WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

It wasn't a bad show and WandaVision gave us a new hero in Monica Rambeau but Falcon and the Winter Soldier have more characters we already know in Falcon, Bucky, Zemo, Batroc, Carter and Rhodey.
Wandavision was a good start up show for the MCU series coming, it would have led into Dr.Strange 2 which brings eyes to the big screen. The final fight in this makes me more excited for Falcon and WS.

What in the. I'm not even going to give them the pleasure of clicking this. If the title is accurate to the article then it's a garbage take. Monica is one of, if not THE standout of the show and she wasn't even the main focus. She's already been well recieved and hell even haters of Captain Marvel are embracing her. Unbelievable.
I think she is okay, she didn't blow me away as we didn't really get much from her in the last 2 episodes besides saving the boys. I hope she appears again in a series before CM 2 comes out, I expect Fury will bring her up since he built things with the Skrulls.

One thing looking back at that I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of 90's sitcom feel. In some ways the 80's one hit some of the same beats, but the 90's was the era for sitcoms. Between Seinfeld, Friends, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, even Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

What in the. I'm not even going to give them the pleasure of clicking this. If the title is accurate to the article then it's a garbage take. Monica is one of, if not THE standout of the show and she wasn't even the main focus. She's already been well recieved and hell even haters of Captain Marvel are embracing her. Unbelievable.

It's only the start of her as a Superhero.

One thing looking back at that I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of 90's sitcom feel. In some ways the 80's one hit some of the same beats, but the 90's was the era for sitcoms. Between Seinfeld, Friends, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, even Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
Sabrina would have been quite on topic too lol.

I do think we'll see Monica again before Captain Marvel 2, which won't open for another 20 months. Secret Invasion will be long before that hopefully. I am hoping that Secret Invasion starts shooting while Teyonah is promoting Candyman in July.

My one issue with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is US Agent. I don't know if he's going to make the same impact in the MCU that Monica will have.
I'm interested to see how far they go with MCU Walker. Is US Agent going to be a full on crazy villain or troubled misguided antagonist turned ally.

To be honest, I was a bit concerned they'd make Monica the hero that would beat crazy, evil Wanda. Glad they didn't. This show needed to be about Wanda and it was. Monica had some great standout scenes and will get meaty role in Captain Marvel 2 and possibly Secret Invasion/Miss Marvel. This was a very good introduction as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, I was a bit concerned they'd make Monica the hero that would beat crazy, evil Wanda. Glad they didn't. This show needed to be about Wanda and it was. Monica had some great standout scenes and will get meaty role in Captain Marvel 2 and possibly Secret Invasion/Miss Marvel. This was a very good introduction as far as I'm concerned.

She should be in Secret Invasion because that will be before Captain Marvel 2. Captain Marvel 2 isn't until November 2022.

Honestly, I can't figure out on how this show is supposed to tie into "Spider-Man 3" and "Doctor Strange 2".

Originally, I had though that WandaVision would introduce the multi-verse into the MCU with Fox's Quicksilver. If Wanda was going to be in Spider-Man's film then I could see some connecting thread with all three properties.

Honestly, I can't figure out on how this show is supposed to tie into "Spider-Man 3" and "Doctor Strange 2".

Originally, I had though that WandaVision would introduce the multi-verse into the MCU with Fox's Quicksilver. If Wanda was going to be in Spider-Man's film then I could see some connecting thread with all three properties.

I think you're over-estimating the connective tissue. Spider-Man and Strange will both have to explain the multi-verse within their run-times for the sake of an audience. There isn't much to gain in doing some of it in Wandavision, because the films target more people. It does appear to set up the multiverse quite well anyway. We spent the whole show moving between realities. By the end, it confirms that Wanda's boys are somewhere, not gone, and that she knows this. That's huge, and probably directly paid off in Strange.

My guess is the events of WandaVision will be referenced in either NWH or MoM, but that's it.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Mutants angle didn't pan out, but maybe they're saving that for the big screen as instead of streaming?

I think you're over-estimating the connective tissue. Spider-Man and Strange will both have to explain the multi-verse within their run-times for the sake of an audience. There isn't much to gain in doing some of it in Wandavision, because the films target more people. It does appear to set up the multiverse quite well anyway. We spent the whole show moving between realities. By the end, it confirms that Wanda's boys are somewhere, not gone, and that she knows this. That's huge, and probably directly paid off in Strange.
Yeah, she can’t appear in Strange after that credit scene with no mention of the boys and what happened.

I’m very glad that didn’t happen! Yes this was a solid intro and she has a great future ahead of her with already quite a few possibilities of significant appearances going forward.

Haven't been on here for a long time. WandaVision brought me back. Since it's over now, I can write my review.

WandaVision is the worst MCU project to date. That's a surprise for me since it's hard to be worse than Captain Marvel and Black Panther, but they managed to do it. For most of the show, nothing happens. It's just bland, irrelevant, slow and overall a plot crater mess. The only episodes I thought were fine were episode 4 and small bits of episodes 8 and 9.

The whole sitcom aspect is unnecessary and downright idiotic. Sure, the show's approach is different, but different does not mean good. In this case, different means utter nonsense. You can skip 95% of this show and you won't miss a thing. The ending was incredibly underwhelming. The newly introduced characters (with the exception of Agatha) are horrible, especially Monica. Her character is a travesty. Agatha is a great, but ultimately a wasted character. Horrible decision on writer's part.

I won't go into execution details because the post would be the size of Texas. Instead, I'll just go into detail when it comes to the gigantic plot holes this show has as it much better/clearer depicts the utter failure that this show is. I'd love anyone (actually the writer Jac Schaeffer in particular) to even attempt to give credible answers to the following questions:

1.) How in the hell was Monica instantly able to understand, control and use her fresh, new powers?
She passed through the Hex one too many times, got her DNA rewritten and with that, her new powers. That's hilariously idiotic to begin with, but ok. Let's go with that. But, full 5 minutes later, Wanda attempts to ground slam her using her magic and Monica nails a superhero landing using her whatever-the-hell powers to nulify the fall? How does that work? No training? No prep? No learning? Nothing? Okay. 5 more minutes later and she can already use her whatever-the-hell power with her eyes to see stuff ordinary people can't. How? How does she know how to do it? Complete and utter nonsense.

But what takes the nonsense's cake is what she did in the last episode - standing in front of Hayward and taking all those bullets. How did she know she could withstand getting shot? How did she know how to react or what inner buttons to press? She knew exactly what she was doing right off the bat. And what makes it even more idiotic is that she risked her life for 2 projections of little kids who, ironically, could take care of those bullets by themselves anyway even though they're not even real? So essentially, she stood in the line of fire for absolutely nothing. That's why she's as bad as Captain Marvel's character. Every other MCU character besides the two of them have had to study and learn about their powers to be able to use them effectively. ****, Wanda has been struggling with her own powers for how many movies now and she still doesn't have full control? Steve Rogers ran into a glass window of the shop when he first got his powers because he wasn't accustomed to his new powers. I don't even want to mention Tony, Bruce or Scott. And this chick can just pull off effectiveness out of her ass on the fly? Give me a break.

2.) How in the hell did Wanda cast the runes in the last episode?
It was THE move which directly defined the outcome of the final battle and the writer messed it up spectacularly. This also ties to Monica's usage of her powers because the same point applies to her and Wanda, so I'll break both of these down with a simple analogy to get the said point across. Let's say you've never driven a manual car before or any car at all. So one day, you go to your friend's house and you see his car parked there. You go inside the house and ask him about the car and instead of him showing you, he tells you that in order to drive the car, one needs to press in the clutch, put the car into 1st gear and then press the gas pedal while letting off the clutch.

Now, you knowing nothing about cars, how in the hell would you know where to even start? You don't even know how to unlock or start the goddamn car to begin with? And even if you got in there, how would you know what a clutch is, or a gas pedal or how to put the car into 1st? That's exactly what happened in episode 8 between Wanda and Agatha. Agatha just briefly told Wanda that a witch needs to cast the runes to be protected. She didn't tell her how to do it. She didn't give her a step by step practical tutorial or give her any kind of pointers. Wanda only knew there's the things called runes and that she has to cast them. How? No clue. Yet, just a little later, there she is, casting the runes. Driving that car, right? You can kiss my ass with that BS. What's funny, Agatha told Wanda like a couple minutes earlier in a scene that her problem is knowledge and before that, Wanda told Agatha that she doesn't know how to cast spells because no one taught her magic. Well, problems are certainly none of those if she was able to cast the runes out of her ass without even knowing how or where to start. Same point applies to Monica who only knew her DNA will possibly be rewritten completely upon entering the Hex. That's all. Nothing about new powers, let alone on how to use them and use them effectively depending on a given situation.

3.) If Wanda casted the runes, how was Agatha able to levitate and use some of her witchcraft, but not all?
Surely once Wanda's runes were cast, Agatha would've fallen straight to the ground. However, I guess we're to believe Agatha being able to levitate isn't witchcraft, right? Give me a break. Not to mention, Agatha, a witch with hundreds of years of experience, wasn't aware runes were being cast right in front of her? HA!

4) What's up with the whole Vision and dupe Vision situation?
How was Wanda able to recreate the mind stone in projected Vision's head? Are we to believe it was the real mind stone? If so, how is that possible? Also how was dupe Vision (who didn't have the mind stone) able to hold his own against projected Vision's mind stone beam which was barely reflected by Corvus Glaive? How did dupe Vision even have all Vision's abilities to begin with? Like phasing? Are you kidding me?

5.) With all due respect, wasn't Vision supposed to be really smart?

It was established that Wanda couldn't control Vision like everyone else, so what gives? Did Vision not know he couldn't possibly have kids? Did he not know a pregnant belly doesn't get magically swolen in one day? Did he not know kids don't grow up within minutes? He just blindly went along with all of it? Really? Are we to believe he was momentarily ******ed?

All that is what you get when a what's-her-face, irrelevant, non-experienced female writer gets pushed into the big league. Instead of using solid logic, her writing consists of pure emotion and delusions because that's how she thinks, that's how her brain works on a daily basis. And as soon as you look at anything even slightly more closely, everything comes tumbling down like a house of cards. What's more tragic and alarming than the fact that Jac Schaeffer thought her script was good is the fact that there was someone who directed this and didn't challenge any of it. And even more scary is that there was someone who green lit this project clearly without giving it a second thought.

2/10 and that's being generous. If this is the level of writing Marvel will tolerate in the future and if Kevin Feige continues to push amateur writes into projects which are way above their heads, we are in for a ****show all the way down the line. I sure hope this was just a one-off, call it a brain fart.

Last edited:
so the MCU things you didn't like are the 3 projects with female or black leads? lol.

That the relationship between Wanda and Vision is a soft metaphor of a LGTB+ pair didnt help either.

@BrianThompson Its funny you enjoyed episode 4 the most, as it was just exposition and the most generic. What do you like about the episode since you seems to dislike Monica the most and that was for like 50 % her episode.
Here some random thaughts about your critical comments. I think some of them could be legit, but solved very eary:

1) I imagine its kind of a reflex. If you fall to the ground, you need to save your face with your arms per example. So she saw with the landing her own powers. And I woudnt even say she knew she could take the bullets down. Two kids were in danger, Monica tried to save them. I like how brave Monica is, I liked her attitiute as Geraldone too though.

2) Wanda has the power of spontanous creations of human beings. So magical appearings of runes shoudnt be a problem for her.

3) While you have a point Agatha should fall to the ground (maybe Wanda let her fly?), I think she was busy with absorbing the power and the cloudy atmoshere between them didnt help too to get what she was doing.

so the MCU things you didn't like are the 3 projects with female or black leads? lol.
So one has to like these projects to ensure they aren't seen as sexist or racist?
What happens if a black woman didn't like them?
Questions questions...

So one has to like these projects to ensure they aren't seen as sexist or racist?
What happens if a black woman didn't like them?
Questions questions...

No one said that. It's an interesting observation though. Especially since Black Panther is critically acclaimed.

Don't give me that BS please. It has absolutely nothing to do with color or gender and everything with those gigantic plot holes I see you so evasively maneuvered around without even attempting to answer.

@BrianThompson Its funny you enjoyed episode 4 the most, as it was just exposition and the most generic. What do you like about the episode since you seems to dislike Monica the most and that was for like 50 % her episode.

I didn't say I enjoyed episode 4 the most, I just said I thought it was fine, meaning it was plausible in terms of the plot structure and that it then naturally had some nice moments. But if we're going in deep, then I would elevate Darcy as she's awesome and of course, Elizabeth Olsen's incredible acting chops, more specifically the confrontation sequence with Monica. That sequence alone got a + in rating for me.

Here some random thaughts about your critical comments. I think some of them could be legit, but solved very eary:

1) I imagine its kind of a reflex. If you fall to the ground, you need to save your face with your arms per example. So she saw with the landing her own powers. And I woudnt even say she knew she could take the bullets down. Two kids were in danger, Monica tried to save them. I like how brave Monica is, I liked her attitiute as Geraldone too though.

2) Wanda has the power of spontanous creations of human beings. So magical appearings of runes shoudnt be a problem for her.

3) While you have a point Agatha should fall to the ground (maybe Wanda let her fly?), I think she was busy with absorbing the power and the cloudy atmoshere between them didnt help too to get what she was doing.

1.) No. Covering your face when falling is not a superpower at all. And superpowers are not reflexes. Sorry. No dice. Even if we were to compare the two, it's impossible to do so since covering your face with hands requires you to be aware of your hands and knowing what they do and how to control them, which every living grown person can do. However, in Monica's instance of superpowers, there is no way she could've known what her powers are because she's never had them before and there is no way she could've used them effectively for that reason alone. But the bigger problem is there is no way she could've known about any powers she might've gotten in the first place. She could've felt weird or something, but there is no way she could've pin pointed anything, let alone used it in an effective manner.

2.) Absolutely not. Spontaneous creation still requires you to know what you're creating. I think that was pretty graphically established in Wanda's backstory when it was shown how she created the projected Westview based on the old sitcoms she used to watch. She vividly experienced and saw everything she created. She knew the substance of what she was creating. That is not and cannot be the case with runes. I can again use my car driving analogy. You can be a natural talent for driving, but you still need to be shown how to do it in order to put your talent (read creation) to use. So no dice on that either.

3.) Sloppy. The word of explanation you seek is sloppy. Agatha should've been rendered useless period. Consistency 0%

1.) No. Covering your face when falling is not a superpower at all. And superpowers are not reflexes. Sorry.

And about the runes: Why should Wanda not know how runes look like? Anyway, I feel sorry you didnt like the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"