WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

Love this show, I think it is the best and most emotionally resonant thing the MCU has made, and that last scene between Wanda and Vision is the best scene in the whole MCU.

After this season and especially episodes 8 and 9 I think Elizabeth Olsen is the best actress working today. Paul Bettany is absolutely fantastic as well.

I’m excited to see the continuing story threads.

It is interesting to see how some of the speculation and theories took on a life of their own, I hope in those cases people didn’t lose sight of the fact that the show is about Wanda.

Love this show, I think it is the best and most emotionally resonant thing the MCU has made, and that last scene between Wanda and Vision is the best scene in the whole MCU.

After this season and especially episodes 8 and 9 I think Elizabeth Olsen is the best actress working today. Paul Bettany is absolutely fantastic as well.

It is interesting to see how some of the speculation and theories took on a life of their own, I hope in those cases people didn’t lose sight of the fact that the show is about Wanda.

I agree with this post (except maybe Olsen being the best actress, she was great, but not my best actress).

Binged this show yesterday with my Marvel buddy and we both really enjoyed it! I stayed away from spoilers, not even watching trailers. The weirdness was amazing, the music was great, the TV sitcom thing was fun. The story and characters were interesting to me. I am very keen to see what comes next to Wanda, Vision, and Monica.

I finished reading this thread too and while it is fun for me to read fan theories and reactions, some of the comments are a eyebrow raising to me. A show should be judged on its own merits and not based on which fan theories became true or not.

I agree with this post (except maybe Olsen being the best actress, she was great, but not my best actress).

Binged this show yesterday with my Marvel buddy and we both really enjoyed it! I stayed away from spoilers, not even watching trailers. The weirdness was amazing, the music was great, the TV sitcom thing was fun. The story and characters were interesting to me. I am very keen to see what comes next to Wanda, Vision, and Monica.

I finished reading this thread too and while it is fun for me to read fan theories and reactions, some of the comments are a eyebrow raising to me. A show should be judged on its own merits and not based on which fan theories became true or not.

The hope is that we see Monica again before Captain Marvel 2, likely in Secret Invasion. I say this because Captain Marvel 2 isn't until November 2022 and 20 months is a very long time for a brand new superhero to make her next appearance. It's one thing if it's 20 months between appearances of Thor or the Hulk because they are already established in the MCU, but Monica is a fairly new superhero and she will need to appear at least once before CM2.

Captain Marvel 2 has a release date and Secret Invasion is still TBD. Maybe Miss Marvel?

Captain Marvel 2 has a release date and Secret Invasion is still TBD. Maybe Miss Marvel?

I am of the opinion we'll see Monica in the MCU again before Captain Marvel 2, which is 20 months away, but only in mid-credits or post-credits, which I actually will be fine with. Plus, Monica is the new popular character in the MCU, so she's not going to be sidelined in the MCU until November 2022, when Captain Marvel 2 comes out. 100% Monica shows up back in the MCU before November 2022 but only in Mid-credits or post credits.

I'm interested to see how far they go with MCU Walker. Is US Agent going to be a full on crazy villain or troubled misguided antagonist turned ally.

I hope more the latter. We've had various forms of "evil ruthless footsoldier" before, like Blonsky and Rumlow. A foil who wants to be a hero, but is bad at it because he's kind of an *******, would be something different, and something where Sam could show off his "Captain America Successor" bona fides: by helping the crappy hero become a better one.

One thing I thought about Wanda prior to fight is this is someone who's been trained by Cap and Natasha and when it's clear Agnes is draining her powers, she throws a car at her.

Yeah, the final battle made clear that Wanda may be overwhelmed with grief and distracted by all kinds of insanity being tossed her way. . . but she's also a fully trained superhero, who cycles through a series of plans to beat Agatha. It may have taken until the third one before she won, but that isn't because Wanda was dumb or incompetent, but because Agatha was powerful and clever and had already set herself up really well.

( For the record, it was "Blindside attack with a physical object", "Mental attack against her own psychological trauma", and "**** it, she bound me with a set of runes, lets see what happens if I create copies of them the size of buildings" )

Oh, and as for Monica using her powers. . . she barely did. Note that the x-ray showed up as blank with no bones. One plausible interpretation is that she doesn't need to turn into energy, she *is* energy. Energy that happens to look like a human, until someone tries to, oh, put a bunch of bullets into it.

I hope more the latter. We've had various forms of "evil ruthless footsoldier" before, like Blonsky and Rumlow. A foil who wants to be a hero, but is bad at it because he's kind of an *******, would be something different, and something where Sam could show off his "Captain America Successor" bona fides: by helping the crappy hero become a better one.
True, it would be good for something different to what we’re used to.

Oh, and as for Monica using her powers. . . she barely did. Note that the x-ray showed up as blank with no bones. One plausible interpretation is that she doesn't need to turn into energy, she *is* energy. Energy that happens to look like a human, until someone tries to, oh, put a bunch of bullets into it.

She just had her powers and it's not like this is her only appearance, so her doing what she did in WandaVision is fine. This is no big deal. She'll be back. I don't think Teyonah Parris would have taken the role if she knew this was a one off appearance.

Last edited:
The hope is that we see Monica again before Captain Marvel 2, likely in Secret Invasion. I say this because Captain Marvel 2 isn't until November 2022 and 20 months is a very long time for a brand new superhero to make her next appearance. It's one thing if it's 20 months between appearances of Thor or the Hulk because they are already established in the MCU, but Monica is a fairly new superhero and she will need to appear at least once before CM2.

Whatever plans they have for Monica, I am looking forward to seeing it. She is a cool new addition to the MCU. Would be nice to see more of her before Captain Marvel 2. Otherwise, it would just make me doubly excited for Captain Marvel 2. :D

OMFG
That would’ve been exactly what I wanted
WandaVision Director Reveals Demon Deleted Scene From Finale

The information, that they’ve filmed it, means Senor Scratchy really was Mephisto or Chton

Doesn't look like there will be an extended cut with this sequence. It's not just about it being unfinished but that they don't feel it fits in now with the finished story and how it played out.

'WandaVision' Director Talks Deleted Scenes and Unanswered Questions

You revealed that you shot a whole Goonies-esque sequence with Darcy and Monica and the twins in Agatha's basement facing a demon. With the movies, we can expect to see some of that cut material someday in bonus features. Do you know if Disney+ has plans to release any of that?

That particular sequence, no, because we never finished it. We abandoned it pretty early on, because we were reformatting the structure of the finale and it no longer really had a place, despite having done some great shooting on it. So, there exists no version of that that could be released. In terms of other things being released, potentially!

Last edited:
Folks with an affinity for classic sitcoms tend to have a different opinion as to how unnecessary this completely unique take on a superhero TV show is. Maybe it just wasn't for you?

Agree. WandaVision was Feige's own personal pet project born out of his love for sitcoms both from watching at a young age and later on watching Nick at Night as an adult. So there never going to be any version of WandaVision without the sitcom aspect. It was never going to be a standard MCU action piece as the other poster wanted and leaving the sitcom elements out. In other words, it was a case of no sitcom? No WandaVision.

It wasn't ever that Feige wanted to simply make a Vision and Scarlet Witch series simply out of obligation in order to service some underdeveloped characters and then he tried to see what approach he should take. Given that Feige is all about juxtaposing different genres (which is his schtick), both things (ie the desire for a Scarlet Witch and Vision series and his desire to tap into the sitcom genre) came together at once rather than one following the other. He's discussed this many times in different interviews over the past 2 months.

I think this was one of the most creative things that Marvel have produced precisely because it took a risk and because it was Feige's own personal labour of love rather than an obligatory outing for forgotten Avengers.

As someone who enjoys classic sitcoms, I would've been quite happy for there to even be a WandaVision sitcom without any of the creepiness of the early episodes seeping in but entirely a sitcom with low stakes about family and life and plots resolved in half and hour. I've seen many comments on YouTube with people wishing for this too.

Falcon and Winter Soldier seems like it will be just the same standard MCU fare that we normally get. While I'm sure I'll enjoy it, I don't think it will be anywhere as charming as WandaVision. I don't think it's also going to pull in as many fans who love classic sitcoms as WandaVision did either so might not have that same broad appeal.

The only other confirmed show that I think might have the same charm is She-Hulk, but we'll see. As for a future Disney + show, I would love Marvel to do a musical series featuring Dazzler with several songs per episode. They could get the songwriting team of Anderson and Lopez again and release a number of singles. Since people have enjoyed all the various theme tunes for WandaVision, I think music fans would love a Dazzler series.

I'm glad he never showed up. I wouldn't have wanted that and would feel it would spoil the show. Plus I didn't suddenly want someone who hadn't even been introduced as a character appearing in the finale.
Yeah it definitely would have felt out of place to throw him in at the last minute. Still, its funny all of the Mephisto fan theories that were being scuttled about, meanwhile the showrunner is like "Who tf is Mephisto?"

Apparently,Matt Shakman stated in an interview with Comic Book. Com that we ARE going to be introduced to Jimmy Woo’s missing witness in an upcoming Marvel project. I got it from Screen Rant. So, the story is out there.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the witness. I honestly thought it was just a plot reason to get Jimmy involved, but if it will be fleshed out it could be fun. Give me the Jimmy Woo show!

I'm curious about the witness. I honestly thought it was just a plot reason to get Jimmy involved, but if it will be fleshed out it could be fun. Give me the Jimmy Woo show!

They could call it Woo Who (Woo hoo!! :woo:). :o

Maybe Senor Scratchy was going to be Shuma Gorath.

Director confirmed scratchy was a demon. But I doubt anyone that significant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"