What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did 2nd part of LOTR extended watch with my GF, The Two Towers and Captain Correlli's Mandolin on a chilled Sunday afternoon.

71qO6-0xB-L._SL1114_.jpg

Burn After Reading (2008)

You're Next

f311612d608f3865bdabd2ee98b6f04e0047ae3e.gifv

This is honestly still my favorite Adam Wingard film even more so than The Guest. I also watched it not too long ago and surprisingly it still holds up IMO. I still don't understand why Sharni Vinson never took off afterwards though, because that was definitely her breakout performance.

Also, Nicolas Tucci was pretty great in it as one of the villains and may he Rest In Peace.

MV5BZmE1NmVmN2EtMjZmZC00YzAyLWE4MWEtYjY5YmExMjUxODU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

"The Devil All The Time suffers from a scattershot ensemble narrative—and overly slavish fidelity to Pollock’s sprawling written work—but compensates with a solid cast and a strong sense of atmosphere and slow burn tension to be a morbidly engrossing odyssey into darkness, even if it doesn’t quite add up to the sum of its parts."

My full review:

https://www.jestersreviews.com/reviews/6923

tenor.gif

SUPERMAN IV: QUEST FOR PEACE PIECE
QUALITY = 3/10
JOY = 10/10

Faster than a speeding bullet.
More powerful than a locomotive
Can lift an invincible hair strand off his head
Hair strand carrying 1000 pounds*1
Has the power to talk in the vacuum of space
Eyes powerful enough to reduce gravity
Eyes powerful enough to fix heavily broken structures
Eyes powerful enough to turn a ship completely invisible
With all his speed and strength, the gravity of the moon affects his movement
Causes a solar eclipse to defeat an enemy that can be beat simply by placing a parasol over his head, surfers around the world probably experienced uneasiness because of him
Watches almost without helping as supervillain causes a lot of damage around him in the street
And flies through different time zones really fast that the sun is still up noon time whether the other country is 7 hours earlier or 16 hours earlier than NYC time
He's the man, the myth, the nonsense maker.... *Dramatic pause*

SUPERMAN

You gotta love it when a sequel just disregards rules established in previous entries in the franchise, without involving the random effects doohickey that is red kryptonite.

And the hostile takeover subplot has no value to the story, and is almost not paced aside from "here's one idea", "here's the next cliche", with zero build up "this cliche just happened"

1*I refuse to write short for the Latin word for weigh to express pounds. Forgive me.

This is honestly still my favorite Adam Wingard film even more so than The Guest. I also watched it not too long ago and surprisingly it still holds up IMO. I still don't understand why Sharni Vinson never took off afterwards though, because that was definitely her breakout performance.

Also, Nicolas Tucci was pretty great in it as one of the villains and may he Rest In Peace.
The Guest is still my favorite Wingard film. Shame that both of his films afterward, Death Note and Blair Witch, were absolutely awful. Hope he turns it around with Godzilla vs. Kong.

The Godfather (1972)

1876082.jpg

Yeah, it's a masterpiece. This movie is perfect, from the writing, story, soundtrack, acting (Brando was amazing), Micheal's arc, the ending, the dialogue. One of the best films I have ever seen.

This movie is both great filmmaking and interesting, while it's not the movie that you remember for "enjoyment" like Iron Man or Snatch, you remember it for being so well done and due to having a bunch of great scenes aswell.

My rating: 9.5/10 (I rarely give a 10) and a top 10 film of all time for me.

Based on the extraordinary true story of Operation Anthropoid, the WWII mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich, the main architect behind the Final Solution and the Reich's third in command after Hitler and Himmler. As with most true stories....things do not go as planned.
MV5BZDM3NDk1MTAtZGJmMy00YmIwLTg2NjAtNTlmN2JjZjg3NGU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIxMzMyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"