Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
latest

Okay, so we know from Feige and Thompson now that Valkyrie is looking for love in this movie, so I really hope they have it be a plot line, subplot line, whatever, throughout the film. THEN, have the post-credits scene be Carol arriving in New Asgard and the two of them falling head over heels in love with each other.

Wishful thinking?

I'm hoping she has screentime in this. I'm still holding out hope that Thor becomes her queen since she's the king :funny:.
But seriously I want Thor to take back the throne and we get the both of them ruling Asgard. We could get a sequel to followup on that. That was what I was hoping for when this movie got announced.

I'm hoping she has screentime in this. I'm still holding out hope that Thor becomes her queen since she's the king :funny:.
But seriously I want Thor to take back the throne and we get the both of them ruling Asgard. We could get a sequel to followup on that. That was what I was hoping for when this movie got announced.

This

One thing that makes me want to see Thor keep not being king is that I would like to see him in GotG3. He can be the protector of Asgard, and Earth, but still go around and be a hero, like his attitude was at the beginning of Ragnarok, which was awesome. That makes for an entertaining place for him in the MCU.

I do think that he should have been king after the events of Ragnarok, but we're in the place where they wrote him to relinquish that title in Endgame so my reasoning is based on where we are, rather than what I think the ideal situation should have been.

Okay, so we know from Feige and Thompson now that Valkyrie is looking for love in this movie, so I really hope they have it be a plot line, subplot line, whatever, throughout the film. THEN, have the post-credits scene be Carol arriving in New Asgard and the two of them falling head over heels in love with each other.

Wishful thinking?
If Valkyrie is going to be more overtly LGBTQ, then Carol has to at least be a contender for her interests.

One thing that makes me want to see Thor keep not being king is that I would like to see him in GotG3. He can be the protector of Asgard, and Earth, but still go around and be a hero, like his attitude was at the beginning of Ragnarok, which was awesome. That makes for an entertaining place for him in the MCU.

I do think that he should have been king after the events of Ragnarok, but we're in the place where they wrote him to relinquish that title in Endgame so my reasoning is based on where we are, rather than what I think the ideal situation should have been.

I see Thor's purpose as more of a wandering space Knight now; similar look to Infinity War but no fat Thor meshing with some of the epic adventurous tone from Ragnarok (that scene where he escapes from Hulk through the window at Sakaar was excellent as was the post-credits music and image montage to kind of explain the tone I think they'll probably go with).

A king of new Asgard he's past at this point as I'm assuming the 9 realms aren't even looked after by Asgard anymore like before unless a Bi-Frost that works similarly is built he'll travel through space looking for adventure leaving the future to the new citizens of Asgard visiting occasionally kind of like he did with old Asgard just less connected. This leaves open the he (or she) who is ever worthy trope discussed in the Donald Blake thread to come into play with Jane getting the hammer while staving off cancer like in the comics perhaps...

The Queen of Asgard I'll wager will be another Valkyrie type character as presumably this whimsical entourage envisioned by Odin will now manage all the affairs of new Asgard more front and center with a wider/less military centered purpose.

Tessa Thompson Revisits 'Sylvie's Love' & Teases Thor: Love And Thunder
I think you’re still here in the States, but are you heading to Australia soon for “Thor: Love and Thunder”? Can you even say?

I think I can. [Laughs.] I hope I can say because I’ve certainly been talking about it today. Yes, I am in the new “Thor” movie; I’m officially in the film. I’m very excited, I travel to Australia at the top of next year, and then I’ll quarantine. Thankfully we can shoot because Australia’s under control; their administration has been able to figure out a way to keep everyone safe so we can safely make the film, and we’ll make it this year. And Natalie Portman, who is also a good friend of mine, has been there for a couple of months, Taika’s there, everyone’s working and really excited.

Can you tease anything about what’s in store for Valkyrie this time around?

Yeah. I can tease that she’s definitely King of New Asgard when we find her. And as was the case in the last four, I would say that she’s a part of an adventure that involved Thor, in the sense that it’s called “Thor: Love and Thunder.” And I’d say there’s some cool stuff going on. We have some new characters; we have some folks potentially from other pockets of the MCU. And then we have some folks, maybe, that we’ve seen before.

“It’s very funny and actually very touching”

That’s an accurate description of Taika’s style. Having said that the “very touching” part seems to be somewhat of a welcome course correction in regards to Ragnarok. The Jane Foster storyline in itself is quite emotional.

“It’s very funny and actually very touching”

That’s an accurate description of Taika’s style. Having said that the “very touching” part seems to be somewhat of a welcome course correction in regards to Ragnarok. The Jane Foster storyline in itself is quite emotional.
Agreed. They need to get the emotional weight to this story right. There were a couple of badly timed jokes in Ragnarok which undercut potentially resonant scenes and I hope there is no sign of that here.

Hope she gets a good role here. I’d like them to show her power level more.

Hope she gets a good role here. I’d like them to show her power level more.

I definitely want to see more of her fighting on her pegasus. That shot of her flying past a Leviathan while slicing through it with her sword in EG was badass.

I also like the idea that she might have trained a new Valkyrie corps during her time as king.

I definitely want to see more of her fighting on her pegasus. That shot of her flying past a Leviathan while slicing through it with her sword in EG was badass.

I also like the idea that she might have trained a new Valkyrie corps during her time as king.
Yeah, the Pegasus needs to return at some point. A worthy steed for the Queen of Asgard. Makes sense that a new Valkyrie corps would eventually get trained and they could turn up for the next mega-event.

Is it just me, or does she look even bigger than she did in Thor Ragnarok? Look at her arms! How swole is she going to be by the time she starts filming? :funny:

Seems she’s taking some of that super soldier serum and whatever motivation is giving Chris his large guns. Not that I’m complaining, mind you.

Is it just me, or does she look even bigger than she did in Thor Ragnarok? Look at her arms! How swole is she going to be by the time she starts filming? :funny:

She protec
She attac

But most importantly:

She thicc

Seems she’s taking some of that super soldier serum and whatever motivation is giving Chris his large guns. Not that I’m complaining, mind you.

Natalie's certainly got a lot to live up to in the gun department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"