• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers: The War for Cybertron

Omega Supreme and Trypticon are impossible to do on Hard with only 2 people. I tried playing it with a guy on CAG, we could barely make any progress. You need 3 people in them. Soundwave has to be pure support against Omega Supreme. Unfortunately Ratchet isn't usable against Trypticon.

First Transformers: War For Cybertron DLC Contains All Three Preorder Characters

Folks who spent up to $100 for War for Cybertron preorder codes on eBay are going to kick themselves, as a listing on the Xbox website for the game's first map pack indicates that all three preorder characters are included.

This is why we don't buy preorder codes on eBay Released just last week and garnering surprisingly positive reviews, Transformers: War for Cybertron features a robust multiplayer component. To entice players to reserve copies at Best Buy, Amazon.com, and GameStop, Activision supplied retailer-exclusive preorder codes that unlocked Shockwave, Demolishor, and Jazz character models for online play.

Earlier this week we ran a story on the outrageous prices players were paying for these character codes on eBay.

Now Kotaku reader ChrisRiss points us to a listing that recently appeared on the UK version Xbox.com for the prepaid code version of "Map and Character Pack #1" for the game. The listing indicates the pack contains two new maps for standard multiplayer, two Escalation mode maps, and five new characters for online multiplayer, including the three preorder bonuses.

Become the ultimate weapon and wage war in four new maps – engage in multiplayer combat in HAVOC and FORTRESS or fend off waves of Autobots in DISTRICT, and Decepticons in FORSAKEN, two new Escalation mode maps. Also gain access to 5 characters and their chassis for use in Escalation mode and Multiplayer character creation; SCATTERSHOT, ONSLAUGHT, DEMOLISHOR, SHOCKWAVE and JAZZ are ready for battle. Fight to the end in the war that started it all! There are no refunds for this item.

Mind that last sentence there, eBayers: "There are no refunds for this item."

Mind you this isn't the official listing for the DLC pack you will be buying whenever Activision decides to release it, but it seems unlikely that the text included in the listing is merely placeholder. Activision could still remove the three preorder characters before the pack is released, though that doesn't seem likely.

Plus, there's no price listing, though I'm guessing it'll go for a lot less than the $100 people were paying for Demolishor at the world's largest online auction house.

We've reached out to Activision for comment on this story, and will update should we receive a response.

Kotaku

yes...waiting....what a concept...kind of a dirty word in the fandom these days

I haven't even TOUCHED the online mode in this game yet, lol.

I've only played Conquest since I like having something to do besides going around killing people. Unfortunately, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Conquest are the only 3 modes that have more than 50 people playing them.

I like Escalation the most though and would like to play it with some people so we're more coordinated. However, I can imagine it getting boring after awhile since it REALLY cranks up around Wave 14 in the Autobot map.

Last edited:
The multiplayer is fantastic. Sadly, that I'm playing on the PC means this DLC will probably never make it my way.

I am so glad to hear we will be able to get all 3 pre-order characters when the first map pack comes out. I was just thinking about getting a code off ebay lol. Glad I came here first.

Last edited:
So how does this work ? Since I already bought the game at best buy unlocking Jazz and a friend of mine gave me their extra Shockwave code. Will I still be able to purchase this new map even if I have two out of the three characters ?

So how does this work ? Since I already bought the game at best buy unlocking Jazz and a friend of mine gave me their extra Shockwave code. Will I still be able to purchase this new map even if I have two out of the three characters ?

You'll still be able to get it.

Anyone have this for PS3 and interesting in doing some co-op or Escalation?

Sure, just tell me when. I live in germany though, so the whole time zone thing comes into it.

I'm getting close to the point of wanting to trade this game in. It's an absolutely unbelievable game, and for once the multiplayer is actually enjoyable for me, but I'm so sick of the continual freezing. I'm getting scared for the health of my PS3 the amount of times I've had to restart it with the power button because of this game. I could possibly understand if it were just the online play, but 90% of the time it's in offline campaign mode!

I'm definitely up for some co-op if you still want to though. My psn is MageMasher01

Last edited:
Transformers: War for Cybertron DLC Map and Character pack #1 hits July 27th for Xbox Live for 800 MS Points.
Link

It will come out for PSN the same day.

This is one of the very rare occasions where I want to purchase a game's DLC the day it comes out.

Now, I'd REALLY love some Cybertronian versions of Beast Wars characters. If they included most of them, I'd pay as much as $50.

Are these characters only for multiplayer or are they available for solo campaign?

That would be awesome

I've been obsessed with Cybertronian versions of them since the Botcon exclusive figures from 3 years ago.

r_airazor063.jpg

r_airazor123.jpg

Are these characters only for multiplayer or are they available for solo campaign?

You can only use them in Escalation and you can use their chassis for your characters in multiplayer. Single player campaign is still limited to the 3 characters you can select at the beginning of each chapter.

I've been obsessed with Cybertronian versions of them since the Botcon exclusive figures from 3 years ago.

r_airazor063.jpg

r_airazor123.jpg

Did you know that they also released a single issue in the Transformers comic line that fills in the gaps of what took place on Cybertron before the Maximals andthe Predacons arrived on Pre-historic Earth ? It's entitled Dawn of Future's Past
large
I have the comic

Last edited:
That art looks familiar. I may have seen it but don't recall. I'll have to find it somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"