• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Three DC Universe animated movies slated for release in 2011 announced

WOW.

I gotta say that cover looks amazing.

That is one awesome cover.

565371dea73ec7f400928d84ce4dcc1.jpg

CLICK FOR SUPER HQ!!

14644_front.jpg

Last edited:
The cover art for these movies just keep getting better and better.

i cant wait to check out all these upcoming films/shorts

im just glad we are getting tons of 2d animated movies. i really like 2d animation.

None of those other shorts have been confirmed, so I wouldn't start anticipating anything just yet.

That cover is awesome. I'm really tempted to get it now lol

None of those other shorts have been confirmed, so I wouldn't start anticipating anything just yet.

This online survey list of DC Showcase shorts, http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showp...40&postcount=1, have been posted since the release of the spectre and before the announcements of jonah hex, green arrow and superman/shazam! That's 4 confirmation in a row! What more proof do you need?? Its highly possible @ this point. So like i said, it's safe to assume... :cwink: :word: :awesome:

Possible Short features under "DC Showcase"

THE SPECTRE The Spectre is vengeance incarnate, and when a duo of murderers incur his wrath, they find that there are far worse punishments than simply getting caught. Rated PG-13

CATWOMAN When Catwoman comes to the rescue of a cat being shot at by thugs, a ribbon tied to the cat's collar becomes a clue that leads her into Gotham's salacious underworld. There Catwoman uncovers an international slavery ring, which she has to bring down to save its victims, including the cat's owner. Written by famed Batman scribe Paul Dini. Rated PG-13.

LOBO Lobo, the grungiest, most self-centered interstellar mercenary this side of the Milky Way, has his hands full when he reluctantly accepts the assignment of delivering a baby to the royal family of a distant planet. He can't understand why forces are trying to stop him, until he completes his delivery and discovers that the baby is really an intergalactic assassin intent of destroying the royal king. Rated PG-13.

GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT What if Bruce Wayne had been born in Victorian Times? That's the question posed by "Gotham by Gaslight," which features a turn-of-the-century Batman trying to track down a Jack the Ripper killer on the foggy, cobblestone streets of Gotham City. Based on the acclaimed graphic novel. Rated PG-13.

GREEN ARROW While at the airport to pick up his girlfriend Black Canary, Green Arrow comes head-to-head with some of his greatest enemies who are intent on assassinating a newly arrived young princess from America. Rated PG-13.

BOOSTER GOLD/BLUE BEETLE In a parody of a buddy cop movie, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are on surveillance duty, watching the apartment building of a diabolical scientist. When they inadvertently make their presence known, the scientist activates the weapon he's been hiding, a giant doomsday robot, which is set to go off like a ticking bomb unless our heroes can figure out a way to stop it. Rated PG-13.

JONAH HEX The tough-as-nails bounty hunter Jonah Hex always gets his man - until someone else gets to him first - in this case a murderous madam who wants to steal more than just his bounty from Jonah Hex. Based on a story from the award-winning Jonah Hex comic series. Rated PG-13.

SUPERMAN/SHAZAM As Clark Kent interviews street kid Billy Batson, he realizes that the feisty kid has a lot of heart. When Billy is chosen by an ancient wizard to turn into the hero Captain Marvel just by invoking the word, "Shazam!" Billy's powers come none-too-soon, because he also discovers that he's being pursued by a centuries' old, murderous villain, Black Adam, who is out to destroy Captain Marvel and is so powerful, not even Superman can stop him. Rated PG-13.

The DC Showcase animated shorts included on future DC Universe direct-to-DVD animated releases may be 10-15 minutes in length. However, extended versions of the animated shorts you read about earlier may be released as a collection on DVD for $12.99.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showp...40&postcount=1

Last edited:
I see they passed on "Allstar Batman and Robin". Good move.

This online survey list of DC Showcase shorts, http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showp...40&postcount=1, have been posted since the release of the spectre and before the announcements of jonah hex, green arrow and superman/shazam! That's 4 confirmation in a row! What more proof do you need?? Its highly possible @ this point. So like i said, it's safe to assume... :cwink: :word: :awesome:

It's strange that no one has ever been able to find where that online survey originally came from.

I'm excited as hell about Batman Year One, wonder if they'll make it R rated or add anything new to the tale? I'm really interested in seeing how they handle Selina Kyle there (or if they extend that). The story is very grim, and as I recall reading it as a kid, it gave me this very sickening look at the world of corruption and decay - they really need to set the noir mood right, and the backgrounds, good god the backgrounds should be strong.

I was hoping for that Wonder Woman sequel damn it. That movie kicked butt! Lauren Montogomery is, I think, my favourite animated director in these films - better than Sam Liu any day.

I see they passed on "Allstar Batman and Robin". Good move.

Why?! That book was AWESOME! Did you not see how awesome that book was? It was clearly awesome.

Heh, sorry about that. But no seriously, would an animted All-Star Batman & Robin be really that bad? It's an interesting take on the character, and the story isn't finished yet. I disliked All-Star Superman, but then again, I disliked most of Grant Morrison's work aside from ARKHAM ASYLUM and some of his JLA issues back in the mid-90s. His writing is too Neo-Silver Age for my tastes. Though admittedly, it'll be interesting to see All-Star Superman animated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"