Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson

Yeah her styling in this film is great and dammit she better live!

At one point in the trailer Valkyrie wields Zeus lighting! While fighting Gorr nonetheless. Cool.

This is basically confirmation that Zeus isn't making it out of this movie alive. Because there's no way I could see him giving his weapon away to someone he probably views as a lesser god.

Also, the lightning bolt is probably what will give Val those extra powers we've heard about, effectively turning her into a third thunder god alongside Thor and Jane.

This is basically confirmation that Zeus isn't making it out of this movie alive. Because there's no way I could see him giving his weapon away to someone he probably views as a lesser god.

Also, the lightning bolt is probably what will give Val those extra powers we've heard about, effectively turning her into a third thunder god alongside Thor and Jane.

Turning Valkyrie into a third thunder god is not something I would like to see, but I did enjoy seeing her wield Zeus's lightning bolt.

063736b4d870efa8844edb2aa72928160f53416c.gif

50b3a83ea7195ba97e84376fabe50d5c4623c1e7.gif

Last edited:
So no love story on that end then.

I can't say with any certainty, but I get the sense a good chunk of Valkyrie's character arc got left on the cutting room floor.

Definitely felt like they wanted to make sure this one came under 2 hours.

Not the worst thing because this is clearly meant to be Thor and Jane's story, but something felt a bit off about Valkyrie's scenes.

She looked absolutely bored in this movie. But maybe that was the character arc? Not really sure. It’s like they wanted a story about her not really wanting to be king and instead back in the action. But it didn’t seem to go anywhere and she disappeared after the shadow realm fight.

Liked what we got of her. Thompson continues to be outstanding in the role. You could tell a lot of her content got left on the cutting room floor. I'm sure it didn't help that her and Taika were pushing for her to "find a queen" in this movie, which the suits certainly shut down fast.

The more I think about it, the more I wish that we got some Darcy/Valkyrie interactions. They seem like they'd have great chemistry. And hey, if we ever get the queen plot greenlit, there's a reason for her to stay relevant. Darcy being Bi would be the least surprising character development possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"