Sequels Who's available for "Avengers 5"?

My prediction for an Avengers 5 line-up would be:

1. Black Panther - No way this won't happen. Black Panther is hugely popular right now.

2. Doctor Strange - Fits the Thor role of a mystical hero with God-like powers (Let's face it: his magic is extremely powerful).

3. Captain Marvel - They're not introducing her in her solo film and giving her a major role in Avengers 4 for nothing. She's going to be the Captain America of the group.

4. Spider-Man - Iconic, very popular hero. Also: you need the Hawkeye-type character who is the relatable, everyday person who acts as the audience surrogate.

5. She-Hulk - I think Hulk by this point will be a retired character (perhaps make the odd guest appearance here and there), and Avengers 5 will kind of do what they did with Hawkeye and Black Widow in introducing two previously unseen characters. She-Hulk will be one of those. She's a character easy enough to understand without her own film (a green-skinned lawyer with super-strength) and she's often the supporting character in the comics anyway.

6. Quake - Hopefully Avengers 4 will see a cameo from the Agents of SHIELD, and even if it doesn't I can see them bringing Quake over to the films. Like She-Hulk she doesn't need much of an introduction really. Just introduce her as SHIELD agent Daisy Johnson who happens to have earthquake superpowers. She could fulfil the Black Widow role.

I don't think Avengers 5 will have any more than six Avengers. I think after the no doubt epic conclusion of Avengers 4 they'll go small-scale again and build back up to a big event movie on the scale of Infinity War and Avengers 4.

The Big Bad will be a Loki-type villain; I'm thinking Doctor Doom, who - yes - is bigger than Loki, but isn't a massive galactic threat like Thanos. He's more Earth-centric like Loki and the Chitauri were.

1-4 I agree with.

5. I'd like to see She-Hulk but I think they'll go with regular hulk if a Hulk is involved.

6. I wouldn't mind seeing Quake but I don't think we'll see any TV heroes on film for now. :csad: #Blame Ike

Original 6 gone
Everyone else new stays (BP, Dr. Strange, S-M, Capt. Marvel, SW, Vision, WS, Falcon)
No AoS

I think Ant-man and Wasp will round off the next team somehow. Knowing Feige usually pays homage to source material and the fact those 2 are part of the founding members, I wouldn't be surprised if they're in the mix.
The core 4 are then probably..
BP
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
Spidey - provided Sony isn't up to any monkey business.
along with Ant-man
Wasp

Exciting to think how these new guys will all work together and if it will still feel like an Avengers film or like something different.

You guys think guys like War Machine or Falcon (if they're in Avengers 5 or 6) will have the same sized roles they've had in prior films or might their roles grow to among the leading characters (Dr. Strange/Black Panther/Captain Marvel)?

I think Ant-man and Wasp will round off the next team somehow. Knowing Feige usually pays homage to source material and the fact those 2 are part of the founding members, I wouldn't be surprised if they're in the mix.
The core 4 are then probably..
BP
Doctor Strange
Captain Marvel
Spidey - provided Sony isn't up to any monkey business.
along with Ant-man
Wasp
I could rock with those. But I can't imagine Wasp having such a key role. They'll need to transition her somewhat more. Make her more enjoyable for the audience.

I could rock with those. But I can't imagine Wasp having such a key role. They'll need to transition her somewhat more. Make her more enjoyable for the audience.
Yeah her role, if she's in it, will definitely be minor. It'll be similar to Widow or Hawkeye of the originals. She's a scientist too so she does fill the analytical/team smarts void that Stark and Banner leaves.
I think another appearance of her and Rudd in A4 will help warm up audiences further. Rudd might have a solid role going by set pics. These 2 being minor characters with lesser popularity is always a plus for writers I think cuz it's not as demanding from a story perspective.

People really need to let go of this theme that Bucky will become Captain America II. It's not going to happen.

Regarding reserves too, as stated above, with Black Panther being the King of Wakanda, and Doctor Strange being the protector of the Time Stone (which may or may not exist after Avengers 4) I wouldn't think they'd be much more than reserves(?)

Besides, with Captain Marvel on the team (and considering how powerset) do we really need a vast number of Avengers? She'd presumably be able to handle a good portion of threats all by her lonesome - if anything, any other Avenger would merely be supporting her, rescuing civilians, disposing of alien grunts and the like.
I also don't see how for a global audience you sell a second Captain America with no Captain of all other nationalities. I would prefer that the White Wolf tease goes forward.

As for Captain Marvel just as Thor was depowered his first time out perhaps she can run into some rouge mutant

You guys think guys like War Machine or Falcon (if they're in Avengers 5 or 6) will have the same sized roles they've had in prior films or might their roles grow to among the leading characters (Dr. Strange/Black Panther/Captain Marvel)?
I hope at least one of those carries on being an Avenger for future films.

Um, wait, what? Since when is seeing Evangeline Lilly onscreen as the Wasp not enjoyable???

They definitely won't put anyone new in the Captain America role, not when they have a new Captain and leader of the Avengers that they want to promote. Captain America will probably die heroically and Captain Marvel will take his place as leader, cut and dry.

Bucky will instead become White Wolf, and thus be repurposed into a Black Panther supporting character.

Thor and Hulk will probably go on to keep having space adventures. I could see them doing a "Ragnarok Trilogy" or just have them join the GotG and have Waititi take over and combine both franchises.

Iron Man will retire but will show up from time to time in an advisory role, particularly for Spider-man.

Hawkeye will just fade into the background.

I honestly have no idea what will happen with Falcon and War Machine without any Captain America and Iron Man movies for them to appear in. I don't think their roles will get any bigger, though. Probably be in a similar role to Hawkeye.

As for the main Avengers team on earth, I predict:

Captain Marvel
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Spider-man
Scarlet Witch
Vision (rebuilt with a new look and somewhat altered personality)
Black Widow (they're going to keep her on the team to promote her solo movie, plus Feige said that he wants to have a heavier focus on females and the MCU doesn't exactly have many to spare)

I actually don't think Ant-man and Wasp will join full time, based on how the Ant-man cast has been written (not really interested in going out on regular hero missions like the Avengers would be doing). I do think they will appear in Avengers movies, when they feel like there's a big enough threat to deal with, but they won't be official team members.

Last edited:
Spider Man is an maybe, since Tom Holland's contract doesn't cover Avengers 5 yet

Thor and Hulk will probably go on to keep having space adventures. I could see them doing a "Ragnarok Trilogy" or just have them join the GotG and have Waititi take over and combine both franchises.
A cosmic trilogy of Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie and what's left of the Guardians together under Waititi sounds amazing! :cool:

You forget we'll have an eternals film coming out so can see sersi and eros possibly joining.

It’s going to be disappointing to never have Tony or Cap meet Cyclops, Xavier, Doom or Reed.

So as of the end of Endgame:

Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor and and the original Captain America are off the table. Possibly Hulk depending on if his injuries heal. Nebula and Rocket are back in space with the rest of the Guardians.

Characters remaining:

-Black Panther
-Captain Marvel
-Spider-Man (may or may not still be available depending on if the Sony deal is renewed)
-Doctor Strange
-Captain America (Sam)
-Winter Soldier
-Ant-Man
-Wasp
-Shuri
-War Machine
-Valkyrie (may be busy with New Asgard)
-Scarlet Witch
-Okoye
-Wong

That's also not counting new upcoming characters like Shang-Chi. Sersi from the Eternals has also been associated with the Avengers in the comics, so she may also end up joining. Black Knight has been rumored but nothing has been confirmed yet. With the Fox deal, there's also the possibility we may eventually see one of the mutant characters associated with the Avengers pop up in one of the sequels, like Beast.

And of course, Kevin Feige has confirmed Marvel has been talking about Ms. Marvel. Given the timeskip between Captain Marvel and Endgame, an adult Monica Rambeau could conceivably be reintroduced with powers in CM2.

Endgame Spoilers below:
Marvel studios has a difficult time ahead balancing the now expansive Avengers cast. Logic would suggest that they'd want to move back to a smaller team after the huge cast of Infinity War and Endgame but I think there are far too many characters in this universe now to go back to just six in a way that makes sense.

Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and Spiderman are all certs. Ant-Man seems incredibly likely as well and now that Hope has been unsnapped it doesn't make much sense for him to leave her behind. They're a duo. That right there is already a fully sized team.

Hulk and Hawkeye are the only OG Avengers left both alive and on Earth. Thor seems like he'll be doing his own thing with the Guardians and Hawkeye's Disney+ series seems to set up his retirement and passing of the mantle. But we've just started a new phase of Hulk's character which has yet to be fully explored. Seems like he'll be the old returning member to anchor the franchise in a sea of newer characters.

A couple of other characters are getting their own Disney+ limited series. This could potentially mean that they won't appear as much in the movies, but personally I think the opposite is true. Disney wants these shows to be fully connected to the MCU, so I think that at least some of the characters getting TV shows are likely to appear as core Avengers. Falcon and Scarlett Witch especially.

War Machine has been defying my predictions of dying for years now. They must have some plans for him, keeping his character around so long after Iron Man's solo films have finished.

And then there are brand new characters to consider. Shang Chi seems the most likely new Avengers. The Hawkeye show is introducing Kate Bishop - are they bold enough to introduce a new Avenger in a limited series? I expect the Eternals will crossover with the Avengers eventually (you don't hire Angelina Jolie and not use her in your crossovers) but likely that comes further down the line.

All options considered the following team looks likely:
  • Captain Marvel
  • Black Panther
  • Spiderman
  • Doctor Strange
  • Hulk
  • Ant-Man
  • The Wasp
  • Falcon
  • Scarlet Witch
  • War Machine
  • Shang Chi

NEW TEAM MEMBERS & THEIR PREDICTED ROLES:
*AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS.....
-Captain Marvel. The team's new field leader. Experienced and knowledgable of other planets and allies. Close to Fury too, who is clearly still active as we have seen in the Spider-Man Far From Home trailer. :)

-Captain America II (Sam). The second in command under Captain Marvel. Sam still does not have enough experience to be the first in command to lead the whole group. By listening to Sam's words at the end of Endgame, it seems to suggest he is ready for new battles with the shield.

-Hulk. Hulk has no where to go. He was a loner roaming the world before he became an Avenger. Joining The Avengers has actually improved his life. He is also one of the brains of the group. Kind of how Beast is to the X-Men, Hulk is to The Avengers.

-Ant-man & The Wasp. Now that Janet is back helping Hank, I don't see Hank needing Scott's help as much. He earned his stripes in Endgame as a team member, I see him sticking with the team.

-Black Panther. Part time member, kind of like Thor was. Thor was off doing other things in Avengers 1, 2 and 3 and not always directly involved with the other team members. I see Black Panther doing this.

-Spider-man. I see him working with Hulk as the brain/tech team member like Tony and Bruce. Plus he wanted to be an Avenger so bad in the previous films, I don't see him wanting to leave the the team any time soon.

By this line up, its not too crowded. Just one more than the number the original Avengers line up was.

WHO I DON'T SEE COMING BACK AS AN AVENGERS TEAM MEMBER:

-War Machine. I see War Machine retiring from Avengers duty post Endgame. He seemed to only be involved when Tony was (Except for Infinity War maybe.).

-Valkyrie. I see her still attending duties to rebuild New Asgard.

-Dr. Strange. I see Dr. Strange as more of a consult for the Avengers, than a full time team member.
Of course this is just my opinion and could totally change. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"