Sequels Transformers 6 and future sequels thread

Officially Titled Transformers:The Last Knight
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFfCGhRoMmW/
lastknight.jpg

Mark Wahlberg will reprise his role as Cade Yeager from Transformers: Age Of Extinction and he'll be joined by franchise newcomers Isabela Moner (Growing Up Fisher) as the film's female lead, Izabella, and Jerrod Carmichael (Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising) in an unspecified role. Art Marcum (Iron Man), Matt Holloway (Iron Man), and Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down) penned the script. Production is expected to start June 6 in Detroit.

Just got back from theaters watching this. I have to say, I have mixed feelings about this movie. It isn't the worse one, but it isn't so great either. They toned down the jokes a bit in this one. But if it is indeed Bay's last film, I can tell he's trying something here, although, not great. Some of the Autobots and Decepticons get very little screen time. Some more prominently than the others.

I love Frank Welker's voice back as Megatron. Good times. Also I think the movie did hinted Unicron. But I am not sure.

Overall, I enjoyed the ride. Hopefully it can be re-booted in which it pays closer to the G1 material.

Well, Unicron is pretty much the main reason why Quintessa intends to destroy Earth and revive Cybertron by killing him. From what I've seen from a leaked scene on YouTube, she namedrops him quite a few times while brainwashing Optimus.

There's also the end credits scene with her disguised as a human near one of Unicron's horns.

Well, at least hopefully we'll finally get him in the 6th. Preferably directed by someone else.

100% sure he'll be the main villain in the 6th movie.

Just saw a pre screening last night and enjoyed it a lot!

Won't spoil of course but there were some good character additions and portrayals I liked.

Definitely fun movie! !

I just saw it and, while not great, it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

I will give them credit regarding the CG though, it is always top notch. ILM really needs to be granted some kind of acclaim for the work they've done on these movies since 2007, as the Autobots and Decepticons always look photorealistic and rarely seem out of place in regards to their human costars.

like a few others have said...its not a good movie...but its not the worst film ever.

I didn't feel like i wasted my time.

But my god did they need to cut some things out of the script.

like a few others have said...its not a good movie...but its not the worst film ever.

I didn't feel like i wasted my time.

But my god did they need to cut some things out of the script.
Too much over the top humor?

The humor is possibly the worst in the series....

Some of the the worst jokes were when
Megatron asks the TRF to let Deceptions held captive be free. Every single Deception except for Barricade was given a lame ass Suicide Squad type intro, along with a twins level stereotype. It's some of the absolute worst **** I've seen in this series since Revenge of the Fallen.

Just cringeworthy, they make the Deceptions into bottom of the barrel level jokes. Which takes away all conflict.

The tone of this flick is completely confused and jarring.

Last edited:
From Variety:

Paramount and Hasbro’s “Transformers: The Last Knight” is heading for a respectable but unspectacular $62 million opening over its first five days at 4,069 North American locations, early estimates showed Wednesday.

“Transformers: The Last Knight,” starring Mark Wahlberg and directed by Michael Bay, took in $5.5 million in Tuesday night previews at about 3,000 locations. The preview number of $5.5 million is a match for the Thursday night previews from May 26 on Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.”

The first day gross, which includes the previews, was estimated in the $14 million to $15 million range, which projects to a range of $60 million to $62 million for the Wednesday-Sunday period.

60 mil for 5 days ouch, these movies used to guarantee 100 mil easy
finally people are waking up to the fact that they paying for the same dam movie every time PLZ LET THIS BE BAY'S LAST

and scrap this bumblebee spin-off and finally give us Unicron and soft reboot from there

60 mil for 5 days ouch, these movies used to guarantee 100 mil easy
finally people are waking up to the fact that they paying for the same dam movie every time PLZ LET THIS BE BAY'S LAST

and scrap this bumblebee spin-off and finally give us Unicron and soft reboot from there

Bay's not directing Bumblebee or TF6. The guy they picked to direct it is really damn good. We'll be fine.

Well, the Bumblebee spin-off is gonna be Trevor Knight's (dat pun, now we know why they cast him :funny:) debut as a live-action director, so it's hard to speculate as of yet if he'll do a good job or not.

I hope he does. Kubo and The Two Strings was great and this franchise desperately needs some fresh blood.

Franchise erosion was bound to happen eventually. It already started with the domestic gross for the last movie. We saw it with the Pirates franchise too.

If they really wanted a shared universe for Hasbro stuff, they waited way too long.

Just come back, as someone who liked the previous 4 and had fun with them, The Last Knight was a real disappointment. We have basically seen all of the Transformer action beats in the trailers. Prime is bad for all of ten minutes, if that, and it's a total waste of the name Nemesis Prime.

Optimus [BLACKOUT]coming back to the good side could have been a really powerful moment if he hadn't been bad for longer but it simply hasn't no impact when he has been bad for such as short space of time[/BLACKOUT].

Quintessa was quite good and had potential, but had limited screen time to make an impact. Megatron was mostly a waste. Grimlock disappears half way through the movie and is never seen again. Drift is in the finale for about 20 seconds then goes missing also.

And after AOE finally gave us a bit more bot interaction, it looked like we were heading in the right direction. But nope, the human characters take centre stage even more so than usual here. The final battle has about 10 mins of bot action, the rest is then humans fighting and being far too prominent. And there is about an hour sequence in the middle of the movie where Anthony Hopkins seems to talk non-stop for around an hour. I have never been bored with these movies before, but I was bored at several points here. On the plus side, Laura Haddock is absolutely gorgeous :hmr:.

For me the previous movies were always 50/50 between cool moments and poor ones. Here it is around 70% poor moments with 30% cool ones. And in the previous movies the cool moments tended to last for a while. Here they barely last 5 mins. The much hyped Optimus vs Bumblebee fight is over before you know it. I have supported Bay on this franchise more than most, but it's time for him to leave and let another director take over. This was the poorest TF movie for me. 5/10, and that's being a bit generous.

Last edited:
Just saw it at a packed theater with lots of kids and their parents... everyone seemed to like it well enough.
The series lost its wonder after the 2nd film... but if you like it, you like it.
Funny how they're still [blackout]saving Unicron for the next film[/blackout]
The Michael Bay era has run its course, it's time for a new director for TF6

You know I kind of feel bad for Isabel Moner. Because her whole character, was obviously a glorified marketing ploy to try and get the female audience to come and see this crap. In the actual movie, she's an afterthought.

And yet, for what little she's given to work with, she acted her tail off. I definitely want to see her in more (and better movies) going forward.

You know I kind of feel bad for Isabel Moner. Because her whole character, was obviously a glorified marketing ploy to try and get the female audience to come and see this crap. In the actual movie, she's an afterthought.

And yet, for what little she's given to work with, she acted her tail off. I definitely want to see her in more (and better movies) going forward.

I thought she was great, but the character itself was just a waste. Her, Simmons, Cade's assistant and Cogman just didn't need to be in this. Heck, neither did Hopkins character.

As actress though Moner has huge potential.

Last edited:
She acted her part like this was Stranger Things with robots. Well that, or she wanted to make sure that she still has a career after this turd.

She's like to this movie what Kelsey Grammer was to the last one (only he at least got more to do).

She acted her part like this was Stranger Things with robots. Well that, or she wanted to make sure that she still has a career after this turd.

She's like to this movie what Kelsey Grammer was to the last one (only he at least got more to do).

Grammar was at least part of the plot in AOE. Moner had no impact at all. Why give Cade a surrogate daughter when he has a real one?

Her acting was really good though so she should have a good career ahead of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"