to cheer for. Last night was a great example. The crowd hates you, but oh wait, Cena is waving the American flag? "Yaaaa USA, USA, USA!"

If they want to build up Rusev, fine, but there are much better ways to do it than this garbage.
I can see Becky winning the 5 way, winning the title at Summerslam, and then losing the title at Summerslam. The hard luck story seems to be her thing right now. That would be the ultimate take on that.

What the Heck is up with the Full Sail Crowd these days. They used to be hyper, now They're during an entire taping of shows. They got to see some good matches during the series that just aired too.

They abuse the f*** out of how over Becky is. I am glad the crowd hasn't turned on her yet.

They abuse the f*** out of how over Becky is. I am glad the crowd hasn't turned on her yet.

Not sure the crowd is going to turn on her when we are all well aware of who's pulling the stringsl.

Same thing happens with Dean Ambrose. WWE knows they can have those two lose and lose and it won't hurt their popularity.

Thought on this weeks NXT

Oney & Burch would make a good hard hitting brawler tag team. Neither of them are really going to get much much of a rub as solo competitors. NXT tag division is looking a little thin right now with TM61 out injured and DIY broken up.

Most of NXT's current tag teams are very green. AoP, Heavy Machinery, Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss, Ealy twins.

Sanity and Dawkins new tag team The Street Profit are coming in the mix as well.

I'm sad the WWE doesn't do intergender matches because I want to see HHH and Ruby Riot go nose to nose squaring up :funny:

Thought on this weeks NXT

Oney & Burch would make a good hard hitting brawler tag team. Neither of them are really going to get much much of a rub as solo competitors. NXT tag division is looking a little thin right now with TM61 out injured and DIY broken up.

Most of NXT's current tag teams are very green. AoP, Heavy Machinery, Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss, Ealy twins.

Sanity and Dawkins new tag team The Street Profit are coming in the mix as well.

I'm sad the WWE doesn't do intergender matches because I want to see HHH and Ruby Riot go nose to nose squaring up :funny:

Authors of Pain are still crap, which fits in well with the company. They will get the "What" on the main roster.

However, the NXT Tag Team division is on the verge of improving soon:

9e19d598ef48a8105acf32b8715cb56e.jpg

One half of them has already debuted, the other half has not but

he does show up eventually.

there's a guy who could never cut a promo, could never work a match, and somehow stuck in this business for 2+ decades.

he sure is strong tho

I'll miss Henry's epically awesome theme song.

I thought Mark Henry's monster heel run in 2011 was great. His retirement swerve on Cena in 2013 was also great.

Any predictions on NXT roster call-ups after Summerslam? I am predicting Asuka, Bobby Roode, Hideo Itami, Johnny Gargano, No Way Jose and Andrade Almas. The Authors of Pain would be the one tag team I would call up.

I know that Tye Dillinger, Shinsuke Nakamura and Elias Sampson as well as the Revival were called up after Mania 33, but I chose that many names because of the talent that is going to come to NXT. NXT is going to have a lot of problems on their hands if the only talent called up are Asuka, Roode and Authors of Pain. If that is the case, the male superstars on NXT would be:

- Drew McIntyre
- Aleister Black
- Kassius Ohno
- Hideo Itami
- Johnny Gargano
- Andrade Almas
- No Way Jose
- Eric Young
- Tommaso Ciampa

Plus these guys coming into NXT:

- Bobby Fish
- Kyle O'Reilly
- Donovan Dijak
- Lio Rush
- Adam Cole

And with a one hour show and one male singles title? That will cause a lot of problems for NXT if Roode is the only one to be called up to the main roster after Summerslam. NXT has three options in play at this point:

1. Call Up 4 or 5 males singles wrestlers and scatter them among Raw, SD Live and 205 Live
  2. Add an extra hour to NXT with an extra championship. Or merge 205 Live with NXT but keep the CW Title as a second title for NXT.
  3. Randomly create a bunch of tag teams among the males stars.

Or they do nothing and have all of the goodwill about NXT evaporate.

Last edited:
I thought Mark Henry's monster heel run in 2011 was great. His retirement swerve on Cena in 2013 was also great.

Totally agree. The "House of Pain" gimmick was gold for him. Had he had it when he was younger earlier, he could have been a helluva draw.

I miss the days when if you missed a few days, you had to read a few pages back in here to catch up.

WWE is too stupid to talk about. I Iiterally cannot form harsh enough words for this Kurt Angle storyline. It's like something Vince Russo would book after you dropped an anvil on his head, Daffy Duck style.

WWE is too stupid to talk about. I Iiterally cannot form harsh enough words for this Kurt Angle storyline. It's like something Vince Russo would book after you dropped an anvil on his head, Daffy Duck style.

Got a question for you since you are a massive New Japan fan.....should they do something at next year's San Diego Comic-Con to promote their product in America? Just have the Young Bucks, Kenny Omega and Cody out there, lead the crowd to an "F The Revival" chant and have it get a good buzz coming out of Comic-Con.

It could be a way to dramatically increase visibility in America, by having a presence at Comic-Con and making an impact there.

For me, I think the only way for New Japan to beat the WWE in America is to go more mainstream and that may not sit well for someone like you though, but for me, it's the only way New Japan poses any sort of threat to the WWE in America. There are ways for New Japan to go mainstream in America without compromising their product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"