Ragnarok - 8.2M

Tuesday

Thor: L&T - 13.6M
DS: MOM - 12.6M
GOTG 2 - 12M
Ragnarok - 10.8M

Last edited:
So the dailies have been very good so far. :up:

I’ve seen a lot of people in the last few days heap praise towards TLT after seeing it in theaters which is a really good sign. I think it might very well have some decent to good legs moving forward.

At least there’s a good chunk of people with strong positive reactions towards the film and that could serve as a catalyst to bring many more on board to go and experience the film and decide for themselves how they feel about it.

1st Monday

DS: MOM - 13.6M
Thor: L&T - 12.2M
GOTG 2 - 9.8M
Ragnarok - 8.2M

Tuesday

GOTG 2 - 12M
Ragnarok - 10.8M
Wednesday

DS: MOM - 9.1M
Thor: L&T - 8.9M
GOTG 2 - 7.5M
Ragnarok - 6.1M

2nd weekend predictions, Deadline is saying 50M.

So it would be a 65%ish fall from OW.

Thor: Love & Stealing the Thunder
Thor: Love & Thunder takes the number 1 spot in Australia becoming the highest-grossing opening week, opening weekend, and opening day for this year so far, with this week taking $20.24M. Thor's box office cume is now at $24.73M. Minions: The Rise of Gru at 2nd spot this week with $9.13M, bringing the cume to $32.56M. Elvis is in 3rd with $4M, with its cume now at $22.50M.

Seems at best DOM will be 350m, though it looks like overseas might have enough gas to push it over 800m total even without China.

1st Monday

DS: MOM - 13.6M
Thor: L&T - 12.2M
GOTG 2 - 9.8M
Ragnarok - 8.2M

Tuesday

GOTG 2 - 12M
Ragnarok - 10.8M

Wednesday

DS: MOM - 9.1M
Thor: L&T - 8.9M
GOTG 2 - 7.5M
Ragnarok - 6.1M
Thursday

Thor: L&T - 8.3M
DS: MOM - 8.1M
GOTG 2 - 7.1M
Ragnarok - 7M

Last edited:

Good to see it holding even with MoM.
Yeh. So far it’s holding better than GOTG2 for example which had basically the same opening weekend and ended its domestic run with 389M. And it’s also going neck and neck with DS:MOM at this stage which opened way higher and has scored 411M domestic so far.

Great to see Love & Thunder showing some strong legs at the daily box office.

I'm thinking $1 billion is out of the question unless we start seeing some extraordinary holds. I don't think we're dealing with another Maverick situation here, but you never know. This weekend will paint a clearer picture...

$800 to $900 million is definitely on the table though, even excluding China and Russia. One clear advantage working in L&T's favor is the light release schedule ahead. No more big CBMs until October...

Disney should just let this one sit in theatres for the next few months and allow the box office to grow organically, rather than dumping it on D+ at the end of August...

Box Office: ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ Hits $2.3M Note, ‘Paws Of Fury’ Sees $505K – Deadline

The wearing down of the MCU luster is unfortunately being seen as Disney’s Thor: Love and Thunder is having a great fall with a -68% drop for a second weekend that’s estimated to be around $46.5M. While the Taika Waititi-directed movie improved beyond its high $130M estimates last weekend into the $144M range, it’s clear those sour audience exits of a B+ CinemaScore and 3 1/2 stars are taking their toll.

‘Thor: Love & Thunder’s second weekend drop ranks among the MCU’s worst including Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (-67%) and Black Widow (-68%). Forget about Spider-Man: No Way Home‘s -68% second drop.

Considering that it didn't even open that big (for an MCU film), this is a bad drop.

A worse second weekend than Ragnarok is embarrassing. Regardless of my own feelings, this movie simply isn't resonating with most people, and I worry that this poor performance may make Marvel more reluctant to greenlight a fifth movie.

Last edited:
2nd Friday / 2nd weekend

Ragnarok - 18.3M / 57M
DS: MOM - 17.1M / 61M
GOTG 2 - 16.4M / 65M
Thor: L&T - 13.8M / ?

Last edited:
A worse second weekend than Ragnarok is embarrassing. Regardless of my own feelings, this movie simply isn't resonating with most people, and I worry that this poor performance may make Marvel more reluctant to greenlight a fifth movie.

It's not going to stop Marvel from releasing a fifth film, if anything it's just going to let them know they should come with a better game plan and a better film next time around.

This movie is going to make over 700 million, if you think that will stop a fifth film being made idk what to tell you.

It's not going to stop Marvel from releasing a fifth film, if anything it's just going to let them know they should come with a better game plan and a better film next time around.

This movie is going to make over 700 million, if you think that will stop a fifth film being made idk what to tell you.

Its still a clear disappointment and underperformance.

Great to see Love & Thunder showing some strong legs at the daily box office.

I'm thinking $1 billion is out of the question unless we start seeing some extraordinary holds. I don't think we're dealing with another Maverick situation here, but you never know. This weekend will paint a clearer picture...

Yeah, good holds or not, no way this reaches a billion. Especially considering Multiverse of Madness, with its cameos and name recognition of Sam Raimi, didn't. Maverick was a breath of fresh air amidst all the comic book movies we've been getting, whereas Thor is another Marvel movie, and there's been no shortage of those. Not to mention the very mixed reception Love and Thunder has received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"