Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson

Very nice. Hopefully that exact shot is somewhere in the film.

I'm more excited to see Valkyrie again more than any other characters outside of Thor himself and probably Gorr.

The only reason I can't get into Jane Foster Thor is because other people lifting Mjolnir is a bit watered down and overused at this point. Plus I never really cared for characters who are basically gender swapped or race swapped versions of previously established characters.

But Jane does look very well done and I'm loving that they're adapting the
cancer storyline.
It'll give her and the film more depth and not have her come off as a shock value character.

cancer storyline.
It'll give her and the film more depth and not have her come off as a shock value character.

Judging by some of the set photos, it also looks like they'll be giving more context to the "mutual dumping" that was referenced in Ragnarok. Perhaps it'll be revealed that her cancer was a factor (Jane not wanting Thor to see her suffer and die)?

Judging by some of the set photos, it also looks like they'll be giving more context to the "mutual dumping" that was referenced in Ragnarok. Perhaps it'll be revealed that her cancer was a factor (Jane not wanting Thor to see her suffer and die)?

That would be awesome.

Christ, Tessa really is a goddess, isn't she?

f550fd3a-d4d1-48f2-8333-c89ddeb04e12-getty-1394349942.jpg

c3b20f31-b922-44a1-97d8-1e7b21d8f533-getty-1394349849.jpg

Anyone else wanna join me in the Church of Tessa?

57338517-10777497-image-m-126_1651560691375.jpg

57338641-10777497-image-m-131_1651560766383.jpg

FRy3iFBVkAErxcZ

That last picture is stunning.

What are these pics related to? Or just for fun?

I'm more excited to see Valkyrie again more than any other characters outside of Thor himself and probably Gorr.

The only reason I can't get into Jane Foster Thor is because other people lifting Mjolnir is a bit watered down and overused at this point. Plus I never really cared for characters who are basically gender swapped or race swapped versions of previously established characters.

cancer storyline.
I’m excited to see Valkyrie but on the condition that they show her powerset much more effectively than to date. I want to be able to believe that as ruler of Asgard she can effectively fight alongside the Thors and make a meaningful difference against Gorr.

As for Jane, Mjolnir is not the biggest part for me. For eg others lifted Mjolnir but it didn’t turn them into a Norse entity. I want to see if she can be convincing as an Asgardian level threat from her humble beginnings as a scientist. (unlike those who were already superpowered/enhanced)

I’m excited to see Valkyrie but on the condition that they show her powerset much more effectively than to date. I want to be able to believe that as ruler of Asgard she can effectively fight alongside the Thors and make a meaningful difference against Gorr.

As for Jane, Mjolnir is not the biggest part for me. For eg others lifted Mjolnir but it didn’t turn them into a Norse entity. I want to see if she can be convincing as an Asgardian level threat from her humble beginnings as a scientist. (unlike those who were already superpowered/enhanced)

I assume they'll follow the comics in explaining that she learned how to use Mjolnir after watching Thor do it for so many years.

I assume they'll follow the comics in explaining that she learned how to use Mjolnir after watching Thor do it for so many years.
I don't so much mind the how or the justification of why she has the powers, just want her to be totally convincing with them. So far the look already is as good as I could have imagined, and on top of that I give Portman a ton of credit for making serious gains with those arms. :cwink:

First official look at armored Valkyrie in TLT. She looks really good. :yay:

FS6O4IgXEAoIZH1

Her new costume is miles better than the old one. And why wouldn't you want to leave those beautiful, muscular arms out in the open rather than covering them up?

I can't see the picture.
It was just a close up of Valkyrie in that new released image.

I wonder if everyone else can see it though…

I can see it and Valkyrie looks amazing. Best we’ve ever seen her. Much better armoured outfit and her arms indeed look great alongside Natalie’s. Also her hair looks much better.

At one point in the trailer Valkyrie wields Zeus lighting! While fighting Gorr nonetheless. Cool.

At one point in the trailer Valkyrie wields Zeus lighting! While fighting Gorr nonetheless. Cool.
Yeah, great to see. This film needs to show what she can do more effectively than Ragnarok did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"