Who is the Avengers biggest threat?

I think a new group of Masters organized under Zemo would probably be the biggest threat. The way I see it, Zemo wouldn't be out to win anymore. He'd just be out to hurt. As for membership, stick with what you know; Wrecking Crew, Hyde, Absorbing Man and Titania, Grey Gargoyle, two or three new members, c'est bon.

well just to actually do that rare thing and *BE SERIOUS* for a moment, i'd say that at the moment the most serious threats to the Avengers would be:

- SHIELD: With a new Commander heading up the agency, SHIELD has become rapidly an Anti-Hero organisation. they'll be taking the Avengers and other heroes much more seroiusly in months to come.

- Ultron: Ultron's always been a threat, ever since it was created years ago. One of the most powerful terrestrial villains in comics, to be quite honest.

- Kang: He's going to re-appear, you just know it. They've teased his reappearance recently at the end of the YA Special...

gamemiester said:
i read spiderman and batman and the ultimate universe more so i always felt the avengers were a little boring imo
hey, there have been more than a few Batman, Spider-Man and Ultimate stories that were boring as all hell, too

I miss the Wrecking Crew and Titannia.

What if Kang used time travel and gained control over Ultron and Vision.

Genesis 1.0 said:
I'd say disbanding the Avengers, killing cornerstone members in the process, pulls off being a 'threat' pretty well.

Yes, but the writing of the story was a pile of dog doo.

Artistsean said:
What if Kang used time travel and gained control over Ultron and Vision.

given his new ties to Vision, i wouldn't put that past him. In fact that'd be one of teh freakin' deadliest combinations i could think of...

gamemiester said:
I have no idea who Id put in the poll so I aint made one.

I dont know many villains who are a huge threat to the Avengers except Kang is one but Im not sure if he is a main one or not.

Who do you think.

I was going with Bendis, but then i saw that there were already like, 25 bendis jokes posted...dang it!

Okay, so second guess then. Hmmm, I'll go with Brian Michael Bendis!

i'm Spider-Man said:
well just to actually do that rare thing and *BE SERIOUS* for a moment, i'd say that at the moment the most serious threats to the Avengers would be:

- SHIELD: With a new Commander heading up the agency, SHIELD has become rapidly an Anti-Hero organisation. they'll be taking the Avengers and other heroes much more seroiusly in months to come.

i think you are quite right:spidey:

I also think the Avengers would be completely disabled if Jarvis went on vacation. Like, they don't know how to clean ****, they're powerless to defend themselves against hunger...

how about ugly people? the avengers are so used to being surrounded by hot heroes and villains, both male and female, they wouldn't know how to react if an ugly person went up against them!

My money is with Count Nefaria. Catching Thor's hammer? Not a good thing to fight :p

Colossal Spoons said:
Knew somebody'd say ninjas. I second that!

Before there were Ninjas there was SAURON

KANG was a badass!! when was the last time they used him in a major OR minor story? (year/issue#'s)

Prognosticator said:
KANG was a badass!! when was the last time they used him in a major OR minor story? (year/issue#'s)
Young Avengers #1-6 from last year. The arc was called "Sidekicks" and it's collected in a trade now.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Young Avengers #1-6 from last year. The arc was called "Sidekicks" and it's collected in a trade now.

Really. it seems like i heard that at one point but i didn't know if it was him or a refurbished version, a-la "young avengers". i know the series has received high marks. is it worth the purchase?

(and what was the previous main-stream Avengers arc w/Kang?)

I absolutely think it's worth it. There are some complications with Kang's involvement, but rest assured, the classic Kang that we know and love does indeed appear in the arc.

I believe the last Avengers arc he appeared in was around vol. 3 #41-54 or something like that. He and the Scarlet Centurion pretty much conquer the world.

i think an avengers versus THE VOID would be great, reading about the void, he seems freakin evil. with the current team, who know how the void would mess with them.

i remember having a little Kang action figure that i picked up at a "Ben Franklin's" walmart/dollargeneral type store when i was a small tot! It was pretty cool...i wish i still had it:(

The Cleric said:
i think an avengers versus THE VOID would be great, reading about the void, he seems freakin evil. with the current team, who know how the void would mess with them.
I imagine the Void wouldn't mess with the current team at all. He'd just totally obliterate them.

Considering the fact the Void took down pretty much every major Marvel superhero and superhero team and still wasn't defeated, hell yeah he'd wipe his ass with just the Avengers.

Elijya said:
::sigh:: gamemeister, relax, they're just replying with typical sarcasm. Don't take it personally, every thread here gets those sorts of reponses, just laugh at em or ignore em

It takes two seconds to find the category "Avengers Villains" on wikipedia. Everything we could possibly tell you can be found here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Avengers_villains

Ok, you gotta learn when people are joking. Yes, he's a writer. And he's currently writing the avengers. And alot of people dislike the way he's writing them. Thus, those people are going to sarcasticly respond to your thread by naming him.

And do you feel about Bendis work on the New Avengers. I think he's rejuvinated the title (although the action could be a lot better !!!!!!!).

In response to thread i would go with the Scarlet Witch, or potentially Tony Stark.

Most Powerful threat would probably be Korvac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"