WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

Fallen

I'm done running from my past.
Reaction score
SPOILERS !!! SPOILERS !!! SPOILERS !!!

Wandavision-Marvel-Disney-Logos-the-avengers-43096484-540-225.gif

Post and talk about spoilers here.

Review embargo lifts tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. PT.

First 2 episodes drop this Friday.

This show has nine episodes. The show is about Scarlet Witch and Vision.

Well, I'm hooked. A great couple of episodes, with a lot of mystery already.

Loved hearing the MCU fanfare at the beginning! Oh how I've missed that.

Loved the S.W.O.R.D. references.

I keep analyzing the voice that says "Wanda, who's doing this to you?" assuming it's someone we're already familiar with. At first I thought it was Clint. He was last person seen with Wanda at the end of Endgame, so it would kinda make sense. But the more I listen to it, the more it doesn't sound like him.

Definitely looking forward to next weeks episode.

EDIT: And the person at the very end of episode 1, a SWORD agent I presume... please be Abigail Brand.

Last edited:
My wife and her flying saucers
tumblr_por904Ckf81qjlx7n_500.gif

My husband and his indestructible head
main-qimg-4151383f98441f6e87b77bedf7534af0

I feel like this is the type of show where we'll be able to analyze all the lines for a while.

For now I guess I'll just keep wondering where else the devil is besides in the details, and think about what period-appropriate ads they could make to reference things like Ultron/Pietro's Death, Civil War, Thanos, etc. after the previous ones were seemingly referencing the Stark bomb and being in captivity of and being watched by Strücker.

Also, is "Geraldine" Monica's S.W.O.R.D. alias or something?

Last edited:
So...was that an AIM scientist in episode 2?

They even had bees buzzing around him.

EDIT:

NM, apparently that was the sword logo.

Last edited:
So...was that an AIM scientist in episode 2?

They even had bees buzzing around him ;)
He had a SWORD logo on his back, so I imagine it was actually a hazmat suit appearing as a beekeeper suit in Wanda's reality for some reason.

The sitcom thing is a show within the show.
The end of the first episode shows that they are being monitored by SWORD.
Wanda and Vision don't remember their story.
I think Wanda is being held prisoner by SWORD and being subject to a BARF simulation.
Wanda suddenly develops a baby bump and asks if this is really happening. It isn't.
The colored helicopter had a SWORD symbol on it.
The beekeeper had a SWORD symbol on him.

He had a SWORD logo on his back, so I imagine it was actually a hazmat suit appearing as a beekeeper suit in Wanda's reality for some reason.

OK, you are right. The audio description said it was a symbol that looked like a target, so that's why I was thinking AIM for a bit.

So if that was a SWORD agent, I think Wanda is trying to keep them out. I get the sense that she's voluntarily going along with this. She doesn't want to be ripped from her dream.

I think Wanda is being held prisoner by SWORD and being subject to a BARF simulation.
Wanda suddenly develops a baby bump and asks if this is really happening. It isn't.

I'm not so sure SWORD is the cause of this. I think Wanda is to some degree, along with maybe some other nefarious parties who manipulated her.

The structure of the series paying homage to various classic TV series sitcoms like The Dick Van dyke show, I dream of Genie, the honeymooners, Bewitched etc. Is a stroke of genius. I liked the mystery behind the story surrounding the background of how WandaVision ended up in Westview. I suspect that has we get further into the modern era of sitcom Valley things are definitely going to ramp up into high gear.

Love the S.W.O.R.D. introduction
The commercials featuring Stark Industries and Hydra were a nice touch
Wanda's reality bending abilities
Visions attempts to fit in with the towns people is hilarious

I feel like SWORD is rather trying to get into it/get Wanda out of it instead of trying to keep her prisoner there. Hence the helicopter trying to get in and the beekeeper (or hazmat suit) dude trying to get in but Wanda keeping him out.

Was also thinking, Agnes gifting Wanda a plant in episode 1 reminded me of the Wundagore Everbloom gift. Probably won't be relevant to the story at all, just where my mind went when I saw it.

Another thought that popped into my mind: maybe her 'husband' Ralph is actually that 'Devil'? She constantly says how bad he is but we never see him. If she's Agatha I could see some kind of pact being similar to a marriage. Chthon or Mephisto could be him maybe?

I feel like SWORD is rather trying to get into it/get Wanda out of it instead of trying to keep her prisoner there. Hence the helicopter trying to get in and the beekeeper (or hazmat suit) dude trying to get in but Wanda keeping him out.

Was also thinking, Agnes gifting Wanda a plant in episode 1 reminded me of the Wundagore Everbloom gift. Probably won't be relevant to the story at all, just where my mind went when I saw it.

Another thought that popped into my mind: maybe her 'husband' Ralph is actually that 'Devil'? She constantly says how bad he is but we never see him. If she's Agatha I could see some kind of pact being similar to a marriage. Chthon or Mephisto could be him maybe?

Maybe Agnes and Dottie are both evil witches and are the ones doing it to Wanda, and SWORD is trying to save her from them.

Maybe Agnes and Dottie are both evil witches and are the ones doing it to Wanda, and SWORD is trying to save her from them.
Agnes I'm betting is Agatha Harkness. She definitely seems in on it at least.

Dottie not being nice feels like a (blood-)red herring to me. She may be another SWORD agent though, just like Monica unaware of what's going on. She may in fact be based on Dorothy Bixby, who was an undercover SHIELD agent in Pleasant Hill, a reality-warped town that is used to imprison people, almost exactly like what Westview seems to be.

I loved all the little moments like my husband and his indestructible head. I felt like the Stark Toaster was a stand in for the bomb killing her parents and then all the time waiting for the other one to go of with the beeping countdown.

The fact there seems to be this emphasis and encouragement to have children makes me feel like some entity wants Wanda to have kids so they can use those kids as a vessel or gateway. Maybe Chthon or Mephisto. A powerful otherworldly being could then be the cause of maybe leading Wanda down the road of multiverse mayhem as she tries to get her kids back, get revenge or she just goes mad.

Is it possible that SWORD is sending their Agents in Wanda’s simulation maybe as a test or something? Because if Monica is working for them and she’s in this simulation seemingly clueless, then maybe they’re sending their own in against their will.

some other things from the episode 2 opening:
"Westview: Home is where you make it" - Westview is 'made'?
Bova Milk - Bova
Auntie A's: Kitty Litter that Casts - Agatha
Wonder Oats - Wonder Man
There's also a thing on the table next to the lamp at the end that I don't know what it is, but it has this wing-like shape that reminds me of Whizzer's head wing.

I wonder if the other people in Westview are also SWORD. Probably most of them are original to this show, but it might be fun to look at their names anyway.

Dottie could be Dorothy Bixby, since Pleasant Hill came out literally right after Tom King's Vision and with such a similar location may have been an inspiration for this show.
The Harts may be Philip and Marie Hart, married scientist couple (and parents of Jack (of) H(e)art(s))
Herb could be Herbert Wyndham (the High Evolutionary, who is also involved in the Maximoff twins' convoluted origins in the comics)
It's probably nothing, but might be fun to put it out there for speculation.

Last edited:
Also anytime Wanda feels pressure or uncertainty reality gets bent. I suspect its a sign of her mental instability breaking like it did in the comics leading to House of M.

Saw someone post this somewhere. Was the wallpaper actually like this in the show or is this photoshopped? I definitely didn't notice it while watching.
CM8G6fG.png

Some behind the scenes. At 0:23 I recognize Wonder Man clearly on the left, and a panel of Dr. Strange delivering one of the twins and showing him to Vision in the bottom right. Does anyone recognize anything else?

Last edited:
The fact there seems to be this emphasis and encouragement to have children makes me feel like some entity wants Wanda to have kids so they can use those kids as a vessel or gateway. Maybe Chthon or Mephisto. A powerful otherworldly being could then be the cause of maybe leading Wanda down the road of multiverse mayhem as she tries to get her kids back, get revenge or she just goes mad.

According to rumors, Mephisto is set to appear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"