• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

I loved all the little moments like my husband and his indestructible head. I felt like the Stark Toaster was a stand in for the bomb killing her parents and then all the time waiting for the other one to go of with the beeping countdown

I think you are definitely right here. Someone on reddit thinks all the commercials they are going to do are references to different trauma events that Wanda has experienced.

Episode 1 - The Bomb
Episode 2 - Stucker's experiments

I'm convinced that the "commercials" are Wanda's memories. The Stark toaster representing the Stark bomb that killed her parents. And of course, the Strucker watch representing her imprisonment at Struckers base. And I think the couple in the commercials may be her parents.

some other things from the episode 2 opening:
"Westview: Home is where you make it" - Westview is 'made'?
Bova Milk - Bova
Auntie A's: Kitty Litter that Casts - Agatha
Wonder Oats - Wonder Man
There's also a thing on the table next to the lamp at the end that I don't know what it is, but it has this wing-like shape that reminds me of Whizzer's head wing.

I wonder if the other people in Westview are also SWORD. Probably most of them are original to this show, but it might be fun to look at their names anyway.

Dottie could be Dorothy Bixby, since Pleasant Hill came out literally right after Tom King's Vision and with such a similar location may have been an inspiration for this show.
The Harts may be Philip and Marie Hart, married scientist couple (and parents of Jack (of) H(e)art(s))
Herb could be Herbert Wyndham (the High Evolutionary, who is also involved in the Maximoff twins' convoluted origins in the comics)
It's probably nothing, but might be fun to put it out there for speculation.
At the very least they could just be nods to those characters, but I definitely think you're on to something.

It feels good to have the MCU back!

Very enjoyable start and I'm intrigued. Love how bonkers and unique this show is and the fact that Falcon and Winter Soldier is what follows? Two shows that couldn't be any different.

I thought that was Monica Rambeau. Really looking forward to next week's episode. I might have to rewatch the first two episodes again tonight or at the very least, this weekend.

I'm convinced that the "commercials" are Wanda's memories. The Stark toaster representing the Stark bomb that killed her parents. And of course, the Strucker watch representing her imprisonment at Struckers base. And I think the couple in the commercials may be her parents.

Prediction: An upcoming episode will have a commercial for "Quicksilver" running shoes and the actor in the commercial will be Evan Peters.

Prediction: An upcoming episode will have a commercial for "Quicksilver" running shoes and the actor in the commercial will be Evan Peters.

I think that's a safe prediction (regarding the shoe angle at least).
So assuming these commercials are supposed to be traumatic events in her life, I guessing we're gonna see ones relating to Sokovia getting destroyed, the explosion Wanda caused at the beginning of Civil War and Vision's death.

I won't get to watch it until later but of course I'm in the spoiler thread. :funny: I saw the commercials online and definitely agree that they're supposed to be her memories.

I'm really curious to see how it unfolds. I didn't want Wanda to be a prisoner of SWORD but it sounds like it may be that way? The Sokovia Accords are still biting Team Cap all these years later?

ETA: I saw on reddit that these eps appear to confirm something a Twitter leaker talked about back in December. He has spoilers on Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki too if he ends up being legit.
https://twitter.com/WardellRoger

Last edited:
They keep mentioning children but we never see any. Could the bad guys be manipulating Wanda into having children so they could seize them for their own purposes?

I won't get to watch it until later but of course I'm in the spoiler thread. :funny: I saw the commercials online and definitely agree that they're supposed to be her memories.

I'm really curious to see how it unfolds. I didn't want Wanda to be a prisoner of SWORD but it sounds like it may be that way? The Sokovia Accords are still biting Team Cap all these years later?

ETA: I saw on reddit that these eps appear to confirm something a Twitter leaker talked about back in December. He has spoilers on Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki too if he ends up being legit.
https://twitter.com/WardellRoger

Interesting, I know the original Roger Wardell twitter was correct about a lot of things but people assumed this new account was fake/not the same person. But that tweet about the names Glamor and Illusion is very specific, so this might be the original Roger Wardell. Plus there's that mention about the Grim Reaper and we see his helmet in the 2 episode intro.

One more thing I'm wondering about. When at the end it zooms out and we see them being watched on a screen it becomes hexagon shaped and in the episode 2 opening it also starts with 6 stars in a hexagon shape around the moon. What would be the significance of that?

And then maybe a commercial advertising a new perfume called "Titan" featuring Josh Brolin?

And then maybe a commercial advertising a new perfume called "Titan" featuring Josh Brolin?
I've heard many suggestions. Oven mits of course. One I liked was if it's in the 90s to have some new candy (or drink) that comes in 6 Xtreme! flavors/colors, and maybe come with some collectibles.

If I had to guess, I'd say the remaining commercials for the '70s-'00s TV episodes will be nods to Quicksilver, Ultron, the Lagos incident, and Thanos since those each had a profound effect on Wanda in the MCU.

Next week should be the "Brady Bunch" episode, right?

Next week should be the "Brady Bunch" episode, right?

Should be. 50's, 60's, then 70's. Episode 4 should be Family Ties/Full House (80's). Then Roseanne (90's). I don't know about after that...

Should be. 50's, 60's, then 70's. Episode 4 should be Family Ties/Full House (80's). Then Roseanne (90's). I don't know about after that...

I think Friends/The Office (00s) would be the last of the sitcom-style episodes.

I think Friends/The Office (00s) would be the last of the sitcom-style episodes.

I think I saw in a commercial a
mocumentary element where she speaks in front of the camera. Makes sense a Witch-Robot-Family will count as a Modern Family

The teaser from yesterday where Wanda says "yeah, I'm not sure what that's about" to the camera seems very Modern Family to me.

Ok, never watched Modern Family, I'm just going by what Fiege or someone said about shows they are using for inspiration, with Friends and The Office being mentioned.

I've heard many suggestions. Oven mits of course. One I liked was if it's in the 90s to have some new candy (or drink) that comes in 6 Xtreme! flavors/colors, and maybe come with some collectibles.

There should totally an advertisement for a breakfast cereal called “Than-O’s”, with the O’s being in the different colors of the Infinity Stones, and “Now 50% less sugar!” labeled on the box. And the commercial slogan should be, “Part of a perfectly balanced breakfast, as all things should be”. Have there also be a prize to collect 6 different items or coupons to win a special prize.

Also, entirely narrated by Josh Brolin in typical commercial voiceover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"