Days of Future Past Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it crazy that this section still has 91 viewings!

A few hours ago,this section had 131 online viewings!

The most hype film of 2014!
TASM2 section had and has more views. Using that as a measure of popularity is dumb. If that were reliable MoS should have dwarfed IM3.

No need to call me stupid.

I'm not using that as a measure on why DOFP is the most hype film of 2014. If you go to Twitter, Wikipedia, TotalFilm and other websites, DOFP has more hype and BoxOffice.com already mentioned that DOFP is indeed the most hype film of 2014.

No need to call me stupid.

I'm not using that as a measure on why DOFP is the most hype film of 2014. If you go to Twitter, Wikipedia, TotalFilm and other websites, DOFP has more hype and BoxOffice.com already mentioned that DOFP is indeed the most hype film of 2014.

Well DOFP and TASM2 has started showing off its stuff first, within the next few days that hype could change when Cap and GOTG stuff is shown if any.

We have already seen a couple of stuff from Cap2. Leaked photos of Winter Soldier, Concept art, logo and a poster.

No I'm not trying to create an issue (I love the movie). I'm pointing out one problem that I saw in the film. And I'm not the only one who' mentioned this (judging by some of the reviews and comments that I've read). Your making false equivalencies (for instance, Charles and Hank are white, Darwin and Angel are colored) and not getting my point. Why shouldn't the issue be brought up, because you don't want to discuss it? Xavier lost his ability to walk, Darwin died, Beast turned blue, Angel turned evil, they're not the same. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread over another movie from 2 years ago, so lets just agree to disagree.

We have already seen a couple of stuff from Cap2. Leaked photos of Winter Soldier, Concept art, logo and a poster.

Yes, but nothing like the official stuff we've gotten from the two non MS movies.

We should be getting a trailer for Cap 2 around September or October (Marvel Studios tends to release their first trailers 7 to 8 months before the movie is released).

No I'm not trying to create an issue (I love the movie). I'm pointing out one problem that I saw in the film. And I'm not the only one who' mentioned this (judging by some of the reviews and comments that I've read). Your making false equivalencies (for instance, Charles and Hank are white, Darwin and Angel are colored) and not getting my point. Why shouldn't the issue be brought up, because you don't want to discuss it? Xavier lost his ability to walk, Darwin died, Beast turned blue, Angel turned evil, they're not the same. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread over another movie from 2 years ago, so lets just agree to disagree.

And Magneto and Mystique also turned evil.

And I'm pretty sure the trailer for Cap 2 will be first attached to Thor 2.

Yeah, we knew that from X1. Why did Angel have to turn evil as well? She didn't even do anything of importance once she switched sides, so what was the point?

Yeah, we knew that from X1. Why did Angel have to turn evil as well? She didn't even do anything of importance once she switched sides, so what was the point?
Angel & Darwin are no name X-Men & not significant characters in X-Men history. There has to be a way to get rid of them as they can't be part of the team for more than a couple of films, preferably just the one (kind of like how Riptide & Azazel also should not appear in multiple films). There's core X-Men we haven't seen done properly yet who have featured in hundreds of issues as part of the X-teams. Storm, Bishop, Psylocke (if they go Asian) & Jubilee for eg if given main roles in future films will have better treatment.

Angel & Darwin are no name X-Men & not significant characters in X-Men history.

Yeah I said that to Loki882.

And there's just no way they would get rid of Banshee/Havok before Angel Salvadore/Darwin.

Would you prefer that Darwin and Angel never showed up in FC then? Coz I'm all for that. :o

so with the signs saying "50 years advancing human progress" does that make DOFP a complete alternate reality?

50 years after the 70s is the 2020's, which makes sense for the future (though odd that some haven't really aged that much) and if sentinels have been around since the 70s... shouldn't they have been FAR more of a big deal in the past movies besides just a Danger Room scene?

I'm also curious about the explanation for why the Sentinels came onto the scene in the 70s, then apparently lay low for 50 years before suddenly coming back. And how it all ties into the theme of how something you've done or haven't done in the past influences the future.

Though my cynical side suggests that their priority here is telling the story they want to tell, rather than consistency with the previous films.

Something will throw off the timeline that leads to a series of events happening that changes things.

lol TASM2 has more views than here though... that was before they even released footage and stuff. Of course that doesn't mean that it will make the most money out of the 4(but it will, it's F***ing SPIDER-MAN!)

i'm wondering how they will do the movie poster, will it be half split picture with wolverine in the middle with OT one side and FC other side

curious

oh, lord, another Wolverine on the center poster

Is there anything left taht could piss me off... yet appart from that?

I would love to see a poster where Wolverine hasnt the biggest photo and the rest small pics in the background.

Haha unfortunately i bet that will happen! Although with fewer FC cast maybe if we are lucky wolverine will be off-centre!

Wolverine off centre would be like avengers with Iron man off centre or justice league with Superman off centre.Never going to happen.

i wouldn't be surprised if it was wolverine in the middle with the screen split down the middle of him with OT Xavier and magneto upfront on one side with all the other OT characters in back ground of them and on the other side FC xavier and magneto up front with the FC characters in the back ground of them

i know many will say about Jennifer Lawrence but i'd imagine she will be just behind or maybe right next to magneto so she can still be seen quite closely

Last edited:
I imagine the poster will be Logan's face with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" written on his forehead.:o

lol TASM2 has more views than here though... that was before they even released footage and stuff. Of course that doesn't mean that it will make the most money out of the 4(but it will, it's F***ing SPIDER-MAN!)

Views mean nothing. Those characters have a built in fanbase who will remain loyal. The battle will be about which product resonates with the masses and connects with general audiences more.

Wolverine wearing mask in movie is one of worst ideas I read. He would look ridiculous. He isn't Batman or Spiderman, doesn't need to hide his face.

If Sentinels just began hunting mutants when Logan back to USA, it make sense Bishop is one of first prisoners, and that's why he has ,,M" on his face.

They screwed up with Amazing spider-man.marc webb basiclly confirmed Electro will be main villain with Rhino being a small role.After batman begins had Ra's al ghul and scarecrow they went with the joker and Two face In the dark knight.
Instead of going with green goblin they went with electro:doh: amd they
cut mary jane out of film yet Divergent may be a bit hit and having
Shailee Woodley In film even for just 2 scenes as webb says that would have helped since some didn't respond to reboot as they did to the Rami Trilogy.
Seeing woodley at comic con for Divergent makes me think some reacted too quickly to her as mary Jane.

Meanwhile with DOFP you are adopting one of most well known X-Men arcs.You have cast members from X-Men trilogy and First Class,your bringing In the sentinles,and your introducing a Character that was very popular In 1990's
Bishop.And Bishop looks more comic accurate than Electro

I imagine the poster will be Logan's face with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" written on his forehead.:o

Hahah yes this is even more lovely and then they change name to wolverine in days of future last! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"