What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MV5BMzA0YWMwMTUtMTVhNC00NjRkLWE2ZTgtOWEzNjJhYzNiMTlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,668,1000_AL_.jpg

The Dark Knight (2008)

ac84bad053d99f3f49cd27c634ac3953.jpg

The best CBM ever made and Nolan's best, and one of my favorite/best movies I have ever seen.

Acting, writing, directing, story, soundtrack, action, dialogues, emotional moments, Harvey's arc, Heath's Joker and Bale's moral dilemma, and the message of the film make it transcend the genre. Very enjoyable and well made.

10/10

Enola Holmes (2020) :up:
director: Harry Bradbeer
script by: Jack Thorne

Mystery movie adapted from a series of modern novels. I wasn't thrilled with the fourth wall breaks (this is an update on the Sherlock Holmes mythos made for the TikTok/Instagram generation) but after the exposition dumpy start it became a fun and ultimately worthwhile time. Millie Bobby Brown shines as the title character and Henry Cavill's low key Sherlock Holmes was enjoyable in his supporting role as Sherlock Holmes.

The Babysitter (2017) :up::down
director: McG
script by: Brian Duffield

A comedy/horror movie that has now birthed a franchise. It was pretty fun and funny...at times. Other times just crass teen comedy out of American Pie. Overall kind of average/above average, but not the next Ready or Not [:up::up:].

The Babysitter: Killer Queen (2020) :down
director: McG
script by: McG, Jimmy Warden, Brad Morris, Dan Lagana

A retread of the first even with the same cast of characters in a different setting eating up the screen time taking away from the new characters and the villain, who was mostly filling in for the general absence of the first movie's main villain. Jenna Ortega was a good addition to the cast adding a parallel storyline and backstory. It brings more closure than the first movie did but wasn't as funny or fun the second time around.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) :down
directed by: Stefano Sollima
script by: Taylor Sheridan

I really liked the thriller Sicario [:up::up:] but this direct-to-vhs-esque sequel was a massive downgrade in directing (no Denis Villeneuve), writing (Taylor Sheridan - what happened?), theme, characterization and consistency, score (no Jóhann Jóhannsson RIP), cinematography, ...almost everything except the action, though I found the latter harder to care about this time around. There's like 4 PoV major characters with newcomer Isabela Moner/Merced doing her best in the thankless damsel/victim role who is the only thing approaching a sympathetic character but is third tier at best in the story focus order if not fourth. Stick to Sheridan's work on Sicario, Wind River [:up::up:], or Hell or High Water [:up:] instead.

Last edited:

Very good adaptation of a classic Batman story, I think the Batgirl prologue really added a layer of depth to it.

8/10
The Killing Joke is my all-time #2 comics story. I've literally lost count of the number of times I've read it. I'm not overfond of the Batgirl prologue they added for this adaptation (I usually skip it), but on the whole I think they did a good job. 8/10 for me too.

The Killing Joke is my all-time #2 comics story. I've literally lost count of the number of times I've read it. I'm not overfond of the Batgirl prologue they added for this adaptation (I usually skip it), but on the whole I think they did a good job. 8/10 for me too.

What's your #1? Mine is 'The Long Halloween' which im glad is finally getting an animated adaption, although it's disappointing that Conroy isn't voicing Batman.

What's your #1? Mine is 'The Long Halloween' which im glad is finally getting an animated adaption, although it's disappointing that Conroy isn't voicing Batman.
Kingdom Come is my #1. I like The Long Halloween although I prefer the sequel Dark Victory.

The Godfather: Part II (1974)

51eL8bPdkrL._SY445_.jpg

Worse than the 1st (was better at mid half) due to the Cuban sub-plot which slowed down the movie and some other stuff but still a fantastic and well made film. Loved Pacino's performance and DeNiro's and the story was solid and interesting, also a great soundtrack. Arguably a masterpiece but idk if it's on my top 10 of all time. Satisfied but I paused and finished it in two tales due to the length. I will rewatch it in the future but it’s better but less rewatchable than Goodfellas or Pulp Fiction imo.

I don't know how to rate this film, in terms of enjoyment and quality overall. The only flaw this movie had is some stuff on pacing but the rest is perfect.

9/10

[REC] 4: Apocalypse.

Tentatively labelling this my least favourite of the Rec movies.

The only ones I enjoyed were the first two, especially the second. I remember really not liking those sequels and the remake and the cash grab sequel that followed it were even bigger wastes of time IMO.

Phillips stitches together two Scorcese movies in an attempt to bite the legendary directors style from his prime, and sticks Phoenix effeminate Bing Crosby infused take on The Joker in the middle of it. The subway scene is good, as is the talk show scene between Joker and Murray, but the film is unrelentingly miserable and dull for long stretches. Give me Ledger, Hammil or Nicholson any day.

6/10

Kingdom Come is my #1. I like The Long Halloween although I prefer the sequel Dark Victory.

Interesting, don't think I've heard anyone prefer Dark Victory to The Long Halloween before, but it is very underrated imo, the definitive Robin origin imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"