Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They screwed up with Amazing spider-man.marc webb basiclly confirmed Electro will be main villain with Rhino being a small role.After batman begins had Ra's al ghul and scarecrow they went with the joker and Two face In the dark knight.
Instead of going with green goblin they went with electro:doh: amd they
cut mary jane out of film yet Divergent may be a bit hit and having
Shailee Woodley In film even for just 2 scenes as webb says that would have helped since some didn't respond to reboot as they did to the Rami Trilogy.
Seeing woodley at comic con for Divergent makes me think some reacted too quickly to her as mary Jane.

i don't think webb has made any mistakes at all, they have a planned out 4 films, webb is doing things differently and good on him

its got the hype, its gonna make the money

I imagine the poster will be Logan's face with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" written on his forehead.:o

:woot: :woot:

vrcyt3.jpg

People would be complaining if Webb used the same villain over again (see Zod in MOS). Now that he is using different villains, people are complaining still. Electro is a villain with a cool visual power and a lot of potential with an academy-award winning actor playing him. Also, Wolverine looks really pissed, so someone's about to die.

How many different Sentinel models are we going to get (I've seen at least three so far)?

has this been posted yet? Singer talks DOFP

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/07/19/director-bryan-singer-previews-x-men-days-of-future-past/

“It’s an original story, but it’s based on ‘Days of Future Past,’” explained Mr. Singer. “It takes into account all of the films so far and doesn’t go crazy trying to tie them together, but establishes a timeline and flushes out the universe.”

“At first we hadn’t settled on ‘Days of Future Past’ and were just talking about ‘The Godfather Part II’ as a model for a story with parallel timelines,” explained Mr. Kinberg. “But the more we talked about it, the more we were like, ‘This is the biggest story that hasn’t been told yet.’”

With its huge cast and a budget of more than $200 million, “Days of Future Past” is Fox’s biggest super-hero movie yet

“The goal is to take a step back and look at the franchise as more than one or two movies, but as an overarching mythology,” he said.

I'm also curious about the explanation for why the Sentinels came onto the scene in the 70s, then apparently lay low for 50 years before suddenly coming back. And how it all ties into the theme of how something you've done or haven't done in the past influences the future.

Though my cynical side suggests that their priority here is telling the story they want to tell, rather than consistency with the previous films.

probably lol

It just seems bizarre for these guys to lay low, and Xavier knowing about them for 50 years as well... why not send his X-men to destroy all the robots and the factories within that time frame????

Something will throw off the timeline that leads to a series of events happening that changes things.

it should be Xavier getting shot on the beach lol. Something happened to the time stream, he wasn't suppose to be shot, but someone (bishop?) who knows... traveled to the past to and accidentally threw off the time stream. Maybe someone was trying to kill Xavier? (but we couldn't see them??) I don't know how that brings about the sentinels quicker... but who knows.

Maybe Bishop saving Scott from Jean in X3 messed up the timeline (Jean's death exacerbated that shift).

Maybe thats what the Danger Room program was for...

... but he went 50 years with letting them still exist? that's like sitting around for 50 years knowing a 3rd world country has a nuke pointed at you and you're just waiting for the trigger to go off

I think in the original timeline, Magneto or Mystique will have killed Trask in the 70s, haulting his Sentinel project. However his friend Stryker kept the program running in secret or at least supported the company as it perfected the Sentinels in tribute to Trask, viewing him as a martyr. Maybe Mastermold was created and the Sentinels were being constructed automatically in a secret facility somewhere. Stryker would know about it hence Project Wideawake on his computer along with his "one day, someone will finish what I started!". Stryker just tried to do a quick over night genocide in X2...

Meanwhile, Xavier had the X-Men train against giant robots to prepare them just in case it ever happened...

And lets say they were being automatically constructed, what better way to hide from a telepath the location if there's no human mind there?

Last edited:
Xavier thought that it was a good idea to tell a Holocaust survivor that soldiers "were just following orders" which is the worst thing that you could possibly say. Xavier thought it was a good idea to contain Jean's godlike power with mental barriers, which only made it stronger and more angry. Xavier is capable of making dumb decisions from time to time.

I think in the original timeline, Magneto or Mystique will have killed Trask in the 70s, haulting his Sentinel project. However his friend Stryker kept the program running in secret or at least supported the company as it perfected the Sentinels in tribute to Trask, viewing him as a martyr. Maybe Mastermold was created and the Sentinels were being constructed automatically in a secret facility somewhere. Stryker would know about it hence Project Wideawake on his computer along with his "one day, someone will finish what I started!". Stryker just tried to do a quick over night genocide in X2...

Meanwhile, Xavier had the X-Men train against giant robots to prepare them just in case it ever happened...

And lets say they were being automatically constructed, what better way to hide from a telepath the location if there's no human mind there?

Possibility. I am thinking the X-Men kidnap Trask and try to convince him to shut down the program ala Miles Dyson. It's too much of a T2 knockoff though, and I don't think they go that direction. I think there will be a twist in the tale somewhere. If this was Stryker's backup plan all along, then he would have to be the new target of the Brotherhood/X-Men, and that would change the timeline completely. Or, it could be as simple as the Brotherhood targeting Trask and the X-Men rescuing him. Then Trask, realizing the error of his ways, shuts down the program before Stryker stumbles on it. But it seems all too convenient without some sort of twist in there.

Again, how does this actually affect the original timeline, assuming this is the case? Are the Sentinels merely postponed? Shut down completely thus preventing the apocalyptic future? It doesn't explain why some of the returning X-Men come back should the rumors pan out. Seems to be a missing piece somewhere, or another backdoor villain pulling the strings. There may be a time traveling villain that wants to unleash the Sentinels, and goes back in time to get the blue prints from Trask Industries, thus unleashing those metal monsters in the future. Maybe that is the guy they have to stop.

Last edited:
Well thats my idea for the original timeline. They would have to stop Magneto or Mystique from killing Trask which led to the eventual dark future... Somehow keeping the creator alive will have affected the future more positively than not. Like, he sees the error of his ways and stops the project completely. But in the original timeline, he never got to before being killed...

Possibility. I am thinking the X-Men kidnap Trask and try to convince him to shut down the program ala Miles Dyson. It's too much of a T2 knockoff though, and I don't think they go that direction. I think there will be a twist in the tale somewhere. If this was Stryker's backup plan all along, then he would have to be the new target of the Brotherhood/X-Men, and that would change the timeline completely. Or, it could be as simple as the Brotherhood targeting Trask and the X-Men rescuing him. Then Trask, realizing the error of his ways, shuts down the program before Stryker stumbles on it. But it seems all too convenient without some sort of twist in there.

Again, how does this actually affect the original timeline, assuming this is the case? Are the Sentinels merely postponed? Shut down completely thus preventing the apocalyptic future? It doesn't explain why some of the returning X-Men come back should the rumors pan out. Seems to be a missing piece somewhere, or another backdoor villain pulling the strings. There may be a time traveling villain that wants to unleash the Sentinels, and goes back in time to get the blue prints from Trask Industries, thus unleashing those metal monsters in the future. Maybe that is the guy they have to stop.

You know that's got me thinking. Everyone seems to say that the sentinel technology is way too advanced for the 70's but what if a villain from the future comes back to the past and gives Trask the technology to build the sentinels, thus changing the timeline of the original trilogy and causing sentinels to be devastating the future the X-men find out and go back in time to stop this from happening. Perhaps the plot twist is who travels back in time to give Trask the technology.

You know that's got me thinking. Everyone seems to say that the sentinel technology is way too advanced for the 70's but what if a villain from the future comes back to the past and gives Trask the technology to build the sentinels, thus changing the timeline of the original trilogy and causing sentinels to be devastating the future the X-men find out and go back in time to stop this from happening. Perhaps the plot twist is who travels back in time to give Trask the technology.

That's why Bishop is probably in the movie. Is he hunting Apocalypse in the past? What other villains could be the culprit? How are they traveling through time? Because we assumed the time travel would be acheived through mutant abilities, or is there a sci-fi device that people have been using all along. This would lead directly into X-Force.

But assuming this technology is provided by someone or something, it would require a complete change in philosophy for the Brotherhood/X-Men and they would have to combine forces to stop these ominous time transversing effects. This could all be the start of an Apocalypse trilogy to conclude the saga. I still wouldn't bet on it, because I think they still want to tell stories with the FC cast.

Another possibility is that Trask is the time-traveling villain (as another poster suggested), and the X-Men helping him survive actually speeds up the process of the Sentinels, or some bigger threat. Maybe the Sentinels were only a ploy for something bigger. That is a viable twist to the tale, and paves the way nicely for FC3 in the new timeline.

Last edited:
^but it's certainly a possibility, especially with all this talk about Apocalypse being featured heavily in upcoming films in the X-Men universe.

Thats what I call a great teory!

and.... what if that villain is...... well...... Apocalypse?? :wow:

and that would be their way to connect this movie with future ones, as rumored?

So what about Dinklage as Apocalypse? Let me see the manips RIGHT NOW!!!

They screwed up with Amazing spider-man.marc webb basiclly confirmed Electro will be main villain with Rhino being a small role.After batman begins had Ra's al ghul and scarecrow they went with the joker and Two face In the dark knight.
Instead of going with green goblin they went with electro:doh: amd they
cut mary jane out of film yet Divergent may be a bit hit and having
Shailee Woodley In film even for just 2 scenes as webb says that would have helped since some didn't respond to reboot as they did to the Rami Trilogy.
Seeing woodley at comic con for Divergent makes me think some reacted too quickly to her as mary Jane.

Meanwhile with DOFP you are adopting one of most well known X-Men arcs.You have cast members from X-Men trilogy and First Class,your bringing In the sentinles,and your introducing a Character that was very popular In 1990's
Bishop.And Bishop looks more comic accurate than Electro

It's too early for Green Goblin, save him for 3. Electro is an accurate description of his Ultimate counter part which the series is based on.

If the Sentinels were created in the 70s and existed for years, isn't it possible the program was officially shut down but continued to be developed in secret? Then the events of X3 gave all the support needed to initiate the program again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"