Valkyrie - Tessa Thompson

She looked absolutely bored in this movie. But maybe that was the character arc? Not really sure. It’s like they wanted a story about her not really wanting to be king and instead back in the action. But it didn’t seem to go anywhere and she disappeared after the shadow realm fight.

I believe the idea was she was bored with the political bureaucratic life. She wanted to die on the battlefield and be reunited with her sisters in Valhalla. She didn't want to be King of Asgard. It's just that there wasn't enough of this subplot so it's impact was lessened.

Liked what we got of her. Thompson continues to be outstanding in the role. You could tell a lot of her content got left on the cutting room floor. I'm sure it didn't help that her and Taika were pushing for her to "find a queen" in this movie, which the suits certainly shut down fast.

The more I think about it, the more I wish that we got some Darcy/Valkyrie interactions. They seem like they'd have great chemistry. And hey, if we ever get the queen plot greenlit, there's a reason for her to stay relevant. Darcy being Bi would be the least surprising character development possible.
I would have liked some interactions between them too. I think they’d come off well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"