Sequels Who's available for "Avengers 5"?

So I have a potentially tough question to ask...

How are we feeling about Whedon these days? And does his recent fall from grace affect your love of his Avengers films in any way?

I've been pondering if there's any drama we don't know about with him on the Disney sets...or did Feige know how to manage him you think?

1. I don't care about that.

2. I still love the first Avengers.

3. I still don't like Age of Ultron.

4. If he ever came back to the MCU (which would seem a dubious prospect), I'd probably Feige to have more control over him, but I'm not sure which was true going from The Avengers to AoU. Which one was he more in control of?

The narrative after Age of ultron was basically that he left disgruntled because the committee at the time that Feige was kind of shackled by were meddling. But now I wonder if something else happened we don't know about.

So I have a potentially tough question to ask...

How are we feeling about Whedon these days? And does his recent fall from grace affect your love of his Avengers films in any way?

I've been pondering if there's any drama we don't know about with him on the Disney sets...or did Feige know how to manage him you think?

Anything of his I don't watch anymore, including the first two Avengers movies.

I'm hoping we will get Scarlet Witch, Vision, Captain Marvel, Photon, Falcon, She-Hulk, Ant-Man and Wasp at least. Would've been nice to have a Black Panther, but who knows now.

I'm hoping we will get Scarlet Witch, Vision, Captain Marvel, Photon, Falcon, She-Hulk, Ant-Man and Wasp at least. Would've been nice to have a Black Panther, but who knows now.
Sounds good. It’s a shame as I think BP would have been a central figure. Also do you think Strange would feature?

Sounds good. It’s a shame as I think BP would have been a central figure. Also do you think Strange would feature?

He could do but I'd rather he were in the Defenders with Hulk, Valkyrie, Namor, Silver Surfer etc.

He could do but I'd rather he were in the Defenders with Hulk, Valkyrie, Namor, Silver Surfer etc.
Oh I definitely want that too. He's a dynamic individual who can get around though, and the portals can help with that a bit. :cwink:

Let him be in both as well as Midnight Sons and Illuminati. :D

Do we even know if Namor is going to be in Black Panther 2? or even the MCU as a whole?

Hoping for this lineup:

Dr. Strange (leader)
Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Spider-Man
Sersi
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Hulk
Shang-Chi
Ant Man
Ms. Marvel

Hoping for this lineup:

Dr. Strange (leader)
Captain America (Sam Wilson)
Spider-Man
Sersi
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Hulk
Shang-Chi
Ant Man
Ms. Marvel
I dont see Dr. Strange officially joining the team, much less leading them

War Machine..Rhodey has gotten old and the upcoming tv show will likley be his swan song

I almost feel like Wanda has outgrown them. Her trajectory has moved her far beyond where she started and when she needed them.

I think after NWH, Spidey is done as an Avenger for the forseeable future. It would be a big step backwards for him, especially as now is the time to establish him as an adult solo hero

War Machine..Rhodey has gotten old and the upcoming tv show will likley be his swan song

I almost feel like Wanda has outgrown them. Her trajectory has moved her far beyond where she started and when she needed them.

I think after NWH, Spidey is done as an Avenger for the forseeable future. It would be a big step backwards for him, especially as now is the time to establish him as an adult solo hero

Regarding Dr. Strange he's certainly a member of the Avengers, and the Multiverse of Madness synopsis refers to him as a "central figure" or something like that. Same thing with Wanda I think.

But yeah, Rhodey is getting pretty old. I totally forgot about Armor Wars. With that in mind I'd replace him with someone else. Probably She-Hulk or Mighty Thor (I should've included Mighty Thor in the first place. Forgot this was gonna be a thing.)

As for Wanda? Let's see MOM first.

Last edited:

Also not including Spidey in the Avengers would be a huge mistake IMO. He can still go solo in his own movies while being a team player in the New Avengers team. Seeing him alongside She-Hulk, Cap and Sersi would be very appealing. Especially as a more adult Spidey.

Last edited:
I'd love a War Machine cameo. Maybe even feature that he's the VP and that's how he's serving the Avengers in the best way possible for him.

Regarding Dr. Strange he's certainly a member of the Avengers, and the Multiverse of Madness synopsis refers to him as a "central figure" or something like that. Same thing with Wanda I think.

Strange has never officially joined the team, at least from what we've been shown. Hulk came to him for help with saving the universe but that's it so far. Being a central figure doesn't necessarily mean being a team member.

As mentioned, Dr. Strange has never been an Avenger in the MCU. If he were to lead them, then that would be a new development for him

Also not including Spidey in the Avengers would be a huge mistake IMO. He can still go solo in his own movies while being a team player in the New Avengers team. Seeing him alongside She-Hulk, Cap and Sersi would be very appealing. Especially as a more adult Spidey.
Maybe but IMO, NWH served as a reboot of sorts for the character and it would be a waste to bring him back and do what they had already done with him. I really think they are going to lean into the solo aspect of the character which is classically what he is known for and less of the grander Avenger stuff that was done with him in the 2000s. I dont see him being an Avenger in the MCU with his secret identity in tact and it would be counter to the end of NWH to reveal it to the other superheroes just so he can be an Avenger again. I can see him cameoing in a future film but not really joining in any official capacity

By the time we get an Avengers 5, it's anybody's guess. I would say the team expands or we have a couple of iterations of them.

I think the likely suspects are:

TWS
Falcon/CA
Thor
Dr. Strange
Wanda
She-Hulk
SpiderMan (I think he's just too popular to ignore)
Hawkeye (Kate)
Black Widow (Yelena)
Shang-Chi
AntMan and Wasp
Captain Marvel (Carol for sure and maybe Monica)

Less likely
Hulk
Thena (Hope I'm wrong)
War Machine

So, like, everybody. LOL

By the time we get an Avengers 5, it's anybody's guess. I would say the team expands or we have a couple of iterations of them.

I think the likely suspects are:

TWS
Falcon/CA
Thor
Dr. Strange
Wanda
She-Hulk
SpiderMan (I think he's just too popular to ignore)
Hawkeye (Kate)
Black Widow (Yelena)
Shang-Chi
AntMan and Wasp
Captain Marvel (Carol for sure and maybe Monica)

Less likely
Hulk
Thena (Hope I'm wrong)
War Machine

So, like, everybody. LOL

Spider-Man can't join because he's a Solo Superhero unless it's a Avengers Level threat like Kang or Galactus

Spider-Man can't join because he's a Solo Superhero unless it's a Avengers Level threat like Kang or Galactus
Sure he can. He was in Civil War so they can do whatever they want with him. If they do use him, it will mean more BO money. "Will" they use him is another issue. Sony probably has some sharing agreement with Marvel so they may be judicious in his use.

Who can be back for Avengers re-unit

Originals: Hawkeye: not likely return
Thor: could come back
Banner: likely return
2nd wave:Falcon: likely return
Rhody: could come back
Vision (revived white version): could come back
Wanda: definitively not
Recent add: Cap Marvel: likely return
Spidey: could come back
Antman: could come back

Additionnaly, we can have Dr Strange, Bucky, Wasp, Valkirye, Jane Foster as characters already existing in 3 first phases
Among new introduced characters : Bishop, She-Hulk, MSMarvel, Monica, Black Knight, Blade, Moon Knight, Shang-Shi

Ironheart
War Machine
Hulk
She Hulk
Thor
Valkyrie
Loki
Sam Wilson
Sharon Carter
Bucky
Hawkeye
Yelena
Kate Bishop
Scarlet Witch
Agatha
Vision
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Groot
Rocket
Gamora
Nebula
Mantis
Star Lord
DraX
Ant-Man
Wasp
Stature
Spider-Man
Doctor Strange
Wong
Clea
Shuri
Nakia
Okoye
MBaku
Namor
Namorita
Captain Marvel
Photon
Ms. Marvel
Sersi
Thena
Makkari
Sprite
Eros
Pip
Shang Chi
Katy
Moon Knight
Echo
Daredevil
Thunderbolts
Fantastic Four
Wonder Man
Nova

Don’t forget the villains

Abomination
Ghost
Taskmaster
US Agent
Zemo
Agatha
Loki
Kingpin

Its about Avengers, not villains

For a resume:
Phase 1 assembled 6 formers avengers
Phase 2 added new wave Falcon, Rhody, Vision, Wanda
Phase 3 recruited last avengers : Spidey, Carol, Antman + allies non-members (Strange, Tchalla, GoG)

Next 3 phases will bring back remaining formers + potential new members . For A5 & A6 we can have:
-Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor , Falcon(new cap), Rhody, Spidey, Antman, CapMarvel
-NEW: Wasp, Valkirye, Bucky, Strange,
Monica, Bishop, ShangShi, Echo, Daredevil, Blade, Black Knight, Moon Knight, SheHulk, Kamala, IronHeart, Wonder Man
-uncertain: Wanda, White Vision

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"